Do you think you'll go for the 1,000,000 achievement?

Also known as the 1% achievement. I don't think I will. I'm not that good. Eh, 17 out of 18 achievements is good enough for me. :P

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Already did, took me 30 wins to do it and got what I assume to be the unflattering rank of Luckimus Maximus, Gambling Gladiator or some such.

It was glorious to finally pull it off.
  • edited May 2013
    I will forever remain in the 99% lol. I do know one of my friends got all the achievements, dunno how many tournies he did to do it though. I dunno if I'll ever get the 1 mil achievement, but if it happens sweet. If not then no big deal.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I got the 1 million achievement too. I think all that time playing Poker Night at the Inventory plus replaying Telltale Texas Hold'em a bunch of times for my blog really helped. :p
  • edited May 2013
    Got the achievement and I STILL don't hear the dialogue bit about the adventures
  • edited May 2013
    It really doesn't take that long. Heck, you can unlock everything in this game in fewer tournaments than it takes to unlock everything in the first game. I unlocked everything and got all the achievements in about... fifteen tournament wins?

Of course that was with very few losses...
  • edited May 2013
    I have so much money in Poker Night 1, yet getting money in this game was way harder
  • edited May 2013
    Well, bully for you winners. :D I'll keep playing, but despite having everything but the last achievement I'm just not quite there yet.
  • edited May 2013
    Well I am 1/2 a million down so...
  • edited May 2013
    Not likely, after the first night of playing (multiple blunders on the head of my boyfriend, of course) I was already down a couple hundred thousand, at the moment I think I'm at about -350k. All I've got left to unlock's the whole Portal set so I'm not sure how much I'll keep playing after that.
  • edited May 2013
    Let me offer some encouragement:

One million divided by 80k (a single win's profit) is 12.5.
    It takes 4 losses to remove the profits from a win.

Even if you're having trouble and winning, let's say, only once per 3 tournaments, that means it'd take 25 tournaments.

Assuming each tourney is 15 minutes (which is an overstatement, considering the losses would cut the game short, but then again, some games really drag), that means it'd take 6 hours and 15 minutes starting from $0, which you can always do by resetting your save file.

Of course, within 25 tournaments' time, your skill is bound to improve a huge amount. So you'd likely wind up playing much less before hitting that milestone.
    Six hours sounds a lot, but if you like this game beyond unlocking stuff, you're bound to play that much eventually. It's one of those "matter of time" achievements.

edit: Oorrr maybe not. I've recorded a few games and turns out I really underestimated their length. One was 17 minutes, another was 20, and yet another was a whopping 32. To be fair, I think we made some kind of record with that last one - Sam and I seem to have hit a blind limit at 1,600 and 3,200.
  • edited May 2013
    Only problem is it seems every single game I am getting worse...
  • edited May 2013
    I only wish I could play the game long enough to go for this achievement... don't want to risk another console lockup, to be honest. This game isn't nearly good enough for me to risk that happening for the fourth or fifth time.
  • edited May 2013
    Unless I win about 10 games in a row I doubt I will even break even...
  • edited May 2013
    It didn't take that long. I got it in 21 games.
  • edited May 2013
    It's not that bad if you play a judicious game of Omaha.
  • edited May 2013
    If the achievement was to get lose 1 million I would be getting close...
  • Me too. Nearly a million in the red. I win the odd tourney but most of the time I lose big. I think the trick is to not bet small but big.

Hudomonkey posted: »

If the achievement was to get lose 1 million I would be getting close...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.