Jurassic Park III: The Game

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
I know that a sequel to JP:TG has not yet been made and this is probably to early to say but I've got an idea for JPIII:TG. Any suggestions for it such as Plot, Dinosaurs, ECT. post it here.
jp3tg.jpg
Dinosaurs
Spinosaurus
Tyrannosaurus
Velociraptor
Compsognathus
Pteranodon
Triceratops
Stegosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Troodon
Carnotaurus

Comments

• edited November 2011
    No! No! No! Not a game based on that awful awful movie!
  • edited November 2011
    JPTGfan wrote: »
    I know that a sequel to JP:TG has not yet been made and this is probably to early to say but I've got an idea for JPIII:TG. Any suggestions for it such as Plot, Dinosaurs, ECT. post it here.
    jp3tg.jpg
    Dinosaurs
    Spinosaurus
    Tyrannosaurus
    Velociraptor
    Compsognathus
    Pteranodon
    Triceratops
    Stegosaurus
    Ankylosaurus
    Dilophosaurus
    Troodon
    Carnotaurus

hell no! but wouldnt mind seeing a game based from the novel on how alex survives the island in 2 weeks, and how his steph father died
  • edited November 2011
    Nope, nope, we should all pretend that ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to do with JP3 should be forgotten and never spoken of again.
  • edited November 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    Nope, nope, we should all pretend that ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to do with JP3 should be forgotten and never spoken of again.

but you can't because of jp4
  • edited November 2011
    I pray to god jp4 heeds that advice too, and is a reboot or a prequel.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm not a huge fan of JP3, but there was that Jurassic Park: Survival game that was supposed to be released a few years ago that could have been an interesting game to have released.
  • edited November 2011
    _Veritas_ wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of JP3, but there was that Jurassic Park: Survival game that was supposed to be released a few years ago that could have been an interesting game to have released.

yep
  • edited November 2011
    JP1 and JP 3 are my favorites!
  • edited November 2011
    Maybe JP3 wasn't such a good film but maybe Telltale could do it some justice with a good game with an actually good story. I'd like this.
  • edited November 2011
    hell no! but wouldnt mind seeing a game based from the novel on how alex survives the island in 2 weeks, and how his steph father died

The kid's name is Eric and Ben was his mother's boyfriend/ partner, not his stepfather (yet.)
  • edited November 2011

Theres a novel? Missed that, whats its called? Just "Jurassic Park 3" or what? Im guessing its not made by Chricton though.
  • edited November 2011
    Its a child's novel, if I remember right. Not to be harsh, but that little kid should of died...
  • edited November 2011
    Its a child's novel, if I remember right. Not to be harsh, but that little kid should of died...
    Jurassic Park Adventures: Survivor, right? I've never read it but it sounded interesting.

I think they need to do The Lost World before JP3. But if they do JP3, then I do think it should center around Eric's 8 weeks on the island.

As for Dinosaurs: You cannot do a JP3 game without Spinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, the redesigned Velociraptors, Ceratosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Corythosaurus, Ankylosaurus, and Pteranodon.
    They could also possibly throw in Baryonyx or Suchomimus, and possibly have a Stegosaurus, Parasaurolophus, or Compsognathus cameo.
  • edited November 2011
    Well here's the plot I'm suggesting.
    Remember in the beginning of the film when Eric and Ben were parasailing and the crew got killed and the boat was destroyed? Well what if the crew did survive and they have to survive on Isla Sorna until help arrives? Would that be a good plot?
  • edited November 2011
    Remember in the beginning of the film when Eric and Ben were parasailing and the crew got killed and the boat was destroyed? Well what if the crew did survive and they have to survive on Isla Sorna until help arrives? Would that be a good plot?

It would be, but it didn't look likely they did survive. What about this for a Telltale style game?

Ellie Sattler sees her child making dinosaur noises after a strange phone call and goes MENTAL. You become the character. You ring the police and have multiple choice conversation options. They do Nothing. You chat up an ex-boyfriend and grab a number for the local military base and call them. After several false start conversations. They do nothing.

For some unknown reason you think that your little boy has somehow told you that your ex-boyfriend Alan Grant is on an island with dinosaurs and it ISN'T the one that you know about. What do you do?

You are Ellie and you call Ian Malcolm.

"where was that place you went to in that second movie?"

Classic Goldblum style voice impersonator.

"erm, yar- er....Nublar."

"No ian. That was the first movie."

"Oh. Sauna?"

"not right now."

"No Ellie. I got it. yar....er....its...er....Sorna. Chaos. Er...yar. I was not expecting this er.."

Ellie hangs up.

You then control her as she calls back the military base and CONVINCES them to send plus 100 soldiers to a random location that she has only just heard about.

The game could then send you on its second location to the inside of the boat as Ellie joins the crew of soldiers, JUSTIFYING her insane actions to each and every soldier on the boat.

"I heard my son do a dinosaur noise"

"I put two and two together"

"I hate that frickin' parrot and I hate my life. Cast me in Jurassic Park 4. I don't even care if you cast my ex Jeff Goldblum."

So yeah. That's my AWESOME idea for a JP3 game based on the best ending since The Godfather Part 2.
  • edited November 2011
    but you can't because of jp4

What would make you think that JP4 would have anything to do with JP3, which added NOTHING to the franchise (and besides, the 4th film will be the start of a new story anyway)?

As for a game, I'd like to see either something revolving around the blockage around Isla Sorna as seen at the beginning of the movie (maybe a political thriller set partially in Washington DC as well as the Costa Rican mainland), or something about the military tracking the escaped Pteranodons after the end of the film (somehow leading to encounters with other species and perhaps revealing more of InGen's past).
  • edited November 2011

Bringing the dead toll in this story back to four*: Billy magically survives, and now the two crewmen on the boat should survive as well? That would turn Isla Sorna into the island from Lost, having magical powers! ;)

A story set on Isla Sorna could be interesting, but it would be best if it had little or nothing to do with the two sequel films: a more original story could be about a journalist investigating INGEN and the secret operations on the off shore islands. That would create a possibility for a new cast of characters to appear and it could take place right between Jurassic Park and The Lost World: Jurassic Park. It could start out as a detective story, turn into an adventure and then become a bit of a horror fest, trying desperately to survive on Isla Sorna. It would give the game's creators freedom to what kind of settings and dinosaurs they can design and use. I for one am a bit advocate of more herbivores and small carnivores. (And, of course, Tyrannosaurus.)

* Note: I do not believe the amount of deaths in a film is a good measure for its quality, but in the third film, the deaths all occur during the first half hour of the film, leaving virtually no surprises. (Billy surviving was a - nasty - surprise.)
  • edited November 2011
    i want too see how eric got the t-rex pee!
  • edited November 2011
    Jurassic Park 3 isn't as bad as a lot make it out to be. It's a very entertaining adventure film. I understand the story isn't the most original. And I would have loved something more along the lines of what they did in The Lost World novel. But overall it was a fun movie.
  • edited November 2011
    I pray to god jp4 heeds that advice too, and is a reboot or a prequel.

agreed, i think it should be a direct sequel to either the first film or second. similar to the game.
  • edited November 2011
    Jurassic Park 3 isn't as bad as a lot make it out to be. It's a very entertaining adventure film. I understand the story isn't the most original. And I would have loved something more along the lines of what they did in The Lost World novel. But overall it was a fun movie.

i enjoyed the film, but its my least favorite of the series. I didn't like how it was just a fun movie, the reason i enjoyed the first film is because it has some issues with genetic cloning and all that stuff, (and i love the novel more because it goes more in depth with what we should and shouldn't do with science and stuff like that) JP III was more of just a ride. don't get me wrong, JP III is an enjoyable movie, but it felt more of a action movie rather then a science fiction. i think thats why some people didn't like it as much. just my opinion.
  • edited November 2011
    all exept carnotaurus and add in brachiosaurus.
  • edited November 2011
    Hermes7282 wrote: »
    No! No! No! Not a game based on that awful awful movie!

That thing was not a movie, god knows what was that thing.
    Published fan fiction maybe?:confused:

I bloody hate it.
  • edited November 2011
    agreed, i think it should be a direct sequel to either the first film or second. similar to the game.

I think it should be a reboot of the franchise and make it true to the Novels. Though a prequel of JP or TLW does sound cool.
  • edited December 2011
    TBH I would love to see a JP:TLW Noval based Film or Game. BTW the Film TLW got Nothing in common with the book.
  • edited December 2011
    Keevi wrote: »
    TBH I would love to see a JP:TLW Noval based Film or Game. BTW the Film TLW got Nothing in common with the book.
    He's right. The Plots of the film and novel are different. In the end of the film, Isla Sorna becomes a nature preserve. In the novel, the Dinosaurs were dying from prions. I hope JP4 has a plot similar to TLW novel.
  • edited December 2011
    ^^^^^
    What this guy here says.
    JP3 it's just a fanfiction by Joe Jhonston made into film. We all should just forget that awful mediocre movie.

If they ever make a new JP movie then it should be a reboot of the 3rth wannabe film.
  • edited December 2011
    I wanna play Paul Kirby:
    "When That Tricycloplots Attacks You, Don't Come Crying to Me!"
  • edited December 2011
    I dont get why all the hate on JP3 i though it was an enjoyable movie, and (along with both other JP movies) have watched it over and over again more than 20 times and i still like it. Just because it was different doesn't mean it was completely bad and a game would be awesome specially with the spinosaurus, maybe they could have about what happens after the movie, maybe when the navy and soldiers pop in they are sent to scout the area, fixing upon certain characters.

These soldiers go out and a group goes back and they all start departing leaving behind a last group for further inspection. While the last group is searching the area for any survivors of the kind they leave another soldier in the boat. While they are in the jungle they hear gunshots and run back only to find their comrade torn to pieces, completely setting the scene for a new dinosaur to be introduced (like troodon) and the boats controls and everything is destroyed, so they are stuck and try to call via a phone thing but they are ambushed by velociraptors and end up loosing them or breaking them while they run for their lives and they loose their guns after they have to jump into the water where the dinosaurs won't follow them. then they decide to go look for the facility to see if something there could work like the radio used in JP:TLW movie but slowly they start getting killed and when they find the facility they are attacked by the spinosaurus and you have to either outrun or outsmart it resulting in it running away after feeling footsteps (which could be the ending of one of the episodes, leaving it with water ripples on the spino footprint) and then a large Zhuchengtyrannus appears being the mystery dinosaur that not even InGen could classify because it was a dinosaur not yet discovered as fossils (which is now discovered) , and chases the people devouring one of them which had a radio. The people get away from it and run into the Pteranodon cage but are stuck because (as in the movie) the stairs and bridge thing fell and the Zhuchengtyrannus is still out there. U are given the choice of going against the Zhuchengtyrannus but you get eaten, then u have the option of staying where you are at until the dinosaur leaves but Pteranodons attack you so the only working option you get is try to find a way out through the other side so you have to jump and try to hitch a "ride" on incoming Pteranodons who eventually drop the characters into the water and you have to swim away from them and eventually you'll get away and head back to the facility and you have to fix some wires an stuff and the radio works and you call for help. Then you here the first guy's radio from before start playing and they run outside only to find the helicopter of mercenaries destroyed and Zhuchengtyrannus (mimicing the event in the movie with the phone) and then it chases you again eating another guy, until you run into the woods where troodons attack you and kill two of the men where the last two soldiers run away and hide on a tree and brachiosaurus' come in and the guys talk bout their families over in the U.S. and stuff. Then you attempt running back onto the facility but are attacked by the Zhuchengtyrannus once again but a Tyrannosaurus Rex appears being chased by a Spinosaurus and they 3 have a battlle that the two soldiers have to evade and once you call for help u actually get sent the whole army again and everyone leaves with the Zhuchengtyrannus killing the Spino and T- Rex and "Ground Zero" happens to Sorna.

Yeah something along those lines.
  • edited December 2011
    i agree with raptor hunter
    I thought it was a great movie and with telltales awesome ability to make great games they could make a great game out of JP3!:D
    Don't hate on my favorite movie.:)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.