Non-skipable dialogs

I love the dialogs as much as the next, but sometimes i get locked in a lengthy 1 on 1 at the end of a round, and it's quite annoying to listen to the same lines over and over and over etc etc, i wish i could skip those, some of the gloating also is a bit too lengthy and interrupts my flow, but that wouldn't be a problem if i could skip it. :3

Comments

• edited April 2013
    GLaDOS: "You made a smart choice that won't come back and bite you on your ample posterior. What's that? You've heard this 37 times already, and you're pressing the right mouse button to try and skip this? Didn't I tell you? You can't manual override me. Oh, dear. I DIDN'T tell you."

That's how I feel every time I hear that first line. lol
  • edited April 2013
    Haha, yeah. GLaDOS is great but man, I've heard all those lines already. She may command fear and respect, but man, my right mouse button shouldn't have to sit and take it.
  • edited April 2013
    GLaDOS: "Your right mouse button is like an eagle... piloting a blimp."
  • edited April 2013
    Ooh, let me try!

GLaDOS: "Thank you for continued participation in the Unskippable Dialogue experiment. In recognition of your devotion as a faithful test subject, I will speak at a slightly more measured pace than I would normally say it. It is a high honor. I am almost envious to be in your position, except not really."
  • edited April 2013
    ... If she actually said that I'd freak. lol Freeze in my chair and stare blankly. That was good!
  • edited April 2013
    tumblr_mcz617rSy01r38j04o1_500.gif
  • edited April 2013
    See? Even Charles Foster Kane is impressed.
  • edited April 2013
    See? Even Charles Foster Kane is impressed.

"No he is not, he hates you. Also you're fat." - GLaDOS

Go to full Sam and Max theme and there is chance that suddenly many of the other characters begin to sing the song to Sam.
  • edited April 2013
    NOW WHO'S THE FATASS?! *grabs the potato and slams it repeatedly at the monitor* WOULD A FATASS. DO. THIS?!

Oops, wrong AI.
  • edited April 2013
    What's really bad is that about half the time that I want to skip the dialog is when it's my turn to play. Shut up and let me check/bet/fold!

And then GLaDOS decides to comment on my cards. Also preventing the game from moving on.

And what's strange is you can skip the intro to the game, but not the outro.
  • edited April 2013
    For some reason, you actually CAN skip the dialogue, but only in the intro.

Not sure why Telltale didn't just make every line skippable though.
  • edited April 2013
    18 dubstep jokes in hour is so funny, that i can stuck pencils in my ears, choke myself with kinder-surprise figurines and hang myself with LAN cables
  • edited April 2013
    agof wrote: »
    18 dubstep jokes in hour is so funny, that i can stuck pencils in my ears, choke myself with kinder-surprise figurines and hang myself with lan cables

i could kiss you
  • edited April 2013
    18 dubstep jokes in hour is so funny, that i can stuck pencils in my ears, choke myself with kinder-surprise figurines and hang myself with LAN cables

This. And also:

"B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B"

etc. :mad:
  • edited April 2013

This. His first post had to be the undisputed, gospel truth, and here it is. I couldn't have said it better myself!
  • edited April 2013
    Omegabegin wrote: »
    This. And also:

"B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B"

Especially when it's his turn.
  • edited April 2013
    So... has there been any word on whether the dialog skipping feature will get added back in? I know Telltale doesn't usually do major updates, but I really feel like I'd want to play this more if I didn't have to listen to the same character insults every other time I make a move (or maybe if the characters actually taunted each other in addition to me. It gets obnoxious when three of them fold or check and then mock me for doing the same. Hypocrites). I didn't realize how much I appreciated the ability to do this in the first Poker Night until it was removed.
  • edited May 2013
    Omegabegin wrote: »
    This. And also:

"......."

"....and now I'm learning arousal!"

argghguhghcgf.
    Just lose your chips and leave the table, already.
  • Just turn the voices sound off. That works.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.