Could there ever be a 3rd Jurassic Park book ?

edited February 2012 in Jurassic Park
What do you thing ? Could there ever be a 3rd Jurassic Park book ? Personally I believe that in order for such a story to be written there had to , first , a long period of time come by , until the need would grow strong . However , until that time , Crichton would've retired , thus the whole idea would be impossible . Besides , visiting again those islands might not prove so exciting again .
Unless the story took on another path . For example InGen - or whoever had the data and technology - could try clone dinosaurs on the mainland , or going even further and genetically create creatures that ... well get out of control or something . Or maybe not !
Anyway , what do you thing ? If Crichton was alive , would he write another book ?

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Not at all, without Michael's approval it has to be a fanwork. And JP still has copyright for a ton more years.

If he was alive, I heard he was making a third book, but don't quote me on that.
  • edited February 2012
    Contrary to popular belief, it is VERY common - in fact, quite normal - for the literary estates of dead authors to hire other writers to continue the series. On that basis, and seeing as how the Crichton estate has already got people to finish off incomplete Crichton novels, I'd say it was fairly likely that they would consider revisiting "Jurassic Park" at some stage.
  • edited February 2012
    I think there are plenty of professional authors out there that could do the series justice.. Crichton was on of my favorite authors but there are some out there just as good and some better.
  • edited February 2012
    Contrary to popular belief, it is VERY common - in fact, quite normal - for the literary estates of dead authors to hire other writers to continue the series. On that basis, and seeing as how the Crichton estate has already got people to finish off incomplete Crichton novels, I'd say it was fairly likely that they would consider revisiting "Jurassic Park" at some stage.

I hope they dont... All I can say is that Malcolm was right when he said they would "be so preoccupied with whether or not they could they never stop to think if they should." Crichton's Jurassic Park and The Lost World are both masterpieces that should never be tampered with and left to be where they are. Joe Johnson has already done a good enough job messing up what Crichton and Spielberg created anyway, the JP franchise couldnt take much more than that.
  • edited February 2012
    It's not unheard of for a book series to get a new "official" installment after the author's death. But yeah, it wouldn't be the same without Crichton.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.