Any news from E3?????/

edited June 2011 in Jurassic Park
i dont really fancy my self a gamer, i play like once in a while or when im home sick from school, so i dunno too much bout this e3 confrence or where i can watch it, so id like to ask if anyone has heard anything relating to jurassic park, the game (or movie), the reason i add movie is because joe johnston had said Jp4 would take off after captian america, captian america hits theaters in 2-3 weeks so i think this jurassic park "rebirth" is on its way to phase one: JP4 and then the new JP trilogy is said to follow after that,

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2011
    I don't think Telltale has announced anything as of yet, however you can always check their Facebook and/or Twitter as well as various gaming websites to see when Telltale announces something. You could also use Google News to quickly skim the latest news.
  • edited June 2011
    They posted a new video*:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W-raCthrAM

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p74sBilYOeg

*Note; YouTube links are not original creators of video, GameTrailers was.

I was a bit surprised with someone's body being shown, I mean it makes sense but still...I can see the "environment" and "feel" that they were talking about.
  • edited June 2011
    They posted a new video*:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W-raCthrAM

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p74sBilYOeg

*Note; YouTube links are not original creators of video, GameTrailers was.

I was a bit surprised with someone's body being shown, I mean it makes sense but still...I can see the "environment" and "feel" that they were talking about.

The animation still needs a lot of work in places, and the QTEs are still, well, QTEs, but I was really drawn into the story and the characters just from those scenes. And I still think the puzzle-solving mechanics have potential. Manipulating the lights on the jeep and dropping the pop can to see where the Barbasol can rolled off felt like clever things to do. Unfortunately the interface and highlighted hot spots probably make the solutions to those puzzles too obvious for them to be satisfying. If they can figure out some way to make it less clear what you're expected to do, it could be a lot of fun.

And I still don't think it's a big deal that you can't directly control the characters and make them walk around. Being able to choose exactly where you want your character to stand on the screen has rarely been an important part of the gameplay in adventure games. The quick travel menu is a perfectly reasonable alternative means of getting your character from screen to screen. It's more akin to the GO NORTH sort of navigation of text adventures.
  • edited June 2011
    The animation still needs a lot of work in places, and the QTEs are still, well, QTEs, but I was really drawn into the story and the characters just from those scenes.

I agree about the animation. It looked Miles was hardly moving his mouth when he spoke.

The videos so far definitely have me hooked though.

Do we know who's voicing Nima? It sounds like Nika Futterman.
  • edited June 2011
    Also, nice use of blood splatter on the ID and camera angles in the jeep to avoid having to get Wayne Knight's likeness rights. :P
  • edited June 2011
    The animation is still a bit choppy, but so far the game really has me captivated. It's nice to see the Dilo's having the spotlight for a bit. I'm really getting the Jurassic Park vibe from this that I was looking for
  • edited June 2011
    I'm loving the suspense we're seeing in that preview and it looks to become a great game. I just hope it won't be consumed by QTE's and that it will be alot about problem-solving as well. But the animation is really bad, it's machine-like and sloppy but hopefully it is in its early stages at this point...

Also the camera angles at the Jeep disappointed me, I wanted to see Wayne Knight because well, it's Newman!
  • edited June 2011
    caeska wrote: »
    Also the camera angles at the Jeep disappointed me, I wanted to see Wayne Knight because well, it's Newman!

That's the point though. You'd have to license the likeness of Mr. Knight in order to show him, which Telltale wasn't able to do. Personally, I'm fine with the angle hiding his face. Makes you wonder if the Dilo tore it off or something
  • edited June 2011
    That's the point though. You'd have to license the likeness of Mr. Knight in order to show him, which Telltale wasn't able to do. Personally, I'm fine with the angle hiding his face. Makes you wonder if the Dilo tore it off or something

Then they should show his decapitated body. Don't need licensing rights for that. Besides, it's Newman!
  • edited June 2011
    Then they should show his decapitated body. Don't need licensing rights for that. Besides, it's Newman!

Touché, although that might be a tad too gory for Telltale's liking. I dunno, Newman or not, I like that they at least incorporated him into the story, plus they fixed the labeling on his jeep.
  • edited June 2011
    Please, Telltale, don't make the game childishly easy!
    I've a bad feeling about this game.... and for Telltale.... please fix the visual compartment! :(
  • edited June 2011
    First off, the enviroments look great. That area looks more or less exactly like it did in the first film and the detail on it is great. The suspense is there, which is good, and it looks like the story is going to be good as well. I'm still all for the QTE's (have been from the begining) and I'm still all for not being able to control your character directly. Also, that whole Dilo attack scene was freaking awesome. That's on par with some of the best scenes from the films and I can't wait to see what other encounters we face in the full game.

Now, on to the bad. I'm still noticing a pause or break in between "some" of the QTE's button prompts. It's smoother then the last videos I've seen but it can still use some work. Also, the animation could still use some work. The facial expressions don't look as good as they could be. The characters themselves seem a bit stiff in some scenes. I noticed some weird glitching with the Dilos in some scenes. And I think its the animation (not the graphics) that should be the key thing to be working on at this moment.

Overall, I still like the direction this game is going and I can't wait to play it. And a bit of a side note. Just a suggestion really. If you get to make a part two for Jurassic Park (which I hope you do) you should consider looking into motion capture like they use in Uncharted. It really helps when trying to capture a cinimatic feel like you are going for.
  • edited June 2011
    There's a lot of great things going on in this demo. I love the interface, the meld of plot and puzzle solving, the location, the design, the lighting. I really like the way you move between locations. And the cinematography - in vid 2, there are a couple subtle vertigo effects that are perfect. I'm also super excited that you can die. They make the dinosaurs super scary.

But the voice acting and character animations are definitely subpar. The animations are so bad that I'd probably bet these are "alpha" animations—and not what the final game is supposed to look like. But the voice recordings are probably final - and that's a bad thing.
  • edited June 2011
    I thought the voices were great. The characters came off as interesting, and the performances were believable.

The voices, the music, the sound effects -- the sound design in general was really great. Definitely on par with Telltale's previous games.
  • edited June 2011
    There's a lot of great things going on in this demo. I love the interface, the meld of plot and puzzle solving, the location, the design, the lighting. I really like the way you move between locations. And the cinematography - in vid 2, there are a couple subtle vertigo effects that are perfect. I'm also super excited that you can die. They make the dinosaurs super scary.

But the voice acting and character animations are definitely subpar. The animations are so bad that I'd probably bet these are "alpha" animations—and not what the final game is supposed to look like. But the voice recordings are probably final - and that's a bad thing.

In terms of voice acting it was Nima>Miles, but it was far from bad voice acting.
  • edited June 2011

So many negative comments...
  • edited June 2011
    IGN community is always really pissed off for some reason.

They probably just need to get laid...
  • edited June 2011
    Ah, youtube, the place where ignorants gather to judge on something that's really insignificant. I honestly think it's so funny how people base something soley on graphics.
  • edited June 2011
    The problem is that unless you are a fan of Telltale of Jurassic park you won't give this game the light of day which sucks because its looking to be a fun game.
  • edited June 2011
    The problem is that unless you are a fan of Telltale of Jurassic park you won't give this game the light of day which sucks because its looking to be a fun game.

It's sad but true. Unless you're an FPS or an MMORPG, chances are your game isn't likely to sell all that well thanks to generic gamers that are far too ignorant to see the potential outside of disembodied hands holding a gun.
  • edited June 2011
    So many negative comments...

Yeah. Too many maybe.
    But please be honest:
    This is E3 2011 graphic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAI0F1-P0EI
    This is Telltale's best graphic effort yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEJpGscYevg
    Look expecially to the feeling of qte on both.

I like how Telltale handled eyes (since BTTF), and the general mood of the game. But the textures are very low quality (and too compressed). Still missing Ambient Occlusion (expecially in the dark scenes), more polygons would be great, and some bad transitions between scenes.

I've already said this: extreme and entertaining gameplay innovations and a well screened story are the only things that can save this game.
  • edited June 2011
    I think the most critical problem with this game are the animations body and facial!

For a story based cinematic game a certain minimum standart of quality must be reached, otherwise it will be very hard to overcome the uncanny valley and gain entertainment out of this. I dont think the game reaches this standart right now...
  • edited June 2011
    sadly due to the graphical concept of JPTG the graphical weaknesses outweigh the achieved goals of the maxed out game engine.
    people would rather say "ugh, what a bad facial animation" or "such a stiff movement of the dilo" than, "well, what a nice use of light" or "impressive lush foilage for a telltale game".
Sign in to comment in this discussion.