What happend to EU Xbox360 version?

r3dr3d
edited February 2012 in Jurassic Park
Hey,

just got a mail from amazon, telling me that the 360 version of JP:TG isn't available and that my order had to be canceled.

Now I just checked my known retailers and there is only the PC version coming out on Feb 23th.

What happened to the 360 version?

I know some1's gonna tell me: "Check Kalypso!" I DID. But Kalypso's page wasn't updated for 4 months now... so... this isn't worth anything.

Does any1 know anything? :)

greetz
r3d

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Kalypso canceled the release. They didnt say why I think, but probably cause the game didnt sold well so far.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Sadonicus is right.
    More info (but not that much more) here.
  • r3dr3d
    edited February 2012
    Oh ok...
    Thanks for posting this!

Well... when there's no retail, will there be a version on XBL in the EU at least?

r3d
  • edited February 2012
    Yeah, I'd love to know what happened!

I know the probable cause but they should at least justify themselves officially... Kalypso doesn't even answer their e-mails, how much for updating their website, at least give us some answers!

A XBL would solve the problem and no retailers are needed :/
  • edited February 2012
    The reasons why the game didn't sell very good is because they really didn't advertise the product that much. Otherwise they probably wouldn't have canceled your order! Heck! Half of my school has never even heard of it! I had too bring in my game to show proof there was a Jurassic Park game! I don't think they even advertised it on TV! I mean if you wan't to sell something you got too advertise it more!!! That is probably the reason why they canceled the order!
  • edited February 2012
    When comes the game on xBoxLive for Germany?
  • r3dr3d
    edited February 2012
    I'm asking me:

Will it be on XBL at all!?

Could anyone from Telltale help us, PLEASE? :)
  • edited February 2012
    The reasons why the game didn't sell very good is because they really didn't advertise the product that much. Otherwise they probably wouldn't have canceled your order! Heck! Half of my school has never even heard of it! I had too bring in my game to show proof there was a Jurassic Park game! I don't think they even advertised it on TV! I mean if you wan't to sell something you got too advertise it more!!! That is probably the reason why they canceled the order!

Telltale's a small company. They can't really afford a lot of advertising. TV spots are incredibly expensive.

The lack of marketing's far from the only factor in why the game sold poorly, though. Telltale did happen to release the game during the biggest month for game releases of the year. It had to compete with Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Skyward Sword, Uncharted 3, Saint's Row: The Third, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and Sonic Generations, to name a few.

And while this is more specific to the 360 version, Telltale's audience is mostly with the PC crowd (although at this point maybe they have a larger iOS following, not sure), so most of the people who bought this game decided to do it with the PC version.

Oh, and also the game wasn't very good.
  • r3dr3d
    edited February 2012
    11 pm CET, nothing on XBL Marketplace... guess that were 4 months of pointless waiting.
    Steam had it mid Nov, even in Europe, and now I'll have to buy it there anyway... SAD!

I'm quite... hmm... annoyed.
    Not a SINGLE WORD from Telltale.
    Kalypso constantly blocking my mails or sending out standard answers ("PC will be released on Feb 23th, Xbox version cancelled" Oh realy!???).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.