Hold on to your Butts! Jurassic Park 4 is on the Way!

edited May 2013 in Jurassic Park
Just announced! JURASSIC PARK 4 is coming to theaters on June 13, 2014!
Source

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Thats So Awesome!!!!

Can't wait, was hoping they would make a forth movie!

It's being produced by Stephen Spilberg So You know it's Good!

Thanks for posting this!!!
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Interesting, I've heard rumors of a remake of the first, but I'm glad they decided to go the sequel route instead of a remake.

The CGI might be outdated now, but the dinosaurs in the first Jurassic Park still don't look that bad, and the story is actually a pretty decent adaptation of the book.

It'll be interesting to see what they plan to do story-wise. I still have to see Jurassic Park III. I think I'll do so in anticipation of the sequel. :)
  • edited January 2013
    Jennifer wrote: »
    I still have to see Jurassic Park III. I think I'll do so in anticipation of the sequel. :)

Don't get your hopes up too high then :P

I'm half way between stoked out of my mind, and scared out of my mind for this. 16 months is not a lot of time, to say the least. But I believe it can be done. A good movie can be made in that amount of time, but I think it'd have to start pre-production/production ASAP. As in the next month or so. I know a script has been turned in, but as far as we know at this time that is about it.
  • edited January 2013
    _Veritas_ wrote: »
    Don't get your hopes up too high then :P

I'm half way between stoked out of my mind, and scared out of my mind for this. 16 months is not a lot of time, to say the least. But I believe it can be done. A good movie can be made in that amount of time, but I think it'd have to start pre-production/production ASAP. As in the next month or so. I know a script has been turned in, but as far as we know at this time that is about it.
    Yeah, a little more than a year, but I guess they are further in pre-production than we'd think.

I mean, they already had a story, so they could have started sketching and everything. Like Steven Spielberg did in the first Jurassic Park: he started storyboarding scenes before the script came out, because he had the novel and the story.
  • edited January 2013
    Jennifer wrote: »
    The CGI might be outdated now

I don't know what Jurassic Park you've been watching. The CGI in that will never be dated. I still encounter people who think the entire Rex Pen sequence was done animatronically.
  • edited January 2013
    the dinosaurs looked great in the movies!!! Hope this new movie will be even better!
  • edited March 2013
    I found out the News this morning on IGN's movie page and so I thought you all would like to know. (I Still kinda wish Steven would Man up and actually direct himself but I guess one can only dream right.)
    Helmer Colin Trevorrow, who made his mark with the low-budget indie Safety Not Guaranteed, has signed on to direct Jurassic Park IV for Universal and Steven Spielberg.

Spielberg is executive-producing (he, of course, directed the first two films, while Captain America: The First Avenger's Joe Johnston directed Jurassic Park III). Rise of the Planet of the Apes' Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver penned the script for part four.

No word yet on what the film will be about -- aside from dinosaurs, of course. But we do know that it will be shot in 3D and released on June 13, 2014. And in the meantime, the first film is getting a 3D re-release next month.
  • edited May 2013
    lol no its been canned again =[
  • edited May 2013
    What do you mean, they canceled the project?
  • edited June 2013
    I am lost - are they doing it or not?

Anyone knows anything about it?

Hope there are crazy raptors again in the new one haha.
  • edited June 2013
    No the project did not get canned. It's just been delayed again for a later date. I would go to Jurassic Park Legacy, and its fourm, as those have the most up to date info on Jurassic Park 4
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah it's been delayed until 2015!!! Well i'd rather wait than not have it at all.
  • edited July 2013
    I don't like the new story. I like that it's set on Nublar again and that the park is up and running. But tame dinosaurs fighting feral ones just sounds... Too sci-fi, if that's possible.
  • edited July 2013
    Can't wait to see it! I wasn't even born when the first films came out but my father showed it to me and they are awesome! :D
  • edited July 2013
    LOL This movie is NEVER coming out guys, face it, it sucks, but its most likely fact, and even if it does comeout, i hear its going to be about a park like the 1st one, but this time it all goes right....until at some point it goes wrong.
  • edited July 2013
    I just heard about the Story Details of the new film.

I dunno, tamed dinosaurs? The Velociraptors and T-Rex are Icons of fear, I dont want to see them as pets or Guardians, wtf?

The idea of a new dinosaur with unforeseen abilities sounds not so bad, I think seeing a fully operational Park on Isla Nublar isnt that bad of an idea also. But since most modern movies dissappoint me as mindless Action/effects bullshit, I'm not having my hopes up too high though.

Funny to see how similar telltales ideas are to that new film, marine dinosaurs, a new, smart and menacing species. I wonder if anything influences or shows up in the movie since its supposed to be official Canon.

I wonder what the developers at telltale think about the new movies storyline...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.