Telltale, are you going to do a patch (PS3)?

edited January 2012 in Jurassic Park
I downloaded the game yesterday and I have completed it today. What let the game down was the amount of lag and pauses during scenes especially during QTEs. It just ruined the whole flow of the game.

On another note the sound design was a bit rubbish. The dinosaurs sound great but a lot of sounds are missing which should be heard. Namely when characters are walking you don't hear anything even when there are close up shots of their feet making contact with the ground.

Is there going to be a patch at some point?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    I hope so because in episode 4 when Billy temps the raptors they jump to bite but sounds of the raptors are missing and in some scenes the sounds the use don't match. I would also like to see a patch for most of the talking scenes because the person says something but when you read their lips it does not match what they are saying. I am hoping they release a patch for this PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(.Or maybe im being a little picky put this would really improve how much I replay the game. PS. I play it at least 3 times a day thank you for making a great game Telltale, forget what the critics say if your game is bad listen to you fan base. I hope you make a game based on the Lost World :D.
  • edited December 2011
    Phoenix123 wrote: »
    I downloaded the game yesterday and I have completed it today. What let the game down was the amount of lag and pauses during scenes especially during QTEs. It just ruined the whole flow of the game.

On another note the sound design was a bit rubbish. The dinosaurs sound great but a lot of sounds are missing which should be heard. Namely when characters are walking you don't hear anything even when there are close up shots of their feet making contact with the ground.

Is there going to be a patch at some point?

Yeah, the frame lagging really annoying...I hate it.
    And I had asked few times in this forum but nobody entertain or reply me, i am very disappointed with Telltale now...feel like cheated and been abandoned by Telltale.

I really hope they will have some solution such as update / patch to fix this problem.
  • edited December 2011
    I have to agree with pretty much everything said so far. I feel pretty cheated and hope to see this get a remake/re-write from a more capable (financially and quality assurance wise) studio. The latency is so bad I stopped playing after Chapter 2 as it completely ruins the experience. I'd also like to see them patch that idiotic 'four executable' thing they got going on. From a programming perspective I can't even fathom the logic of it. Sure there supposed intent was to release one chapter at a time, but when they decided to just release everything all at once there was no excuse not to fix that. Its not like it did any favors in the framerate or loading time department...

Patch:

-Optimization
    -4 Executables into 1 (including combining trophy data)
    -HD Texture patch

I rarely say this but I think the metacritic scores (both critic and user) were completely justified.

I loved Heavy Rain and LA Noire, Jurassic Park (and in the case of Lost World, the book) were incredible. While one can clearly see that they did indeed try, the whole experience comes off as more of a half-hearted sort of try. The extremely limited exploration was an unbelievable disappointment. The acting was lackluster and killed what could have been, at the very least, a decent story. The music, though true to the movie wasn't nearly cinematic enough. The action scene tracks were way too passive and thus didnt have any emotional impact as a cinematic experience like Jurassic Park should. I would have to say that when compared to the movies, the action in the game was few and far between. Lastly, the graphics were very dated for how poorly the game ran. If the graphics were Crysis 2 grade...say...two years ago, I probably could have cut them some slack on the massive and all-to- common latency spikes. However as it stands, and taking full account of the fact that the game was delayed from Spring all the way to Fall, there is absolutely no excuse for the number of bugs and the utter lack of any attempt at optimization. Seriously, what did they do during that time...Hybernate?

To quote Simon Cowell, "Its a complete disaster".

I was considering picking up back to the future, but I guess I learned my lesson. I definitly plan on finishing the game, once a patch is released to make it playable, but I won't be buying from Telltale again...

All I can say to the people thinking about purchasing this, at least wait till they fix all the problems with it. But then again, theres always:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rtjp
  • edited December 2011
    Now that I remember back they did delay the game for 7 months an we still get bugs and no HD graphics come on!!!!!. Although I do not agree with you on one part ElizLestard which is making the game into one Excutable,because every TellTale game released (from my knowlege) :confused: has been by episodes. It can bug me sometimes because it can make searching for a particular scenario hard if you dont remember the episode but I think its fine although it would be a good idea to patch :)
  • edited January 2012
    Still no reply from TTG...
  • edited January 2012
    I agree, a patch is certainly needed - I experienced a lot of slowdown and pauses throughout the game.
    I still enjoyed the story, but it was rather irritating.
  • edited January 2012
    I believe this is the only game of the current generation that I've bought and haven't finished the story (aside from rented games). Episode 4 on the PS3 is the most unplayable piece of crap that I've ever had the misfortune of playing. It feels like I'm a tester who paid to play the game for TT. Every time, it the exact same spot in the exact same sequence of an escape scene, the game lags when I have to push a particular button. I memorized the button's appearance down to the half-second, but no matter how quickly my response time is, it never registers due to the lag, and the character dies. Not even more than once chance- instadeath. And it's been this way since release.

I've heard TT fanboys defend their games due to story/humor, but you can convey the same things in a book (or poor online fanfiction, which seems to be more applicable here, but that's for another post). If not all buyers can play it with complete fluidity, then don't release it. If these issues somehow slip by into release, then it is your responsibility to the customer to immediately put all necessary resources into making the game playable. If you didn't have resources set aside for this from the beginning, then you shouldn't have made the game. Lack of finances is NOT an excuse. I won't ever be buying another TT game, which isn't only because of the bugs, but rather the terrible lack of support for their newly-released product.

You almost had a new regular customer, since I greatly enjoyed the BTTF series. However, I can safely place TT at the bottom of the list of developers if arranged in order of respect and trust.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.