I Miss Strong Bad

Out of all the characters from both Poker Night games, Strong Bad was easily my favorite, hoping he returns in Poker Night 3, or maybe even Poker Night 2 DLC, I can already imaging his Laptop being his Bounty, and unlocking his mask as a skin for Zero in Borderlands 2.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    His presence is missed anywhere, especially when I'm in a grocery store line. But aren't the Brothers Chaps doing different things now?
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    I'd rather he stayed in his internet series, he's actually funny there. He's an annoying twit in the game.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    I'd rather he stayed in his internet series, he's actually funny there. He's an annoying twit in the game.

FREEEEE CARRRRD!!! *flails boxing gloves*
  • edited April 2013
    FREEEEE CARRRRD!!! *flails boxing gloves*

The worst part is, I still get that exact image in my head sometimes when I check :(
  • edited April 2013
    He sure was memorable, but he was my least favorite of the bunch.
  • edited April 2013
    I'd rather take 3 Strong Bads than Brock, Ash & Skankcrap.
  • edited April 2013
    What's your issue with Ash and Clappy? I can see why someone wouldn't like Brock, but Ash is legend to my generation and Clap is just hilariously cartoonish.
  • edited April 2013
    I can't get annoyed by Claptrap because he's supposed to be annoying. If he was annoying and expected to be beloved, then that's a stickier wicket.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    People not liking Brock Samson, but liking Claptrap and the boring non-Bruce Ash?

What is this dimension I have fallen into, please, how do I get back home.
  • edited April 2013
    Claptrap is hilarious and you all trippin'.
    I think I like the guys better in this game, they're nicer overall.
  • edited April 2013
    Not being familiar with the source material at ALL for Brock, Claptrap, or Ash, I kinda like all three as they are presented in Poker Night. They each amuse me in different ways.

At the same time I do kinda miss Strong Bad. He was the draw to the first game for me, since when I first played it I was completely unfamiliar with the other three characters.
  • edited April 2013
    Ash is pure rock n' roll, he's so badass Duke Nukem stole his one-liners from him. Oh wait - Duke Nukem is also a 90's thing. Damn, the kids these days don't have anything.

Now go watch the trailer. :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6yzRt2Y_10
  • edited April 2013
    I absolutely do not miss Strongbad. In fact, I like this cast more than the last game's. Brock and the Venture Bros. is freakin' amazing, Ash is a cheesy macho badass, I love Sam & Max, and Claptrap... is bearable, and better than Strongbad.
  • edited April 2013
    I'm gonna come out and say it. I never really cared for Poker Tycho. He was my nemesis in the first game. No joke, 80% of all mano-y-mano showdowns were him and me. So, yes. He's the bane of my Inventory existence.

"Checking is LAME. Unless your Czech. Which would be pretty interesting. Yeah, I'll check."
    "See, I know actually how to PLAY this game."

Dick. lol
  • edited April 2013
    Seconded.

No Tycho, I will NOT just give you my money. It's not fine.
  • edited April 2013
    I liked the cast from the first one. But they are jerks.

tumblr_m865uxEW431ry0teio1_r1_500.jpg
  • edited April 2013
    I miss Strongbad too. Moreso in the cartoons, but I thought he was fine in the first game. Thought he was pretty funny there too.

However, I can wait out the return of Homestar Runner however long the Brothers Chaps need to come back. I understand Matt got married, had kids, and became a writer on Yo Gabba Gabba, The Aquabats! Supershow, and Gravity Falls. His busyness is justified. And he did say on Twitter that nobody would willingly give up on HSR.
  • I actually feel like punching Tycho in the mouth for all his sexual chats and swearing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.