The Mercenaries (Chapter 4 Spoliers inside!)

Why do they all die. Why did billy go bad when he should have just worryed about saving the survivors. and shouldn't they know about all of the dinosaurs. And finally, why would billy go for the can over his life. and billy should have jumped in the water. Telltales should remake it.

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Why do they all die. Why did billy go bad when he should have just worryed about saving the survivors. and shouldn't they know about all of the dinosaurs. And finally, why would billy go for the can over his life. and billy should have jumped in the water. Telltales should remake it.

No. They should not remake it. The fame was fantastic and you don't even deserve to say any of this. You weren't the one that spent money, blood, sweat, and tears into this game. They are a gaming company and they can make it in ANY way they want.
  • edited January 2012
    No the have to make more things realistic like how the merc's were INGEN (aka the dinosaur company) soldiers so they should be experienced with these creatures. otherwise they need a lesson from turok.
  • edited January 2012
    Billy was motivated by self-interest, the embryos were worth far more than his paycheck from INgen and his selfishness ended up costing him his life.

INgen hired tough mercenaries but even they weren't a match for the dinosaurs, whose lethality they underestimated in their arrogance.
    Oscar may have taken down a raptor one on one but he was no match for the pack.
    It's doubtful the mercenaries had any experience with the dinosaurs as secrecy was a big deal for INgen and the island already had its own internal security force (i.e. Muldoon). The mercenaries were likely briefed on what they would encounter but like all the characters in the Jurassic Park universe were not totally prepared for how deadly the dinosaurs truly are when you strip away all the human comforts of technology.
  • edited January 2012
    I agree that the mercs were probably aware that there were dinosaurs on the island ahead of time, but how exactly do you train someone for that? Especially because I doubt they would have been informed of this prior to the power shutting down and actually getting the mission to go in. As was said above, the Park had it's own security force. I would assume that they knew at best a few hours before we see them in the game that they're going to the island in the first place, let alone what's on it. And it's not like the average mercenary force is going to happen to have weapons laying around capable of easily putting down a T-Rex.

Totally agree about the jumping into the water thing though. It was such an obvious thing to do.
  • edited January 2012
    Another flaw with this game ;)
  • edited January 2012
    Oh my god oh god I can't breathe.

Oscar died for a reason, sacrificed himself. Billy died because he moved, he was greedy and wanted money. He thought if he got the can he would be safe, but his stupidity overwhelmed him. The T-Rex ate him.

Remaking one scene cause someone is angry about the character ending is not gonna force them to do it.
  • edited January 2012
    It's not just that. Jess survived over a whole group of mecenarys and she doesn't know anything about dinosaurs. and telltales didn't need to just kill of all of the mercenarys. and how could you survive swimming with a mosasaur. i would rather swim with jaws. and how could nima survive from falling of a cliff. in reality, she would be dead from breaking her neck. so there.
  • edited January 2012
    It's not just that. Jess survived over a whole group of mecenarys and she doesn't know anything about dinosaurs. and telltales didn't need to just kill of all of the mercenarys. and how could you survive swimming with a mosasaur. i would rather swim with jaws. and how could nima survive from falling of a cliff. in reality, she would be dead from breaking her neck. so there.

It's not reality, it's fiction. It is planned, thought out, and follows a set of artistic formulas. Billy dies because he's the bad guy and if he didn't get his comeuppance the audience would feel cheated. Jess survives because she is a child and children always survive in the Jurassic Park universe.

The game makers aren't going for true realism, they are trying be consistent with the formulas that have been constructed by the Jurassic Park films and to capture their spirit for the story of the game.

(Also, someone should really put spoilers in the title of this thread :/)
  • edited January 2012
    Spolier mention added. Thanks for the notice.
  • edited January 2012
    Spolier mention added. Thanks for the notice.

Also, big thank you for fixing the spelling of the title. It was slowly murdering me ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.