Favourite non-Telltale Jurassic Park game?

2»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Warpath: Jurassic Park made GameInformers top ten fighting games we'd like to forget list. Page 28 of the most recent issue.
  • edited March 2011
    Warpath: Jurassic Park made GameInformers top ten fighting games we'd like to forget list. Page 28 of the most recent issue.

I seriously love you!!! I put this issue on a shelf when it came in cuzza no JP news for a few days and because you posted this, i just went upstairs and got it this morning to see if you were just teasing me with really cruel humor, but nope, so im extremely happy!! :D

I will say that it is bad news that they put Warpath on that list :mad:, but i really dont care because these days, I will take whatever Jurassic Park news I can get!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    I love OP, But my vote goes to JP2 The Chaos Continues... WAAAAAY High Quality multiplayer game, its simply epic!
  • edited March 2011
    I would consider The Chaos Continues to be very epic. I played that thing like crazy and the graphics are actually very impressive. And that bit with the T-Rex and the jeep is just awesome.

@RexMaster, I was upset to see it on that list too. But at the same time I was like, "Hey LOOk! Something jurassic park releated! lol
  • edited March 2011
    Operation Genesis: Build Your Own Jurassic Park!
  • edited March 2011
    I liked the SNES JP the best. The continuous overworld map made it feel like you were exploring Jurassic Park in an early kind of open world way.
  • edited March 2011
    I had Dino Defender and Danger Zone, as well as The SNES Version of the first Game. But I still LOVE Operation Genesis. I just can't stop thinking up new ideas for parks. My next project is to build Isla Nublar.
  • edited March 2011
    Trespasser was VERY buggy and sometimes downright annoying, but I am still very fond of it. I was so excited when my father bought it for me.:) I loved the idea of exploring the island.

So for nostalgic reasons, my vote went to Trespasser.
  • edited March 2011
    I wish they would have made that Resident Evil-like survival horror game
  • edited March 2011
    I've never played trespasser but I would look good if it was remade today.
  • edited April 2011
    My two favourites are The Lost World (PS1) and Operation Genesis, but since I can't pick both, The Lost World gets my vote. I play a lot of platformers on consoles both old and new, and TLW is still high on my list for it's graphics (good by PS1 standards) and the option to play as both the dinosaurs and the humans. The only thing I didn't like about it was the inability to save your progress to a memory card, but I've still got the passwords for it so I can pick whichever character I want to play with each time I boot it up.

I still like to play Operation Genesis on PC every now and then too - back when it came out I was thrilled at the idea of being able to create my own Jurassic Park from the ground up, and taking control of the ranger copters and safari land cruisers whenever I wanted to. Started playing it again last week, and so far I've gotten the park's rating up to 4 stars. Managed to raise it up to 4 1/2 at one point, but the game crashed before I could get round to saving it :(
  • edited April 2011
    Anyone feeling nostalgic right now? ah those were my fondest memories of childhood.
  • edited April 2011
    I picked the SNES one even though as kid I could never get through the whole thing. But I saw that the first poster seemed to want to try the 3DO version. But I gotta say it's terrible.
  • edited April 2011
    Neko20 wrote: »
    I picked the SNES one even though as kid I could never get through the whole thing. But I saw that the first poster seemed to want to try the 3DO version. But I gotta say it's terrible.
    Yeah I saw the AVGN video where he talked about various JP games including that one and it does indeed look like crap :D
  • edited April 2011
    I knew JPOG would win! It's my favorite JP game.
  • edited April 2011
    I would consider The Chaos Continues to be very epic. I played that thing like crazy and the graphics are actually very impressive. And that bit with the T-Rex and the jeep is just awesome.

@RexMaster, I was upset to see it on that list too. But at the same time I was like, "Hey LOOk! Something jurassic park releated! lol

That game had a voiced intro too, which was interesting for a snes game.
  • edited April 2011
    guilmon182 wrote: »
    I knew JPOG would win! It's my favorite JP game.

Same here!:D It's the only game (in my opinion) that recreates the awe of the movies.
  • edited April 2011
    I must say OP:G. I just love trying out the different mods that there are for the game and building that ultimate (functioning) Jurassic park!

I have actually played the mobile game, its not halfbad actually, for its format that is. Easy game though but a bit varied as you can play the Trex aswell as Alan and Ian.

Oh, and first post. Long time reader first time poster!
  • edited April 2011
    Epic post. So much nostalgia in this thread.
    Operation Genesis on PC is probably the "best" JP game on that list, but I think the original SNES game will always hold a special place in my heart.
  • edited April 2011
    I always liked the SNES version's music, that was the best part! But yes Operation Genesis is the best gameplay wise, but I still love the SNES for nostalgia ^^
  • edited April 2011
    Mine was Jurassic Park for Sega Genesis. But my goodness it was so hard. Haven't played it since, I wonder if I could solve it.

Been meaning to pick up Operation Genesis for sometime now, I should get on that.
  • edited April 2011
    From that list, Operation Genesis.

Of all time is The Lost World Arcade Game though...
  • edited April 2011
    It really surprises me that there are zero decent Dino games made for recent Windows like Vista or Win 7. These game companies are very very foolish not to take advantage of the interest in this dinosaur theme MANY years ago. Im sure lots of folks like me are facinated by the dino theme. My hat is off for Telltale games for FINALLY making one. I have over 100 games I bought recently but JP from Telltale is among the super rare games I did not wait for a 50 to 75% or more discount before I bought it. lol
  • edited April 2011
    Wow the descriptions of Trespasser make me totally want to Let's Play that game!

I was really looking forward to doing a LP of the Telltale game but, since it has been delayed, I was looking to do another one. It seems like a close tie between the SNES and Trespasser games.

Let me know which you'd like to see in my Telltale LP thread here.

:cool:
  • edited April 2011
    JPOG fanboy right here
  • edited April 2011
    By the way - my opening post in this thread is a very long one, containing short descriptions of every game in the poll, as well as screenshots.

It's easy to miss the first page in a thread, and I get the feeling many here have... not that it's essential reading by any means, but it might be somewhat interesting to JP fans.
  • edited April 2011
    Definitely Trespasser. Operation Genesis is cool too but I'm not much into park builders.
  • edited May 2011
    I've never been into any kinds of building sims either, which is the reason I never checked this game out more than I did... maybe I should do that someday though, it's Jurassic Park related after all, might be more fun with dinos.
  • edited June 2011
    Well I replayed JP dinosaur Battles, it isn't bad(the plot I give a 6/10) It features all of the dinosaurs of the franchise except Compsognathus(I understand why), Ceratosaurus, Corythosaurus, Parasaurlophulus,Paheycephalosaurus and I can understand why the two saurapods weren't in there. But I give it a 7/10
  • edited June 2011
    here's a small funny game I've found on Indiegames, just like the little brother of JP:OG ;)
    http://games.adultswim.com/dinosaur-zookeeper-simulation-online-game.html
  • edited June 2011
    You forgot the arcade shooter.
  • edited June 2011
    I really liked Jurassic Park für DOS a lot because it covered a lot of elements from the novel.
  • edited July 2011
    It's just too bad the DOS version feels so unfinished - the two weapons are completely unbalanced, the default electrical prod gun thingie with unlimited ammo is much, much too powerful which renders the only other weapon you can find, the shotgun, quite useless.

The other problem with the game is how sparsely populated the park is with actual dinos... other than those annoying little compies and the occasional spitters here and there.

If they had done a better job with those two aspects of the game, it could be a classic... as it stands, it's rather a game showing a lot of potential but falling short of being great.

Still had a great time playing through it, though... even recorded a longplay some time ago.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.