Europe are not getting JP the game on XBOX

edited February 2012 in Jurassic Park
It looks like Europe won't get a retail version of Jurassic park the game

Kalypso Media, the publisher of Telltale's Jurassic Park: The Game, has said the Xbox 360 version will no longer be released at retail

link

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Hmm, maybe another indicator that this game really havent sold well.
  • edited January 2012
    Consider yourselves lucky!
  • edited January 2012
    That's a shame :(
  • edited January 2012
    I wonder why this is. Is it a fact? Anyone from telltale care to elaborate by any chance?
  • edited January 2012
    Consider yourselves lucky!

This!
    Waste of money.
  • edited January 2012
    Came here just to say i'm extremely p***ed off about this. Why did they spend all this time getting a publisher for the UK if they're only releasing it for PC? We can already get it off bloody Steam!!

I'm a massive JP fan and was so happy when I heard it was getting published over here, WTF are they thinking?

Nobody cares, but I'm not buying any more Telltale items because of this.

And yeah, "I mad". Leave it out.
  • edited January 2012
    AstarothJP wrote: »
    Came here just to say i'm extremely p***ed off about this. Why did they spend all this time getting a publisher for the UK if they're only releasing it for PC? We can already get it off bloody Steam!!

I'm a massive JP fan and was so happy when I heard it was getting published over here, WTF are they thinking?

Nobody cares, but I'm not buying any more Telltale items because of this.

And yeah, "I mad". Leave it out.

The game was a huge failure, they'd lose money if they didn't cancel it. Trust me this game is horrible, you'd regret getting it anyway.
  • edited January 2012
    The game was a huge failure, they'd lose money if they didn't cancel it. Trust me this game is horrible, you'd regret getting it anyway.

I've read the reviews and seen the previews, I knew what I was getting myself into. In my opinion the game looked great and I was very looking forward to it.

Also, as I said before, I'm a massive JP fan. They could have packaged up actual s*** and slapped a JP logo on it and I probably would have bought it..... as long as it was actually effing released here.
  • edited January 2012
    I'd recommend trying it out for yourself before reaching an opinion of this game, as despite many people strongly disliking it, I've seen many people that really like it as well... and that would include myself.
    I found it a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
  • edited January 2012
    AstarothJP wrote: »
    Also, as I said before, I'm a massive JP fan. They could have packaged up actual s*** and slapped a JP logo on it and I probably would have bought it..... as long as it was actually effing released here.

...They did do that. There's no gameplay to it. If you want the experiance of playing it, watch a playthrough on YouTube while mashing random buttons on your Xbox controller. I'm not joking that's all the gameplay there is.
  • edited January 2012
    You know what guys, please just stop! This game was great if you arent going to say something good to Tell Tale then dont say anythinng at all. it was a great game, the end, it was an unfortunate decision for not releasing in Europe ok, now carry on with your daily lives, Thank You.
  • edited January 2012
    You know what guys, please just stop! This game was great if you arent going to say something good to Tell Tale then dont say anythinng at all. it was a great game, the end, it was an unfortunate decision for not releasing in Europe ok, now carry on with your daily lives, Thank You.

Yeah, how dare we have different opinions and express them? It's almost like the first amendment or something. This game was horrible.
  • edited July 2014
    That's a shame. Think I'll get the PC version soon then.
  • edited January 2012
    PeteRoyale wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can play the NTSC version on a PAL Xbox?

You can't.
  • edited January 2012

That's a terrible, regressive mindset. If people don't criticize how do you expect Telltale to improve? Criticism should be welcome for any game.
  • edited January 2012
    ...They did do that. There's no gameplay to it. If you want the experiance of playing it, watch a playthrough on YouTube while mashing random buttons on your Xbox controller. I'm not joking that's all the gameplay there is.

Sadly, this is true. This game is just a huge pile of trash anyway.
    And I say that because I want to see good Telltale games in the future again, not because I want to troll Telltale.
  • edited January 2012
    Alex IDV wrote: »
    You can't.

Have you tried that? I have imported several NTSC 360 games for my PAL console that work. There isn't necessarily a regional lock...
  • edited February 2012

Go read some reviews this game is not great.
  • edited February 2012
    I know this isnt a great trophy of a game but c'mon they had a good storyline and well made dinosaurs, I'm sorry but i mean Instead of just saying "Its a waste of money blah blah" give it some constructive criticism, and explain what should be fixed from it instead of just rude remarks with not any reasons to back it up. I mean c'mon guys don't be so mean, TellTale really tried for this game. :-/
  • edited February 2012
    I know this isnt a great trophy of a game but c'mon they had a good storyline and well made dinosaurs, I'm sorry but i mean Instead of just saying "Its a waste of money blah blah" give it some constructive criticism, and explain what should be fixed from it instead of just rude remarks with not any reasons to back it up. I mean c'mon guys don't be so mean, TellTale really tried for this game. :-/

Constructive criticism: this is not a game.
  • edited February 2012
    Am I right in assuming you don't really have a problem with the product itself, your problem is really being annoyed as you think it was mislabeled as something you don't think it is?

In any case, game or not, it's a great ride, very fun experience! :)
  • edited February 2012
    Agreed with Armakuni. It was loads of fun and really got you to use your mind. I loved it!
  • edited February 2012

That seems a bit daft. If people don't criticise (although I would say that TT have seen a fair bit of criticism for JP already) then how are developers supposed to know what does and doesn't work well in their games?

I haven't played JP yet, the previews did very little for me even though I love the films and the prospect of a new story. I wouldn't pay £20 to watch a film so I'm not going to pay £20 to watch a film pretending to be a game. However, if it turns up in a Steam, PSN or TT sale at about £7 or so I'll give it a shot.
  • edited February 2012
    I think the thing he was getting at is there is little point in the same people posting how bad they think it is over and over again.
  • edited February 2012
    Can it not just go onto Xbox live games on demand instead? Seems more than do able really. TT?
  • edited February 2012
    Armakuni wrote: »
    i think the thing he was getting at is there is little point in the same people posting how bad they think it is over and over again.

thank you.....
  • edited February 2012
    Armakuni wrote: »
    Am I right in assuming you don't really have a problem with the product itself, your problem is really being annoyed as you think it was mislabeled as something you don't think it is?

In any case, game or not, it's a great ride, very fun experience! :)

That was my problem with Back to the Future, but with this it's more personal. I can't stand the fact that this is what my once favorite video game company has become. I long for the days of Monkey Island, SBCG4AP, Sam and Max, or even Back to the Future at this point. At least, you can call Back to the Future a game!
  • edited February 2012

On PS3 the framerate issue's are shocking.
    And it doesn't matter how hard TellTale tried when making the game, i paid for it. I expect better.
  • edited February 2012
    Wow, thanks for all the pointless waiting Telltale....

I was reaaaaaaally looking forward to this! I'm one of those who'd buy a turd with the JP logo on it! Finally something that follows the plot of the movie!!! Doesn't matter if it doesn't play "like a game", that's not what I'm looking for, I just want an awesome experience with dinos!!!

Besides everyone has it's own concept of "what a game should be". People don't like all the same things, you know? Believe me, no matter what you hatters say, we, the fans, still want to play it and we'll still probably LOVE IT!

I admire Telltale for their courage to take chances! I liked the first two Sam & Max gameplay better than the third, and that doesn't make me hate the game! I love them all! So what if Telltale is changing the mechanics? They're making a Jurassic Park game! That's all that matters!
    Gameplay isn't what I like in a game, it's the feeling I get from it, it's the story that pulls me to it!

That's what I like in your games, Telltale. You're willing to take risks just to deliver a fun and absorbing experience. What I DON'T like, however, is that you really disappointed all European Xbox players! :(
    So much delaying for nothing, so much waiting in vain... Oh well, I'll just have to buy the PS3 version instead.

It would be nice if you released the game on Xbox Live Games on Demand though... Btw what about all those Avatar items? Are they still staying? I sure hope so!
  • edited February 2012
    Constructive criticism: this is not a game.
    A lot of people hate to death the gameplay of Civilization games , while others can play all day . The conclusion is that some people may have completely different opinions on exactly the same games . Therefore , being on side does not mean you are the only one to be right . Personally I liked that game very much ; but that's it . I may describe my opinion and review but I don't go further trying to persuade others to buy just because I liked it . The same must be applied by the opposite side ; if you hated the game that is OK because as I said THERE ARE such games , but that doesn't mean you have to convince others to avoid it while at the same time there are people out there who really liked it .
  • edited February 2012
    So what?
  • edited February 2012
    So this :
    Details
    Pita euro !
Sign in to comment in this discussion.