Why the bad language?

edited August 2012 in Jurassic Park
JP just became free for iPad, I want to try it, but some of the reviews say there's bad language. I don't remember a single cuss word in JP1, so what's the deal?
Can there be an update for an option to remove the language?

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2012
    There is bad language in the first Jurassic Park movie (like the Back to the Future series it's mostly hell and damn, but there's a rare usage of shit). Either you've only ever seen a television broadcast of Jurassic Park where it's edited for language, or you don't remember them because they are used sparingly in the film. If it's the latter for you, you won't notice them in the game either because they are used just as sparingly.
  • edited July 2012
    Thanks for your reply Jennifer.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for your reply Jennifer.
    You're welcome. :)
  • edited July 2012
    dont worry the language isnt bad on the game
  • edited July 2012
    Nima does some cursing, but it's mainly in Spanish. Doesn't know if that counts.
  • edited July 2012
    Mostly First version of any thing are much better then future version specially expect of Movies in history.
  • edited July 2012
    Mermaid wrote: »
    Nima does some cursing, but it's mainly in Spanish. Doesn't know if that counts.

No, Nima doesn't throw any swearing in spanish, I promise. The word "Puñeta", for example, it's like saying "Rats" or "Damn", as much. Don't know the reason you said that.:confused:
  • edited July 2012
    "Hijo de perro"? "Bastardo"?

Im pretty sure I've heard those a couple of times.
  • edited July 2012
    Mermaid wrote: »
    "Hijo de perro"? "Bastardo"?

Im pretty sure I've heard those a couple of times.

Oops, I didn't remember those, sorry. You are right.

Do you remember in which part Nima tell this?
  • edited July 2012
    I think she calls Billy a Bastardo in Ch.3, but my memory is imperfect in such matters.
  • edited August 2012
    I speak Spanish and I can tell you that those are curse words "hijo de perra" means son of a b*ch "bastardo" means bastard and "puneta" means f*ck
  • edited August 2012
    I'm guessing there's swearing in the game to make the acting a bit more realistic.
    I'm pretty sure if someone encounters a live, angry dinosaur, they're not saying: "Ah, shoot, there's a darn dinosaur in my way!"
    Especially not those mercenary types...
  • edited August 2012
    "Well golly! We're being chased by an angry 20 foot tall carnivore!"

This is fun!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2012
    Well colour me mauve and call me Clancy! If that ain't just the biggest darn tootin' t-rex I ever saw!
  • edited August 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Well colour me mauve and call me Clancy! If that ain't just the biggest darn tootin' t-rex I ever saw!

... and now there's coffee all over my screen.
    It was totally worth it; laughing out loud while my colleagues think I've gone insane.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.