Thanks Telltale

I have been looking all over these forums tonight and I have seen a lot of people complaining about various problems, this is fair enough as it has only just been released and a few problems are to be expected. However one thing I haven't seen is anyone saying Thank You Telltale for bringing us Jurassic Park The Game. Now I know all of the people who aren't having problems are probably enjoying the game as its really good fun but if you read this post just take 10 seconds to say thanks as I know they will really appreciate it, so here are my thanks;

Thank you Telltale

Comments

• Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    :D My pleasure, for sure.

Thanks for playing! :o

EDIT (I could probably speak for the whole team, but I don't want to steal their opportunity to return the thanks.)
  • edited November 2011
    Oh i agree! Yes, there are bugs, but I really enjoyed the story and the characters. They really captured the look and feel of the films while giving us an original story that is very entertaining. So thank you Telltale for giving us Jurassic Park fans a new, and fantastic, story that we can all talk about.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited November 2011
    Aww.... you guys! :)
  • edited November 2011
    Absolutely agree and a good idea to bring up a thread with that :)
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks guys! I got my problem solved! Even though this whole time I've been bickering, I'd also like to say...

THANK YOU SO MUCH D:::

IVE BEEN WAITING FOR A GAME LIKE THIS FOR ABOUT 8 YEARS NOW D:::

I am in your debt. ^-^
  • edited November 2011
    i absolutely love this game Telltale, thank you very much, you deserve my money... will there be more episodes? if so when?

sorry, i just completed the game i want so much more dino action :)
  • edited November 2011
    Thank you telltale!
  • edited November 2011
    I agree! I was one of the many who preordered it when it was supposed to be released in April, and let me say this was worth the 7 month wait.
  • edited November 2011
    Ditto to the above. It's a bit wonky in places (my audio tends to reverb in the most odd places), and whoever made the "steal the shaving can while a t-rex feeds 20 feet away without stepping on a twig" is a sadist, but the game really is what "The Lost World" should have been.

Tell me there's a sequel in the pipeline?
  • DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Thanks, folks for speaking up! It warms our hearts and those of our prehistoric, cold-blooded bretheren...um...sistren.
  • edited November 2011
    I've been waiting for this game since 1993. So a big thank you I hope you get another opportunity to make a series 2.

I know the game has its bugs, but it didn't stop me from being thrilled from beginning to end, and makes me insanely jealous not working for your creative team especially when it comes to writing.

I hope your experiences on Jurassic Park has helped you increase the quality of your products, and I'm sure it has enabled you to push boundaries on what you can do with your engine, and help improve your engine tenfold. Well Done
  • edited November 2011
    I would also like to thank you. I read Jurassic Park twice in the fourth grade before the movie came out. I saw the movie three or four times on the big screen. It helped that it played at the $1 theater for over a year straight. I was also a huge adventure game fan from the time I got my hands on the first Monkey Island game, which was right around that same time. This is a game that I've wanted since.

You've managed to bring so many of my favorite things from that era of my childhood (Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Wallace & Gromit, Jurassic Park) and let me experience them all over again as an adult. Thank you for this and for all of the other wonderful games that you've given us.
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks for helping to bring Chrictons story and universe to life.
  • 8bitnick8bitnick Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    It's been said before, but Telltale really does have the best fans :)
  • edited November 2011
    Same here guys, I haven't really suffered from the issues others have and I've really enjoyed the game. I also realize that you guys do something special here that isn't really done else where. When adventure gaming was becoming rare you picked up one of the best series of all times (Monkey Island) and gave it to us. I have had one minor glitch prior to JP (Last BTTF Episode) out of all the games I've purchased from you guys. There isn't one game I've bought I regret buying and I hope you continue to do what your doing. After seeing the way JP was handled it gives me high hopes for the Walking Dead. So a big thank you to all the telltale gang and the hard work I know you have put in.
  • edited November 2011
    The game does have a few bugs here and there but personally I haven't seen anything show stopping yet. One time I had to restart the game because the mouse cursor wasn't visible anymore, that's the "worst" bug I encountered.

And the game itself, even though the episodes seem to be a bit shorter than usual, blew me away. I would never have thought this would turn out to be a good game when I heard it's going to be an interactive movie kind of thing and when I saw the graphics on the screenshots which are okay for adventure games but surely not for a cinematic experience (or so I thought!). I was a really big Jurassic Park fan as a kid, I had all the toys, so keep this in mind when I say that I liked the game even better than the first Jurassic Park movie (which is the best of the three in my opinion). Playing the game gives you the exact same feeling as watching the first JP movie, which is an enormous feat already, but what makes it even better is that it manages to be even more thrilling than the movie already is. And there are just so many really crazy and memorable moments in the game.

So, thanks Telltale! You really did a great job. I'm certain that for a lot of people this game is going to be one of those very few games you play every couple of years for the rest of your life (hopefully ScummVM will support it in a few decades).
  • edited November 2011
    Well I was disappointed because of the lagging and freezing. Then I just decreased the shadow quality and it's okay now. I can now fully enjoy the game. This does need fixing, BUT that's for another thread.

Thanks Telltale... I am on episode 3 atm but loving it so far.
    The game does capture the magic of the movies and Chricton would be proud of how you have brought his universe to life.
    I love the way the story tied into the plot of the film, with Nedry and the shaving can.
    Is it wrong to laugh at the death scenes? Sometimes I just failed a button prompt on purpose to see what happens. Ofc I ended up with getting silver or bronze for the scenario, but it was worth it :D
    edited November 2011
    Masta23 wrote: »
    Is it wrong to laugh at the death scenes? Sometimes I just failed a button prompt on purpose to see what happens. Ofc I ended up with getting silver or bronze for the scenario, but it was worth it :D

Don't worry-- we laughed a lot, too. It's ok... the characters are just jumbles of polygons. :D

Somebody should create a youtube collection of all the death sequences.
  • edited November 2011
    Sinaz20 wrote: »
    Don't worry-- we laughed a lot, too. It's ok... the characters are just jumbles of polygons. :D

Somebody should create a youtube collection of all the death sequences.
    Somebody should make a rap out of the death screams. Now THAT would be funny :p
    edited November 2011
    Masta23 wrote: »
    Somebody should make a rap out of the death screams. Now THAT would be funny :p

All the death screams are individual sound files... it could be done.
  • edited November 2011
    This game is so great, so different, and it still feels like an adventure game.

My girlfriend is playing it right now on the Xbox (Haha! She just died, that's new!) and I just ordered it for the PC.

Telltale is the best.
  • edited November 2011
    I would also like to extend my thanks. There were a few glitches (the AK disappeared out of the big guy's hands in one shot, cursor disappeared once), but overall very enjoyable experience, and it just felt like it belonged in the JP movie universe.
  • edited November 2011
    I like to think that for every complainer there is two or three people at home enjoying their game... most will never even know there is a community here chatting it up...

I know this one was a challenge to make.. it is very different than previous games.. I think it fits in well with the franchise. .... also Oscar is officially the biggest badass TTG has ever had in a game.... other than maybe Treasure Crab.
  • edited November 2011
    lol i gotta say thanks too when i couldnt get the game to go past chapter 2 i was pretty much in a state of panic but once someone told me how to fix it and i got to play the rest (on chapter 4 now) i gotta say this game is a master piece
  • edited November 2011
    Haven't gotten around to chapters 3 and 4 yet (waiting on a friend to get out of work so we can finish it together) but so far I must say that you folks here at Telltale have gone above and beyond my wildest expectations. I have been blown away, and although I have avoided spoilers, I've heard the best is yet to come. Thank you, Telltale for bringing my childhood back to life.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm less than halfway through the game, but I'm already loving what I see. This truly is a fan's game.
  • edited November 2011
    Okay Telltale... I take back what I said about the marine facility being a mistake. :D It was freaking amazing!!!!! But many thanks for giving the Pteranodon's a couple of really good scenes. I really have been waiting for a game like this since... well since forever really :) I mean I was 1 when the movie was released. I kinda cried at the end.. nostalgia just kinda crept up on me.
    Thanks for an awesome Game Telltale! You guys are awesome developers!
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks for bringing a great story to Jurassic Park, it was absolutely worthy and entertaining and makes me want a sequel bad!
  • DXPDXP
    edited November 2011
    Going to agree with everyone it was a fantastic game, you guys rock it was well worth the wait and finally knowing the fate of those Dino embryos, and most of the other personnel on the island who didn't escape in the film was amazing and the nostalgia....it was like playing the game and eating one of those t-rex lollies they made with the red gooey centre(wish I had one of those now :( ) I hope we get to see more Jurassic Park games because I know i'm going to be plunging back into this and going through all the options and choosing stuff I didn't the first time round.
  • edited November 2011
    What problems? I didn't encounter a single issue other than a occasional early game audio repeat... no stutter, start, restart, etc problems.

System I'm using is:

intel i7 2600k sandy bridge
    16GB of Micron lowest latency DDR3
    Intel gaming mobo
    EVGA Geforce GTX580
    (2) 1TB harddrives
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Using onboard 5.1 audio

Im using a wired Xbox360 controller.

And, as the OP stated... great game! it really tells a tale and expands the JP universe. Definetely one of the best JP games to ever be released. Love the cinematic aspect to it!
  • edited November 2011
    Just finished the game. Amazing! It was everything that I hoped it would be. The action sequences were great, especially the last one with all the shipping containers. I've seen some complaints about the graphics, but I thought it was quite impressive. I was actually really happy that it wasn't so complex that my Macbook couldn't handle it. I know some people may not agree with me, but personally, I really enjoyed that the game was very plot-driven. Maybe it's because I haven't played many games in the last 5 years, but I thought the writing was one of the best that I've ever seen in video games. Yes, it was a little sentimental here and there, but it also facilitated the flow of a well thought-out plot nicely and provided a cast of multi-dimensional characters, which I appreciated. This was my second Telltale game (the first being BTTF), and I was not disappointed at all. Thanks for the game, guys, and keep up the great work that you do.

Oh and was anyone else aware that NBA superstar Ray Allen was in cahoots with Hammond? lol
  • edited November 2011
    I really enjoyed this game! I was surprised at how good it could look on my P.O.S. There were a few questions that I was hoping would be answered and I'm a little sad that it's pretty much confirmed that the Jurassic Park facility was going to be wiped off the map, but a very good story and great characters.

Also, I loved that Sarah Harding DID get mentioned!
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks!

And I'm already waiting for Jurassic Park 2!
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited November 2011
    I'd like to take a moment and personally thank all of YOU guys, The fans!

For understand and appreciating what we set out to accomplish with this game.

For recognizing the care we put into crafting this story, making sure that it FIT the Jurassic Park universe. Ensuring that the story was about people, and families... just like the movies.

For allowing us to experiment with new gameplay ideas to best compliment the cinematic presentation instead of holding us to Classic Point & Click interactions or expecting a Multi-Million dollar FPS.

For picking up on all the little details like Sara's mention and the way we tried to explain discrepancies between movie canon and modern facts about the dinosaurs.

You guys really "Get It". And I respect the hell outta you guys for that.

Thank you!
  • edited November 2011
    Hello,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank and congratulate the entire TellTale team who worked on this project.
    I have finished playing the episodes and I have to say that it was the Jurassic Park interactive experience that I have longed to have for years (that and a giant open-wold game a la Stalker who would fulfill all Trespasser's promises but that's a different subject).

Thank you for respecting and "getting" so much the spirit of Jurassic Park.
    Thank you for using this bold game design and control scheme which I think has more to it than meets the eye when it comes to interactive "games" and storytelling.
    It's a very elegant game and I congratulate you once again for adapting the JP experience to video game form.

I can only hope there will be a sequel possibly dealing with The Lost World as it has been suggested.

There might be minor issues that need ironing out but the essential is definitely here and that is all that matters.
    From the bottom of my gamer and jurassic park fan heart, I thank you and salute you.

PS: On a strictly personal note I'd like to congratulate you for depicting in all its infamous accuracy the American teenage girl, verbal quirks included while providing at the same time the opportunity to feed her to raptors, T-Rexes etc...
    May you be blessed for that
  • edited November 2011
    I would like to thank Telltale for the crotch death in chapter 4. lol
  • edited November 2011
    Johro wrote: »

Oh lord, that was one of the deaths that literally made me cringe imagining how painful it would be.

I must tip my hat to Telltale for Sorkin's journal, it was fun reading all the notes and references to how the DNA splicing screwed the dinosaurs up.
  • edited November 2011
    Yes, THANK YOU!
    My first computer game was Trespasser.
    I have been waiting for a quality Jurassic Park game for years, you you have delivered!
  • edited November 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    Oh yeah! It was one of the best things EVER. And not just in a video game.:D

But seriously, thanks for the whole game, TellTale, you delivered the goods!
  • edited November 2011
    Can someone explain the Pteranodon sitiuation to me? Did ingen let them just allowed them to roam the island this whole time? Did they escape from their aviary. I'm so confused...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.