What's the next blog going to be?

edited February 2005 in General Chat
I could guess a million different things but I'm going to put my money on the proper implementation of rubber ducks in adventure games. :-?

Comments

• edited October 2004
    I'm not allowed to tell you what the next blog will be about, but it's something incredibly exciting that you all know and love!!! Yes, every last one of you!

Actually, I haven't a clue what the next blog will be about, but I wanted to do whatever I could to drum up support for the blog speculation thread, which is currently my favorite thread by a wide margin.

If anyone wants to help make this the #1 thread, you can make suggestions for blog topics. If I'm really inspired by any suggestion, I'll make that the subject of the next blog AND I'll treat that person to dinner at the Wendy's down the street from Telltale HQ! You'll have to pay for your own airfare though. And any food you want at Wendy's. And my food too. Kind of a bum deal for whoever wins the contest come to think of it, but don't let that stop you!
  • edited October 2004
    Rubber ducks are nothing. How about rubber corporations? I don't believe I have ever seen a major corporation in a video game, not portrayed in a negative light, not to mention ones constructed from non-metallic materials.

But how about the literary and textual value (and lack thereof) of some games? You've touched upon that in the Blades of Stenchtar bilogy, but I'd like to know how you respond to games that cheapen the serious value of a game's story in the name of gameplay, and conversely, games that sacrifice gameplay for story. Do you see a day when video games will be as valued texts as books and film are now?

Actually, I'd just like to see your reaction to a stocky bipedal dog and psychotic rabbity thing dropping by your broom closet well-furnished office.

-Kalt
  • edited October 2004
    If you're going to build publicity for this thread, you'll need to write a blog about blog speculation thread perpetuation. It'd be the perfect promotion.
  • edited October 2004
    That's a good suggestion. Wait, that might be a tongue twister.

Sporkman suggested a speculating blog about blog speculation!

I've got to right that down somewhere.
  • edited November 2004
    Why can't the blog just be a surprise?
  • edited November 2004
    It could always still be a suprise, if no one can get it.
  • edited November 2004
    Boobs.

If it's not about boobs, I'd settle for alot of boobs.

If it's not about alot of boobs, I'd settle for a overwhelmingly tremendous infathomable lot of naked breasts.

Basically, if it's not about boobs, alot of boobs or a overwhelmingly tremendous infathomable amount of naked breasts, I'm not reading it. So there. Your loss.

Asshole.
  • edited November 2004
    wooooo buddy, i know that you intend for that to be a joke, I'm just letting you know, that post may offend. my older sister was over my shoulder when reading it and didn't like what it said. just thought I'd give you a heads up. i do encourage free speech though, so my post is not to offend you or anyone and i hope that you don't feel as if my post is coming off hostile i'm writing this with the utmost respect to you.
  • edited November 2004
    No problem. If it offended you or anyone else, I'll remove it.

But you have to understand, I'm just a dumb foreigner with a very limited understanding of the english language. But I've picked up the most important words, as you can see, from watching american movies and visiting internet forums.

Tell your sister I'm sorry, and I'll make it up to her someday if she gives me the chance. I'm a great kis... I mean conversationalist. So I'm sure she'll see that I'm not that bad a guy afterall.

Well, let's get back on topic. Don't let me bother you, my friends.

And yeah, I know this reply may seem demeaning and sarcastic as well, but I promise you it is not it's intention. It's just my attempt at trying to be funny, and failing miserably in the process. Looking forward to many great years with Telltale, their games, and the people who play them!
  • edited November 2004
    i wouldn't call yourself a dumb foreigner, and i wouldn't delete you post either, the word boobs here in the USA is such a small word for someone to get offended with but it does happen. i thought your post was comical. one reason you shouldn't call yourself a dumb foreigner is because you spell better then i do and I'm fluent in English. if my post made you feel bad then I'm sorry. and i thank you for your understanding.

groop hug............ :p
  • edited November 2004
    why not make a blog about amking blogs :D why not make a blog about amking blogs
  • edited November 2004
    Speaking of overused coasters, why don't you bring back the band, Brendan? I'm sure Troy would be happy to replace Metalhead Marty as drummer. I'm sure you could do some hardcore music work for any upcoming games.

Well, that is, as long as Troy doesn't drum with his damaged toes.
  • edited November 2004
    why not make a blog about amking blogs :D why not make a blog about amking blogs

Let's just repeat the last blog instead....to keep going trends....to keep going trends... :p
  • edited November 2004
    It's been over a month since the latest blog came out.
  • edited November 2004
    I just planted a nice blog into my toilet. Thanksgiving'll do that to you.
  • edited November 2004
    Breden is probably busy writing his and a bit of Kevin's biography.
  • edited November 2004
    who is kevins
  • edited November 2004
    ok
  • edited November 2004
    I say a blog about the official company mascot. My sugestion? Purple Roy.

Forget it.
  • edited December 2004
    How about a blog about Ted Dudebrough.
  • edited December 2004
    Brendan, i've been to that Wendy's...whatever you do... don't order the Biggie Shake... it'll give you the biggie runs.

How about i take you there for lunch, and you write your new blog about how awesome I am, and how much you wish I worked at Telltale games...
  • edited December 2004
    oh man so this blog stuff is pretty exciting huh...

better just write the blog about how im going to drop out of highschool and get a job at the dry cleaners.
  • edited February 2005
    Sorry to be so demanding but... We need a new blog. Not that all the musings of my fellow adventure game fans aren't interesting to read, but... I would love to hear some more thoughts from the Telltale Gang. I assume their silence is a good thing (i.e. they are working hard on the new game) but to quote the immortal words of Dr. Evil, "throw me a frickin' bone here!"
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2005
    >sigh<

You are SO demanding....

Very well, I will drop everthing I am doing right this instant and write you a new blog.

I hope this makes you happy.

But mark my words...when I have taken over the gaming world we will be doing things on MY schedule!

--Heather
  • edited February 2005
    ...but.... but... what if you were about to tell us what the new Telltale game is? :O

And now we're just going to get a blog, instead? :((

Nice going, spf1978! [-( :-L
    edited February 2005
    I guess you'll never know now, will you?

;)
  • edited February 2005
    Ack! What have I done!? :(
  • edited February 2005
    Hi, heatherlee

wellcome to your third month at telltallgames!
    I hope you enjoy it.

But, well
    Home page http://
    Cool Link 1 http://
    Cool Link 2 http://

please change this!
    finaly the homepage should link to http://www.telltalegames,com, shouldn't it?
    And give us some cooool links.

PS.: I like your avatar B-)
    edited February 2005
    Very well, Psychonaut...give me MORE things to do why don't you...

I put links in just for you.

And I also looked at your links, which made me realize just how rusty my German really is....

Heather
  • edited February 2005
    *tip* if you keep germans inside they wont rust
  • edited February 2005
    *tip* if you keep germans inside they wont rust

I've always found that if you use a little olive oil, the germans wi-- oh, you were joking... Nevermind. :-s
  • edited February 2005
    Woohoo - the new blog is up! Heather rocks. I guess we didn't cause her too spend too much of her time policing our swearing after all!
This discussion has been closed.