What dino is this (in JPIII)

edited April 2012 in Jurassic Park
In Jurassic Park III they are riding the boat down the river. Then they hear the satellite telephone ringing and it is hidden in a big pile of excrements of the Spinosaurs.

Somebody digs out the phone and then this dinosaur appears, he looks at the people, smells the excrements of the Spino and moves away.

This dino has a small horn on his nose.

Does anybody know what kind of dinosaur this is?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    In Jurassic Park III they are riding the boat down the river. Then they hear the satellite telephone ringing and it is hidden in a big pile of excrements of the Spinosaurs.

Somebody digs out the phone and then this dinosaur appears, he looks at the people, smells the excrements of the Spino and moves away.

This dino has a small horn on his nose.

Does anybody know what kind of dinosaur this is?

Its called a Ceratosaurus (horned lizard). Late Jurassic, about 20-37 feet long and 13 feet tall.
  • edited March 2012
    Its called a Ceratosaurus (horned lizard). Late Jurassic, about 20-37 feet long and 13 feet tall.

Thank you for the info.

How does he fit into the Jurassic Park universe? Was it on Ingens list?

Is this the only scene where this dinosaur ever appears or gets mentioned in the JP universe?
  • edited March 2012
    Thank you for the info.

How does he fit into the Jurassic Park universe? Was it on Ingens list?

Is this the only scene where this dinosaur ever appears or gets mentioned in the JP universe?

For your second question, yes. Ceratosaurus only ever appears in that one scene in the entire movie trilogy. I never read the corresponding novel, so I don't know about that portion of the universe.
  • edited March 2012
    The Ceratosaurus wasn't in any of the novels. But I can't help but think that they tried making it look like Carnotaurus which was in the second novel and had a really cool chameleon camouflage thing going on with it.
  • edited March 2012
    The Ceratosaurus wasn't in any of the novels. But I can't help but think that they tried making it look like Carnotaurus which was in the second novel and had a really cool chameleon camouflage thing going on with it.

If you look at a park map i do believe ceratasaurus was there under seigasaurs on InGen's Park list
  • edited April 2012
    That's Proceratosaurus that's on the map.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.