Clever Girl - Velociraptor or Troodon?

edited January 2012 in Jurassic Park
We've known Velociraptor for many years since the 1st movie as the most popular "dino-star" after T-Rex. We, as fans, probably remember the first time we heard the name and had a good reason for it to stoke us with fear. But now Telltale introduces Troodon which is just as intelligent and cunning. After getting to know Troodon in the game, which do you think is the REAL clever girl and why?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Troodon because they are super fast, super stealth, and super dangerous. Nobody killed a Troodon But the young girl from the lost world did. Troodon.

It's no time for fun and games there's dino's all around us.
  • edited December 2011
    A raptor is all that PLUS bigger...besides, raptors rely on pure problem solving inteligence. Troodons rely too heavily on that bite of theirs.
  • edited December 2011
    I think you mean Raptor because girl killed one of them in The Lost World. Troodon wasn't in The Lost World
  • edited December 2011
    Raptor. Mainly because if Billy had been waving a flare at a pack of raptors, they would've ripped the flare from his hand, and then his arm from the rest of him. Plain and simple.
  • edited December 2011
    Trodoons where supposedly the smartest dinosaurs alive, they had a huge brain for their size.
  • edited December 2011
    Well by science troodon, their brain in proportion to their body was large making them very intelligent, but based on JP logic, Velociraptor, because they know how to work in packs to outsmart their prey and even know how to open doors compared to the Troodons who rely on stealth and their toxic bite to get their prey.
  • edited December 2011
    Velociraptors FTW. After watching the first film when I was little I was convinced they were the smartest dino alive. But IRL they were like only 2 feet tall so, I don't know what to pick...
  • edited December 2011
    TROODON! They're smart, they're fast, they're nocturnal hunters, they're venomous, and the raptors fear them. At the end of episode 3 the raptors ran off and didn't try to break down the door.
  • edited December 2011
    I just played some of ep1 today and noticed the dilos were afraid of troodons. After Nina and her employer got the can and fought with a dilo pack, they ran off when they heard the troodon sound.
  • edited January 2012
    JPTGfan wrote: »
    TROODON! They're smart, they're fast, they're nocturnal hunters, they're venomous, and the raptors fear them. At the end of episode 3 the raptors ran off and didn't try to break down the door.

If anything I'd say that speaks to the Velociraptors. The only really advantage Troodon seem to have over them in the JP universe is the venom. Humans use tools and objects to fend off the Troodons and keep their mouths at a distance. Velociraptor can't do that and a stray nick from one Troodon could mean death so the smart decision is to run. If they did fight, packs or individuals, Velociraptor would tear Troodon to pieces. It would just be a matter of any of them getting away without a bite. We also don't know the pharmacological effects in dinosaurs since they don't mingle until the breakdown of the park and it is never shown. The compys in the visitors center didn't seem very afraid of them and Troodon was small and not very powerful compared to Velociraptor in JP so they most likely only preyed on small or helpless prey such as mammals, which we know have extreme reactions to the venom. For all we know a full grown raptor may just get a headache from the venom or is only affected by large amounts from multiple individuals, which is likely in the game's instance considering the whole Troodon pack is protecting their nest. Any smart Velociraptor would realize after one Oscar meal and a meal waiting in the pens still, a few more humans behind a locked door is not worth the trouble.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.