Common JP Problems/Solutions

Let's consolidate solutions to common problems mentioned here so far. Add more fixes if you know of any.

-Frame Rate is lagging
In the graphics settings, lower the Shadow quality to Low and/or turn off the DoF option. This appears to be a graphics card issue on certain ATI cards.

-Mouse pointer randomly goes missing during Exploration sequences
Close the game and reopen it.

-Game goes back to main menu after completing a scenario
The game will only progress during a Load playthough. If you are playing using the Scenario option, the game will reset to the menu after completion, as was intended.

-Game won't start up again after exiting.
Open the Task Manager and look for the game in the Processes tab. Select it and hit End Process. Try starting game again.

-Certain Achievements not activating
Some achievements must be obtained through a Load playthrough and won't activate if playing on Scenario.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    just curious if anyone had an idea on when they might be fixing these issues cause they do get kinda annoying xD
  • edited November 2011
    The game will only progress while playing with the Load option in the main menu. If you are playing using the Scenario option, the game will reset to the menu after completion as intended.

Yeah, it took me a while to figure that one out. Maybe they should have included a readme or sort of manual since the game is not as self explaining as the previus TTG.
  • BenBen Former Telltale Staff
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for collecting these. Worth being sticky I think.
  • edited November 2011
    i did complet the game and i have lag that is annoying for me it is all the time some times it happed when you need to press on the game pad and sometimes its happed when you dont need to press at all.
  • edited November 2011
    When I finished an episode, there never showed up any credits.
    It just continued with the next episode.
    Any comment on that?
  • edited November 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    Any comment on that?

I think they deleted the single credits after they decided to build one big game consisting out of several Episodes. I would have appreciated it to see the single credits, too.
  • edited November 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    Any comment on that?

It was by design that the credits only play at the end of Episode 4.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm getting the disappearing mouse pointer issue. Crap.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm on a Mac running OS 10.7 and the game was running fine. I closed out, and now when I reopen the game, the screen goes black. The audio still plays and it I move the mouse I can hear it moving over the menu, but the screen stays black.
  • edited November 2011
    So I have a pretty killer system yet I'm having issues.

The frame rate is super fast, but the game seems to stick on a frame for 1-2 seconds while music and sound continues. It's definitely not a frame rate issue as I have reduced everything and found the same issue at any setting. It's almost similar to what happens when your streaming a video online and it hasn't buffered enough.

Really annoying, especially when the game is made up of important button mashing moments.

Here are my stats:
    i7 3.2GHz, 12 GB DDR3 RAM, 1GB ATI Radeon HD5870. I should not be experiencing these issues. Can a member from the team comment on this? Thanks.

Just to note this issue makes the game unplayable in my opinion as it becomes frustrating beyond belief.
  • edited November 2011
    I am stuck on dialogue. I thought the game might have glitched, but I looked for a walkthrough and the guy seems to have been able to get out of the dialogue and back to the main screen where you can select which area you want your dude to go to. specifically, Im where Yoder has to say "got any dirt on Sorkin?" and once I get an answer I need to be able to get out of the dialogue. Please help, I havent been able to progress, and the dialogue window wont close on its own! Esc just takes me to the main menu.
  • edited November 2011
    Hello all, I haven't posted much on this forum, as I don't usually have issues with Telltale games that render them unplayable, however Jurassic Park unfortunately has made this necessary. Has anyone had these issues, and solved them? I'm playing on a PC.
    1) Logitech dualaction keypad's right trigger does nothing (so I cant enter into conversations)
    2) Saved games won't transfer from one machine to another, (I am moving over autosave.save, and autosave.prop. I even tried moving over the prefs, to no avail)

and 3) keyboard controls are unresponsive in quickly paced scenes, and sometimes pushing the wrong key will actually be registered as successful. This is a smaller issue really compared with #2, as I am trying to play it tonight on another machine but do not want to start over from the beginning. Which leads me to my last question:

Is there any way to just start from a different chapter?

Overall though loving the story, however I feel the new interface is a bit of a snub to traditional adventure gamers... but I wont complain, great work so far despite the bugs.
  • edited November 2011
    I am stuck on dialogue. I thought the game might have glitched, but I looked for a walkthrough and the guy seems to have been able to get out of the dialogue and back to the main screen where you can select which area you want your dude to go to. specifically, Im where Yoder has to say "got any dirt on Sorkin?" and once I get an answer I need to be able to get out of the dialogue. Please help, I havent been able to progress, and the dialogue window wont close on its own! Esc just takes me to the main menu.

That happened to me too. I found out that all you have to do to exit a conversation is press Z.
  • edited November 2011
    I managed to find a solution to at least start from the beginning of the chapter that you left off on, though I think Telltale would mind me publishing it in this forum, as they might consider it some sort of exploit. It would be nice to just move the save game, and there might be a way to get them to work by changing the registry more, I just didn't go looking that deeply. However if anyone is in desperate need (as I was) to at least start from the chapter they left off on from a different machine, you may PM me and I can divulge. It's nothing too difficult and only requires regedit.

As far as the control issues go, I still can't manage to find a button for conversations on my logitech, so I'll stick to my sterling bronze status and fumbling on the keyboard controls (this could completely be my fault but I'm finding them exceedingly frustrating; and I usually prefer the mouse/keyboard...).

To note, I've had all of the issues mentioned above, minus the scenario menu reset though I managed through them, with the same solutions (task manager, restarting [I cant count how many times I've restarted...], etc) I wonder how prevalent these issues are? And if this game warrants a patch. It just seems some of these issues might be common for PC users, not sure about console users.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm also getting the mouse pointer issue. When the best solution anybody has come up with is "restart the game," I have to hope that Telltale is working on fixing this. After the third time slashing my way through the jungle (since I can't make it past the next search scene without a mouse pointer), I'm about ready to give up on the game.
  • edited November 2011
    When I pause the game and then try to continue, nothing happens!
  • edited November 2011
    The game will only progress during a Load playthough. If you are playing using the Scenario option, the game will reset to the menu after completion, as was intended.

Why? Is there a possibility for game to continue after particular scenario completion? Can you make a patch? It kills immersion...
  • edited November 2011
    I am also having the problem where you can't play the game after closing, i get a black screen and can hear the t-rex in the background.
  • edited November 2011
    ok i've solved it. If you press Cmd + F it switches out of full screen cmd+f again to resume. but this is shit telltale, why does it do it?
  • edited November 2011
    I had an odd problem, though I downloaded the game from Telltale I played it on Steam (I don't own it on Steam, but I played it on Steam as a non-Steam game, if that makes sense) but when I closed the game Steam would tell me that it was still open. Then Steam would refuse to close because it said that Jurassic Park was still running. The only way I could fix it was opening the Task Manager and closing Steam directly though Processes.

I run Vista. Also, that doesn't happen with any of my other games.
  • edited November 2011
    I found the (german) voices in episode 2 are often not understandable because they are not loud enough.
  • edited November 2011
    I finished complete episode 2. Scenario 1 from Episode 2 ist still not unlocked. Registry Entry was "-1" - changed it to unlock the scenario.
  • edited November 2011
    Sorry if someone already posted this, but when I try to open the JurassicPark100 application on my Mac, I get a response saying, "The Application TellTale Games Quit Unexpectedly" every time. Please help, really appreciate it.
  • edited November 2011
    Ugh im so excited to play this game, but its soo jittery at times where i dont even see button presses, before anyone says lower your settings im running an XFX 6970, with an amd phenom 1100t, yet it randomly skips and is a bit choppy and after failing a button mash , it restarts and allows you to do it again only this time I didnt see the button show up on screen at all (during the machete jungle clearing part). I think ill wait for a patch to play it seeing how I aim for Golds and not bronze. Keep up the good work guys, just figure out the problems soon, im itchy for more play ^_^.
  • edited November 2011
    its a problem with ati cards, 5850 here and laggy as sh*t from time to time. set shadows to "low", that did the trick for me

if that doesnt help, try deactivating the aftereffects
  • edited November 2011
    I'm also getting the missing cursor problem quite frequently, really annoying!
    This should be a priority to fix.

On a positive note though, I have to say I think the game seems really good!
  • edited November 2011
    A lot of the time, when I pause the game, it does the thing with the stone closing, but never gets back to the menu, and I end up having to force quit. I have a MacBook Pro, 2 GB RAM.

Also, an unrelated problem, which is just a graphics thing, and so I am not sure if this one goes here: on Gerry Harding's shirt, around his name tag, there is a large square that gets much darker than everything else when it is in a shadow.
  • edited November 2011
    I played the whole game.

Now I wanted to load some especific moments of some games.

The menu just doenst allow me to load the chapters. They appear all with the bronze-gold icons, but when I click on them, nothing happens....

Am I going to have to play all over again?

hehehe
  • edited November 2011
    MarkoH01 wrote: »
    I found the (german) voices in episode 2 are often not understandable because they are not loud enough.

Mixing is terrible in the game. The volume changes from low to high and during a lot of the helicopter scenes I couldn't understand the dialogue at all. I had to turn on the subtitles for that.
  • edited November 2011
    Alpha0010 wrote: »
    A lot of the time, when I pause the game, it does the thing with the stone closing, but never gets back to the menu, and I end up having to force quit. I have a MacBook Pro, 2 GB RAM.

Same problem on my 2.66GHz Mac.
  • edited November 2011
    :)

All you have to do is right click and the dialogue window goes. It's as easy as that
    Jack
  • edited November 2011
    anyone else had a problem with not being able to load a saved game? I'm halfway through ep2 and when I press "load save game" i get a black screen and the mouse cursor, nothing else happens. I can start a new episode, but don't really feel like starting from the beginning again.
  • edited November 2011
    There got the Frame Rate problems on PS3 version as well...
    Got any solution to fix this problem on PS3 version?

I really hope to enjoy this game smoothly without lagging frame rate, the lagging is very annoying.

Thank you.
  • edited November 2011
    If you have the "missing cursor problem" and you don't want to restart the game, you can do the following (but it's also a little bit annoying):

1. Touch the position you want to click on with your finger.
    2. Go to main menu.
    3. Click on resume and move the cursor FAST to your finger's position.
    4. When back in game: click!

Do this as often as needed. The cursor will appear again later.
  • edited November 2011
    I play on an iMac with Snow Leopard. In the action scene I'm stuck in, pressing the correct arrow keys only gets to (annoying) red Xes, making it impossible to complete the scene.
  • edited November 2011
    the file i downloaded cant be extracted... it was a digital download striaght from telltale games. I just bought it. When I attempt to extract it with WinRar, it says C:\Users\Efra\Downloads\JurassicPark100_Setup.zip: Unexpected end of archive
    Help please?
  • edited November 2011
    trmin8r wrote: »
    I play on an iMac with Snow Leopard. In the action scene I'm stuck in, pressing the correct arrow keys only gets to (annoying) red Xes, making it impossible to complete the scene.

Are you in the scene where you have to cut the wood? Then you have to wait until the icon flickers before you hit the key.
  • edited November 2011
    In Ep4 after the elevator puzzle (Grenade throwing...cutscene) ist is impossible to get gold if you are playing with mouse. The medal turns to silver without doing anything and without showing you an action. The problem doesn't exist when playing via gamepad - don't know why, but it IS a bug.
  • edited November 2011
    Efrain999 wrote: »
    the file i downloaded cant be extracted... it was a digital download striaght from telltale games. I just bought it. When I attempt to extract it with WinRar, it says C:\Users\Efra\Downloads\JurassicPark100_Setup.zip: Unexpected end of archive
    Help please?

Try downloading again. If problem persists then try using newest version of winrar or winzip.
  • edited December 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    I had an odd problem, though I downloaded the game from Telltale I played it on Steam (I don't own it on Steam, but I played it on Steam as a non-Steam game, if that makes sense) but when I closed the game Steam would tell me that it was still open. Then Steam would refuse to close because it said that Jurassic Park was still running. The only way I could fix it was opening the Task Manager and closing Steam directly though Processes.

I run Vista. Also, that doesn't happen with any of my other games.

Having the same problem the exe file does not close down, have to log off or close by the task manager. I have steam but not playing through steam.I am running through xp as its my game drive. You only notice when you close the game & then try to restart.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.