If life's like a video game...

edited June 2011 in Forum Games
If you wish your life was like a video game, which genre of game would you like? Me? I would pick RPG because I really like to fight with swords and magic spells; and I love mythical creatures, and exploring different worlds.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Life should be like Final Fantasy IX.

(In fact, everything ever should be more like Final Fantasy IX.
    ..... Final Fantasy IX....)
  • edited June 2011
    Genre? I don't know. Specific game? Portal.
  • edited June 2011
    There's many scientists, who I would respect, that think reality , life , whatever , is much like a computer. Or "game".
  • edited June 2011
    One where I can use a Godmode cheat.
  • edited June 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    One where I can use a Godmode cheat.

Oh, that would be awesome! Can I join you there?
  • edited June 2011
    A game world I'd actually like to live in? Pokemon. You get your own mythical creatures as pets, and get to travel the world with them. AND ANYONE CAN DO IT. None of this "royalty" this or "its your destiny" that. ANYONE with a few Pokeballs and ambition can be great.
  • edited June 2011
    A game world I'd actually like to live in? Pokemon. You get your own mythical creatures as pets, and get to travel the world with them. AND ANYONE CAN DO IT. None of this "royalty" this or "its your destiny" that. ANYONE with a few Pokeballs and ambition can be great.

And I bet the world will be more in touch with nature and less war.
  • edited June 2011
    vyperspit wrote: »
    And I bet the world will be more in touch with nature and less war.

Not with Team Rocket about.
  • edited June 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Not with Team Rocket about.

True; but the good part is you get to fight them.
  • edited June 2011
    Jessie: Prepare for trouble.
    James: And make it double.
    Jessie: To protect the world from devastation.
    James: To unite all people within our nation.
    Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and love.
    James: To extend our reach to the stars above.
    Jessie: Jessie.
    James: James.
    Jessie: Team Rocket blasting off at the speed of light.
    James: Surrender now or prepare to fight.
    Meowth: Meowth. That's right

You know with a speach like that they may be the good guys.
  • edited June 2011
    Board games, like monopoly. You never know what you'll land on, but at least it wont be death.
  • edited June 2011
    vyperspit wrote: »
    True; but the good part is you get to fight them.

But wait if you fight them your gonna be more concerned with war then nature. And the world would pretty much be the same but with cool monsters.
  • edited June 2011
    An adventure game! And preferably one in which you cannot die. You can carry the same bucket that you can hide in, as well as many other items which are combine-able in different ways. Nothing that you say or do can harm you, and you can often use a map for swift travel.
    And in instances where you can die, you just begin your life again or are revived one moment before the horrible mistake.
  • edited June 2011
    mqUbJ.png
  • edited June 2011
    Genre? I don't know. Specific game? Portal.

Yes, because it's awesome to be locked in an empty facility while an insane computer tries to murder you, and finally escape only to realize that there is an interdimensional invasion going on, and there are very few surfaces that are made by moon rocks that are good portal conductors outside the facility.

Genre, I don't know. The most interesting worlds are found in specific games.
    Specific game; Psychonauts. I'd be a psychic, and every person is a different world.
  • edited June 2011
    I'd like to be in an Adventure Game, Why? Because I can get away with a lot of things with no one noticing like talking out loud and picking up random things. Also being able to put any amount of stuff of any size in my pockets and to always pull out the right thing is also awesome.
  • edited June 2011
    No series has made me want to jump into the screen and be part of its world quite like Monkey Island.
  • edited June 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    No series has made me want to jump into the screen and be part of its world quite like Monkey Island.

I thought about this. Then I thought about what happens to supporting cast and other characters ancillary to Guybrush himself. Such things include being trapped on Monkey Island after Guybrush sinks your ship, eaten by a giant manatee (twice), dropped via rollercoaster into a pit of lava and/or turned into an undead skeleton, drowned in quicksand, eaten by a snake...
  • edited June 2011
    In theory you are probably correct... but... Guybrush surely would not do anything horrible to little old me..... would he? Shifty_Eyes_Emoticon_by_Canaan1.gif
  • edited June 2011
    Garrys Mod. I win.
  • edited June 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    In theory you are probably correct... but... Guybrush surely would not do anything horrible to little old me..... would he? Shifty_Eyes_Emoticon_by_Canaan1.gif

He might loot your family tomb, steal and use your club membership, put a rat in your vichyssoise, drug your dog, feed metal shavings to your cat, or coat your juggling cannonballs in chicken grease.
  • edited June 2011
    oh.... LittleBIGplanet.
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    He might loot your family tomb, steal and use your club membership, put a rat in your vichyssoise, drug your dog, feed metal shavings to your cat, or coat your juggling cannonballs in chicken grease.

I guess the lesson to be learned is just give Guybrush whatever bit of garbage he thinks he needs off you.
  • edited June 2011
    That settles it, Guybrush is a Karma Houdini.
  • edited June 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Garrys Mod. I win.

Actually, yeah. That's the best game world to live in. He wins. Thread Closed.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.