Which JP movie Carnivore do you Like?

edited January 2012 in Jurassic Park
I've been wondering... Which JP movie series Carnivore do you like the Best? Mine is Dilophosaurus because I like the fact that it has a neck frill and can spit venom.

Comments

• edited December 2011
    mine is the velocirator, it could outsmart anyone if you give it time, also it rips your limbs off one by one, and can run 60 to 70 miles per hour, so you cant outrun it, if a cheetah raced this animal it would be a tie and then the raptor would have its meal lol, raptors are the best, especially the twl raptors, they look sort of like a tiger, with their black and orange strips, these guys were the best, i dont know why they replaced the skins in jp3, these skins from twl was awesome
  • edited December 2011
    i didn't like the raptors in JP3 too...
    they just looked too much like monsters and not like animals anymore...
    red eyes? why?

it's also stupid that the movie implies that the raptors evolved since TLW... I mean that's utter crap, really. using the resonance chamber to communicate is okay, but humans talking with a rapid prototyped chamber to raptors like in this awful scene at the end is just goofy.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't think the JP3 Raptors were that bad. They are super fast, they have high intellegence, and they work together as a pack. Besides, Their were two Velociraptor subspecies. The Ones seen in JP and TLW were "Nublarensis" (JP = Female & TLW = Male), and the ones seen in JP3 were "Sornarensis" (JP3 = Male & Female). I don't think Velociraptor Sornarensis is getting it's fair share.
  • edited December 2011
    JPTGfan wrote: »
    I didn't think the JP3 Raptors were that bad. They are super fast, they have high intellegence, and they work together as a pack. Besides, Their were two Velociraptor subspecies. The Ones seen in JP and TLW were "Nublarensis" (JP = Female & TLW = Male), and the ones seen in JP3 were "Sornarensis" (JP3 = Male & Female). I don't think Velociraptor Sornarensis is getting it's fair share.

hmnm very interesting never thought of this before, but still like the twl models better though :p
  • edited December 2011
    i loved the dilophosaurus. its a shame they weren't implicated into the lost world and JP III. but i guess its possibly a good thing, because it makes the first one that much better hahahah
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is the Tyrannosaurus Rex. The big and muscular body, the large strong mouth, the sound of the roar...
    She looks indestructible, and in real live kicks that damn Spino Ass. ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Ron_GER wrote: »
    Mine is the Tyrannosaurus Rex. The big and muscular body, the large strong mouth, the sound of the roar...
    She looks indestructible, and in real live kicks that damn Spino Ass. ;)

I wonder what breed the spino was from jp3? male or female, and on jurassic park warpath it shows it as a different design and different sounds
  • edited December 2011
    I've been wondering... Which JP movie series Carnivore do you like the Best? Mine is Dilophosaurus because I like the fact that it has a neck frill and can spit venom.

how do you post a poll?
  • edited December 2011
    how do you post a poll?

When you start a new thread you go down a little and then select "poll" something, and select a certain number of options like mine has 9 options and submit new thread and it has a poll.
  • edited December 2011
    JP3 was completely what Jurassic park was not. A complete thrill brainless movie with goofiness that portrayed the Dinosaurs as monsters and not animals.

JPTGfab:
    You are making that up, in TLW they where both males and females. The color change was based only to make them look more alive, rather than keeping them with those dull gray and brown tones.
  • edited December 2011
    Pitalla wrote: »
    JPTGfab:
    You are making that up, in TLW they where both males and females. The color change was based only to make them look more alive, rather than keeping them with those dull gray and brown tones.

Oh really? Take a look at this picture.
    643px-JP_RAPTORS_by_JELSIN.jpg
    The top left is the female from JP. The top right is the male from TLW. And the bottom ones are the Male and Female raptors from JPIII.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh really? Take a look at this picture.
    The top left is the female from JP. The top right is the male from TLW. And the bottom ones are the Male and Female raptors from JPIII.

.... sigh ok what part of my post you didnt understood?

First movie was made in 1993, for startes the velociraptors from the movies used the skeletons of Utah raptors as a base for the models because Velociraptors in real life are a lot smaller.

2nd 1997, Its obvious that the design and Special effects team have more knowledge about dinosaurs now. They have more budget and better technology, so they make better and smoother looking models. The colors change in order to make them look more alive and wild, because the colors of the original film where quite dull.

3rth 2001 the fan fiction film. Again what I mentioned, more budget, more info on dinosaurs and more ambition from the part of the team on doing cooler looking and more realistic animals. Not to mention the new technology on animatronics.
    So you can think that each film reboots the look of the dinosaurs of the franchise. Altough I would rather stay with the looks of the 2nd film, cause of the 3rth they look super Meeh....

Never the less, those are some nice colored drawings.
  • edited January 2012
    I don't understand why so many people hate JP3's raptors. I think JP3's raptors are awesome, and that they are consisent with the raptors in JP1. I will try to present my case:

You can't hate on JP3's raptors for being portrayed as super-smart, because they were super-smart in the first movie. Muldoon says they have problem solving intelligence, and the raptors demonstrate this. They systematically tested an electrical fence for weaknesses. They figured out how to open doors through observation. They are described as being at least as intelligent as chimpanzees in the screenplay and in the original novel. JP3's "smarter than primates" raptors are consistent with this.

The whole "they talk to each other" complaint is also invalid because that is what intelligent animals do. That is the whole point. The raptors call to each other with a series of barks in the first movie, and they do it in JP3 as well. All intelligent animals communicate with others of their species, so why do people have a problem with it when raptors do? Raptors were sociable, group-orientated animals that lived and hunted together in packs. This is mentioned and shown in JP1, and again in JP3.

People may hate that the raptors "look different" in JP3, but this is a poor argument: the raptors look different in all three movies. And so do all the other dinosaurs: parasaurs, brachiosaurs, stegosaurs, even T-rex change colors from movie to movie. But I never hear anyone hate on one of the movies for that. The updated look of the raptors in JP3 is far more accurate than in the previous movies: feathery plummage, which between JP1 and JP3 we learned they actually had; bird-like eyes instead of the reptilian "slit" shaped pupils; and updated color schemes and patterns that more accurately reflect their avian relationship. But none of this is ever implied to be the result of evolution as someone above mentioned; it is just an updated look based on science's changing knowledge of dinosaurs.

If any of the three movies' raptors should be singled out as not being consistent with the other two and segregated for this poll, it should be the raptors from TLW. They don't hunt like the raptors in JP1 and JP3 do; they seem to lie in wait in tall grass until prey comes by -- behavior not seen in the other movies and something raptors would never do in real life, as grass did not exist in the Cretaceous.

They don't show any of the intelligence in TLW that they did in the first and third movies; instead, they just kind of mindlessly crash into things: into walls, through glass, etc. At least JP3 stayed true to the intelligence the raptors had in JP1 and their working together in groups. In TLW, they are just a walking set of teeth.

In TLW they aren't even presented as enough of a threat or important enough to be in the movie for more than a few minutes and they serve no real purpose. In JP1 and JP3, the raptors drive the story.

tl;dr: The JP3 raptors are awesome.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.