Anyone else a fan of The 7th Guest?

edited March 2005 in General Chat
When I first read about the game in development in a 1992 PC mag, I knew I had to have it. Finally when it came out when I was in Grade 8, I shelled out $80 CDN to purchase it in a store in a foreign city. Even though I couldn't play the game because my PC wasn't with me, I read each and every word from all the documentation and watched the VHS tape at least 3 times.

Finally when I got home to play it, I was pleasantly surprised. The music just sucked me in, and I saw past the cheesy acting and obscure interface. Even today, I listen to the soundtrack on my MP3 player, and play the game every once in a while on using DosBox. The music is probably the best produced for a video game, and the 7th Guest has to be one of my all-time favourites.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Comments

• edited February 2005
    I waas too young and it was too hard... 11th hour looked pretty cool too i remember.
  • edited February 2005
    While I've never played it my friend has it and can seriously ramble at you for HOURS about it and why it is so great. He's promised to lend it to me some day but never seems to get round to it.
  • edited February 2005
    yeah i remember my brother got this when it 1st came out..i had fun playin it..but it was scary as hell atleast for a 12 year old :D
  • edited February 2005
    I had that game at one point. Not bad, but I was young and I couldnt deal with some of those puzzles. They just made no sense to me. But I think I learned how to play the theme song on the piano.
  • edited February 2005
    yeah the puzzles were pretty hard!
  • edited February 2005
    I had both. really liked 7th guest. 11th hour... the acting was pretty bad but the puzzles were still cool
  • edited February 2005
    I waas too young and it was too hard... 11th hour looked pretty cool too i remember.

Wouldn't it be funny if YOU were too hard, and IT was too young?
  • edited March 2005
    I made sure not to make that mistake when i was typing it out... but funny enought that i thought about it... hehe
  • edited March 2005
    I loved that game. Although I hate to admit that I used the book downstairs to solve most of the puzzles.

I still have the soundtrack CD it makes great background music for a Halloween party. And you gotta love that theme song.
  • edited March 2005
    Umm, could someone tell me what this game is about?
  • edited March 2005
    Check this out: http://www.adventurecollective.com/reviews/7thguest.htm

Pretty cool game - never really got into it.
  • edited March 2005
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.