Jurassic Park Questions.

edited April 2013 in Jurassic Park
This was a question I've been wondering for a long time. When they made Jurassic Park, how did they know what T-Rex sounded like? Also in Jurassic Park 3, how did they figure out that the Spinosaurus had a sail on its back?

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Sounds are just best guesses. They can estimate based on nasal passages and modern equivalents. Spinosaurs' sails are the most popular theory for the purpose of the bone structure that appears on their backs.
  • edited December 2012
    cody3856 wrote: »
    This was a question I've been wondering for a long time. When they made Jurassic Park, how did they know what T-Rex sounded like? Also in Jurassic Park 3, how did they figure out that the Spinosaurus had a sail on its back?

As for the sound of the t-rex, and all the other dinosaurs too, it is a complete guess. Basically they just created a sound that they thought sounded good for the movie. For the t-rex, they actually combined the sounds of a bull elephant, a grizzly bear, and a lion.

The spinosaurus' sail though, is based on fossil evidence. No complete spinosaurus skeletons have been found, but as was already mentioned, the sail is the best theory as to my the vertebrae were so tall. Check out the wikipedia page for spinosaurus for more info on that.
  • edited April 2013
    The remains of spinosaurus were discovered by ernst stromer in the 1900's The sail itself was part of the first remains. Of course the sail and other parts we're destroyed when the natural history museum in munich was bombed In the second world war. The photographs of the spine are what is used at the moment. but another species of spinosaurus was supposedly found in morroco (other than S.Agypticus) so there is a possibility that another sail could be found, an articulated skeleton would be amazing though
  • edited June 2013
    yes I am pretty sure it's been a complete guessing game.

Usually the bigger the noisier hence they went for all the roaring here and there in the movies.

Also because a T-Rex meowing wouldn't be very impressive :)
  • edited June 2013
    chaos6 wrote: »
    Also because a T-Rex meowing wouldn't be very impressive :)

Good One!:D Yeah I think that they just guessed on what the sounds sounded like. Unless they went into their time machine and saw an actual T-rex, then made it into a movie as proof!:)
  • T-rex noises were actually made from stretching and slowing down the noises of a baby elephant Velociraptors had their noises from hissing geese and tortoises having sex. The spino fin is a huge debate because the bones of the fin are similar to the vertebrate of bison so it is believed that the sail might have actually been a huge meaty hump... hope it helped :D

• Sorry, but it looks like you don’t own the full version of Jurassic Park, why......?

• i'm wondering if their going to remake jurassic park operation genesis

• Why is jurassic park game is not available on iPhones why.

T163 posted: »

Sounds are just best guesses. They can estimate based on nasal passages and modern equivalents. Spinosaurs' sails are the most popular theory for the purpose of the bone structure that appears on their backs.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.