Announcing: Lord Sevein's Let's Play: Jurassic Park - The Game!

edited January 2013 in Jurassic Park
Hi guys! I wanted to take a second to announce my Let's Play of Telltale's Jurassic Park - The Game!

Unboxing Telltale's Jurassic Park - The Game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCLJrCenaPM

[Posted in April]
The first episode will posted the same day as the release date. I've already pre-ordered so here's hoping for a release this week! :D

Now, why am I doing this? Honestly, I've seen a lot of people here on the fence about whether or not to pick up the game. From what I have seen, Telltale is taking the first honest crack at the JP licence in a long time. I completely support trying to keep the look and feel of the original movie as well as the decision on not making the game just another dinosaur shooter. They've also been successful in sculpting an amazing community and environment here on the forums. Personally, I'd love to see Telltale supported (financially that is) for all the hard work they seem to be putting into this release. Hopefully, once people see some live game play and commentary they'll choose to support Telltale too!

Unfortunately, I won't have any footage of the Telltale game until the release date ... However, I was thinking of doing a Let's Play of the original Jurassic Park game for the SNES in the meantime. Would anyone be interested in that? You can check out my youtube channel here.

Anyway, let me know what you think!

[Edit: 11/15/11]

This game is freaking amazing so far! Hopefully everyone else is enjoying it as much as I am now!

[Edit: 1/16/13]

Just updating the thread for anyone wanting to see a full playthough. I still recommend the game despite some of the flaws other people have pointed out. I had a blast playing through it and it seems people enjoyed watching it.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Nice, I might check out the upcoming video once I have finished the first episode. :)
  • edited April 2011
    Games delayed to end of 2011, fall.
  • edited April 2011
    chris198 wrote: »
    Games delayed to end of 2011, fall.

Yeah I just got that email ... Eh you can't fault them for trying to make a better game. I just hope this delay doesn't cloud people's opinion of Telltale. Sure, the game might be delayed, but whatever makes for a more successful launch will mean nothing but good things for the franchise as a whole. Yeah of course I wanted to play the game this week, but I'd much rather have the Telltale game be the basis of many great games and (dare I say it) a revival of JP as a whole. Anyway ... I'll turn the nerd off. :)

Of course this means my let's play will be delayed. However, what JP game would everyone want to see in it's place? I personally have fond feelings for the old SNES game as it was the first game I got with the system.
    dg53z9.gif

(Just for reference, this is the one I'm talking about.)

What do you think?
  • edited April 2011
    Of course this means my let's play will be delayed. However, what JP game would everyone want to see in it's place? I personally have fond feelings for the old SNES game as it was the first game I got with the system.
    dg53z9.gif

This one has my vote!
  • edited April 2011
    That one has my vote as well, pretty cool game in my opinion!

Seems like a game well suited for a let's play, too.
  • edited April 2011
    Armakuni wrote: »
    That one has my vote as well, pretty cool game in my opinion!

Seems like a game well suited for a let's play, too.

It also lends itself to emulation as that adds a huge feature not present in the original game: a save function.

That's two for the SNES game. Oh derrr - I should create a poll. One sec. :)
  • edited April 2011
    the avgn did a review about this one..so i vote for the snes version too
  • edited April 2011
    Wow what timing! I totally didn't see the thread voting for everyone's favorite JP game. Check it out here. That Trespasser game is really tempting ... but I'm way more familiar with the SNES game. Hmmm ...
  • edited April 2011
    Wow what timing! I totally didn't see the thread voting for everyone's favorite JP game. Check it out here. That Trespasser game is really tempting ... but I'm way more familiar with the SNES game. Hmmm ...

There's plenty of time to do both! :D
  • edited April 2011
    I'd say go for the SNES version first (as I just saw a let's play of Trespasser not very long ago :D).
  • edited April 2011
    I'm seeing a lot of votes for "no" but not any suggestions for the alternatives. For those of you saying no, what is it you want to see instead? So far I've got several votes for both Trespasser and the SNES game and I'd love to do both. Biggins is right - there's now time to do both! :)
  • edited April 2011
    Sevein - if you want to do many JP let's plays, may I suggest yet another game for you? :D

The DOS version of first Jurassic Park game would be really cool to watch a longplay of... it's quite a good game too.

Here's a clip of the game so you can see what it looks like... this clip is of the Amiga version of the game but it's identical to the PC DOS version other than having much uglier 3D sections.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhrC34TcIK4

So because of the ugly 3D sections in the Amiga version (they sadly didn't include support for faster Amigas), I highly recommend you do the DOS version... should you decide to record this game as well, of course.

Might be a better idea than doing Trespasser? I mean seeing how there is already at least one let's play of that game, and it's also a really damn good one.
    I doubt there are any let's play of the DOS/Amiga version of the first JP game.
  • edited April 2011
    Armakuni wrote: »
    Sevein - if you want to do many JP let's plays, may I suggest yet another game for you? :D

The DOS version of first Jurassic Park game would be really cool to watch a longplay of... it's quite a good game too.

Here's a clip of the game so you can see what it looks like... this clip is of the Amiga version of the game but it's identical to the PC DOS version other than having much uglier 3D sections.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhrC34TcIK4

So because of the ugly 3D sections in the Amiga version (they sadly didn't include support for faster Amigas), I highly recommend you do the DOS version... should you decide to record this game as well, of course.

Might be a better idea than doing Trespasser? I mean seeing how there is already at least one let's play of that game, and it's also a really damn good one.
    I doubt there are any let's play of the DOS/Amiga version of the first JP game.

Ooooooooo how did I not ever know about this game?! It looks like it has a lot of potential despite some awkward moments. I'm going to look this up and get back to you.

Awesome suggestion!
  • edited April 2011
    It is a pretty nice game... it has some rather big flaws but it's still enjoyable.

The biggest flaw by far is that the game often feels a bit empty... there are several areas where the dino population is too sparse.

But it has many interesting moments... many things from the book you won't find in any other JP game, such as the ride on the raft through the aviary and many other things.

The graphics are pretty nice as well, which helps give it a decent atmosphere (especially if you use the CD version that has CD audio music).
  • edited April 2011
    Will it include commentary, which is a weird question since it is a lets play.
    But i also have thought about doing a lets play on the game, if i get a dazzle(game recorder) a Mike (for commentary) and another email(mine dose not work with veritication emails)
    HintHintHint- I would wait awhile, when COD blackops came every gamer on youtube made a lets play, review, walkthough, and playthoughs on the same day.
    *JPOG* cough
  • edited April 2011
    Will it include commentary?

*JPOG* cough

Yup almost all of my videos have commentary in them - watching without them is pretty boring unless the scene/chapter/stage just warrants it. i.e. The minecart level in the original Donkey Kong Country (also on my channel) is really too hard to have coherent commentary throughout the level.

LOL. Nice subtle plug for OG there. :p

So here's now things are looking like they will go down:

1. A long play of the SNES game starting tonight.
    2. A couple of operation genesis short play videos as the game doesn't really lend itself to long plays.
    3. The possibility of doing a long play of that game Armakuni mentioned once I can get ahold of it.

I'll get cracking as soon as I get off work. I'm always open for more suggestions though!
  • edited April 2011
    Ok episode 1 of the series is up!
    fylmow.jpg

Let's Play: Jurassic Park (SNES) [URL="Let's Play: Jurassic Park (SNES) Episode 1 - Welcome to Jurassic Park"]Episode 1 - Welcome to Jurassic Park[/URL]

I've recorded episode 2 and 3 but they'll go up later this week. :D
  • edited April 2011
    Nice! Going to watch this one later this evening, you're quite fast! :D
  • edited April 2011
    Dinosaur Battles isn't a very bad game, you sould check it out..
    Oh and there is a secret area in the SNES game, it offers alot of ammonution and health, since I hadn't played the game in a while i don't know where it is. It is some where in the rocky areas.
  • edited April 2011
    Dinosaur Battles isn't a very bad game, you sould check it out..
    Oh and there is a secret area in the SNES game, it offers alot of ammonution and health, since I hadn't played the game in a while i don't know where it is. It is some where in the rocky areas.

I remember where it is. God I love that place. I still remember accidentally finding that place when trying to get away from a raptor on the cliffs. I thought I had died. :D
  • edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    Another nice episode, it really shows you have had a lot of experience with this game! :D

By the way, in the DOS version, the T-Rex bit is mandatory... you have to escape it at one point, by first pushing a barrel of fuel down a cliff, and then going down there where the T-Rex will start chasing you... conveniently, you find a flare gun right where the chase starts and you have to fire at the T-Rex to delay it (but you have quite limited ammo)... and then pass the barrel you pushed down earler and ignite it, creating a wall of fire which stops the T-Rex.
  • edited April 2011
    Excellent videos Lord Sevein!
  • edited May 2011
    Episode 3 of my Let's Play: Jurassic Park is up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lOlRedWkrM

During the recording, editing, and encoding I've tried really hard to keep the quality as high as is reasonable. I've also tried to keep it pretty close to actually playing the an old Super Nintendo. In my research I've found that most SNES games were actually made with a 4:3 aspect ratio in mind rather than the SNES's native 8:7. Interesting stuff for a geek like me. ;)

Anyway, watch in HD and subscribe if you want to see more from me. I'm thinking a few one-shots of operation genesis are coming soon.
  • edited November 2011
    Hi guys!

Well the game finally came out yesterday and man is it pretty amazing. At first I didn't think I would like it all that much (due to my hatred of quick time events) but I'm really liking the flow of the game so far. There is a great look and feel to the game that I'm finding just fascinating. I hope that my videos will help some people decide to buy the game after seeing some of the cool scenes in the first episode! Anyway, I stayed up until 3 in the morning last night recording, editing, rendering, and uploading the first episode of the LP. I think that the episode turned out great! I'd really appreciate any comments or feedback you guys might have - feel free to leave it either here or on youtube.

Link to Episode 1, Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/LordSevein?feature=mhee#p/u/6/xlhMwHFdQTU
  • edited December 2011
    Whoops ... I've been a busy little bee since the last time I posted ... SEVEN more episodes have been added to the mix. The latest of the mix features the fist part of episode 2! I also got my hard copy of the collector's edition in the mail a few days ago and did an unboxing. Feel free to check that out if you are thinking of getting it. (Hint: I totally suggest it!)

Anyway, all episodes can be found in my OP. Hope you enjoy!
  • edited December 2011
    I think they're pretty awesome. Good job so far.
  • edited December 2011
    Good know you're doing the Jurassic Park The Game vids Lord Sevein! I've watched alot of your videos and they're pretty cool. :cool:
  • edited January 2013
    Wow it's been a while ... but I thought I'd update and say that the series is up and has been complete for a while now. Seems to be pretty popular and is my most watched series by far. Hope someone else likes it!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.