Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Finally some Telltale E3 news, thanks for sharing this!
  • edited June 2011
    While it is cool... its not anything we didn't already know...
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Having watched it, I wish there was more footage. However, it's better than nothing I guess.
  • edited June 2011
    Well, at least I got to see that Nima's encounter with the Dilophosaurs is a playable level.

I was worried that the first playable level would be the level from the Demo (with the Triceratops and T-rex), and that Nima's encounter would just be a long unplayable cutscene before Harding finds her....so that's one relief.
  • edited June 2011

I like that pic of Jess hanging from the Visitor Center. They must just arrive there seconds after Grant and the gang leave.
  • edited June 2011
    Sadly, it's nothing we don't already know, however it's nice to see some footage that hasn't really been touched on. I agree with Orange Intercourse though. I was worried that Nima's encounter with the Dilo's and Troodon's was just going to be a rather long cutscene that would've dragged. It's nice to know we could get the chance to play (and die) as her character as well as the rest. As for the screenshots, love the one of Jess hanging from the Visitor's Center, and it's nice to see that they did revamp the grapics on the Dilo frill a little. It actually looks more like flesh, rather than the cardboard cut out seen in the 'Meet the Dino's' video.
  • edited June 2011
    Glad to see some more footage of the dilophosaur attack in action, and more so for the fact that it's playable like the rest of the game :) Watching it off camera instead of live stream was a bummer though, so I took a look at the screenshots straight after. Taking that extra time to fine tune the game was the right thing to do, Telltale - already the game's looking nicer than it did in the early trailers :)
  • edited June 2011
    I can see improvements in the graphics. Hopefully the hiccups will be fixed!
  • edited June 2011
    Hmmm, who's the guy at the left?

jurassic-park-the-game-20110607061018043_640w.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    Hmmm, who's the guy at the left?

jurassic-park-the-game-20110607061018043_640w.jpg

That's the man who was on the phone in the first trailer
  • edited June 2011
    Tiranno wrote: »

in 1:32 you can see the guy dead and lying on the ground eaten(?) by a Dilophosaurus.
  • edited June 2011
    in 1:32 you can see the guy dead and lying on the ground eaten(?) by a Dilophosaurus.

I noticed that too. Seems he doesn't last very long.
  • edited June 2011
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/117/1174727p1.html

Instead of starting a new thread I decided to post it here. IGN talks about Jurassic Park. It seems that the gameplay is good but they say that the graphics and animation needs to be touched up.

EDIT
    Another interview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixnsh3gpcsQ&feature=feedu
  • edited June 2011
    The screenshots and the interviews are really getting me revved up for the game. I'll be leaving it up to you guys to keep the boards updated with new announcements. ;)
  • edited June 2011
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/117/1174727p1.html

Instead of starting a new thread I decided to post it here. IGN talks about Jurassic Park. It seems that the gameplay is good but they say that the graphics and animation needs to be touched up.

EDIT
    Another interview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixnsh3gpcsQ&feature=feedu

Excellent find! The game still does look a little rough around the edges, but there's still plenty of time til the fall for Telltale to patch things up here and there.
  • edited June 2011
    I got bored halfway through the footage... it's just not my thing at all. It's a movie you have to press buttons during, it's not a video game.
  • edited June 2011
    From a different thread in the forum. I think you'll like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W-raCthrAM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p74sBilYOeg

Enjoy!

Mechanics could still use some polishing, but overall, I am VERY impressed with what has come foward from the last gameplay footage seen. There's still some things to overcome, but overall, Telltale is doing a phenomonal job with this game so far! Hat's off to the team. Keep up the good work!
  • edited June 2011
    From a different thread in the forum. I think you'll like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W-raCthrAM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p74sBilYOeg

Enjoy!

Mechanics could still use some polishing, but overall, I am VERY impressed with what has come foward from the last gameplay footage seen. There's still some things to overcome, but overall, Telltale is doing a phenomonal job with this game so far! Hat's off to the team. Keep up the good work!

I'll tell you straight:
    The graphics looks 5 years old. The animations are even worse.
    We need grass, ambient occlusion, HDR and more facial and body animation tecniques. Even the textures are so low in resolution.

How can this game compete with others?

The ONLY thing that can prevent this being the TT's worst game is the story and the gameplay.
    If they don't push the gameplay to the edge (even taking some risks) proving that there's some good to balance the poor graphic, this game will be an Epic Failure.

Sorry for everyone involved, I know you're doing your job the best way you can, but I would be a liar if I tell you it's all ok.
  • edited June 2011
    I got bored halfway through the footage... it's just not my thing at all. It's a movie you have to press buttons during, it's not a video game.
    It's just like the original Dragon's Lair. I like it. If the story is good, the graphics aren't too bad and the QTE aren't too easy (nor excesively hard), I think I will enjoy very much this game/interactive movie/whatever-you-call-it...
  • edited June 2011
    http://uk.ign.com/events/e3/2011/live-video

Jurassic Park Live at E3 in 55 minutes.
  • edited June 2011
    The best part of the G4TV-video is of course my BTTF-poster hanging in the background... woohoo! :D
  • edited June 2011
    Saw the videos. The environments do look a bit better, actually pretty decent. But the animations are indeed very bad, needs a lot more work.

Also I think Miles acts a bit too comedian, he reminded me of Biff in Bttf. Maybe a bit overrated, especially in a scene that is supposed to be scary and suspense. It was actually suspenseful but the feeling is destroyed by finding me being happy that this punk gets killed by the dilos...
  • edited June 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    Also I think Miles acts a bit too comedian, he reminded me of Biff in Bttf. Maybe a bit overrated, especially in a scene that is supposed to be scary and suspense. It was actually suspenseful but the feeling is destroyed by finding me being happy that this punk gets killed by the dilos...

He reminded me of the lawyer in the first movie. He's a weaselly, cowardly, comic relief character that you kind of don't mind getting killed.
  • edited June 2011
    When they showed him walking up behind Nima, I thought he was possessed or something with his neck at that very...ODD angle...
  • edited June 2011
    I'll tell you straight:
    The graphics looks 5 years old. The animations are even worse.
    We need grass, ambient occlusion, HDR and more facial and body animation tecniques. Even the textures are so low in resolution.

How can this game compete with others?

The ONLY thing that can prevent this being the TT's worst game is the story and the gameplay.
    If they don't push the gameplay to the edge (even taking some risks) proving that there's some good to balance the poor graphic, this game will be an Epic Failure.

Sorry for everyone involved, I know you're doing your job the best way you can, but I would be a liar if I tell you it's all ok.

So your pretty much saying that the graphics are the reason the game isn't any good? Talk about shallow. Telltale isn't a million dollar budget game studio. They have little to work with, and from what I have seen they are doing great with JP. I think the mouth movements are a little awkward, but the story is extremely accurate to the source material.

This is not a game for the casuals, this is a game for Jurassic Park fans.
  • edited June 2011
    Tiranno wrote: »
    So your pretty much saying that the graphics are the reason the game isn't any good? Talk about shallow. Telltale isn't a million dollar budget game studio. They have little to work with, and from what I have seen they are doing great with JP. I think the mouth movements are a little awkward, but the story is extremely accurate to the source material.

This is not a game for the casuals, this is a game for Jurassic Park fans.

yep Jurassic park fans!
  • edited June 2011
    I am actually really impressed at the level of detail in the environment, it really does resemble the film.

I am still a bit concerned with the gameplay though, it seems to rely to much on over-the-top action sequences. I was hoping Telltale would take the more paced/ suspenseful route. Something with a little more weight and atmosphere (like a game equivalent of raptors in the kitchen).
    Hopefully I am wrong.
  • edited June 2011
    jpark_08 wrote: »
    raptors in the kitchen

This sounds like quite an exciting concept for a new reality cooking show...
  • edited June 2011
    This sounds like quite an exciting concept for a new reality cooking show...

I was refering to a scene in the game that rivals the suspense of the kitchen scene in Jurassic Park.
    Though you probably already know this, and are just being a dick.
  • edited June 2011

God I hate pampered kids like you.
    It's not all about graphics. Look at Minecraft, over 2 millions sales.
    Fullstop.
  • edited June 2011
    but TTG wants to provide a "cinematic experience".
    they used a more realistic setting and film techniques such as DOF, camera-angles...etc. so unfortunately graphical weaknesses are more noticeable.
    it's a tricky thing.
    noone would argue that angry birds has bad graphics. or tetris. or minecraft.
    it is a matter of the overall concept.
  • edited June 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    God I hate pampered kids like you.
    It's not all about graphics. Look at Minecraft, over 2 millions sales.
    Fullstop.

This game is unlike minecraft about characters we are supposed to care about. Well its hard if they move and talk like robots or plastic puppets. If you choose this scenario you must be sure to provide what it needs.
  • edited June 2011
    I hope they tie in the original story somehow. I want to see all of the original characters like while Harding Jess and Nima are doing this, Alan and the Kids are being attacked or something
  • edited June 2011
    You do know guys this is the EARLY BUILD

This is the reason it was delayed. Cause it was shitty. They are still working on it

themoreyouknow.png
  • edited June 2011
    Could they just do motion capture so everything's more fluid?
  • edited June 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    Could they just do motion capture so everything's more fluid?

I think it's a bit late for them to go back to square one and do MoCap now. They did say that they wouldn't be doing a complete graphics overhaul, so don't get your hopes up too high for it. They probably will do some minor adjustments as far as lip flaps go and such.
  • edited June 2011
    The thing is... they are using mocap. They already confirmed that in the private forum a while back.
  • edited June 2011
    I think it's a bit late for them to go back to square one and do MoCap now. They did say that they wouldn't be doing a complete graphics overhaul, so don't get your hopes up too high for it. They probably will do some minor adjustments as far as lip flaps go and such.
    Yeah, but for me that's enough. Bad lip sync would pull me out of the experience that's supposed ot be cinematic, otherwise I don't care much about the graphics.
  • edited June 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    Yeah, but for me that's enough. Bad lip sync would pull me out of the experience that's supposed ot be cinematic, otherwise I don't care much about the graphics.
    Wasn't this also a problem in BTTF?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.