Walking Dead (2) PS3 - Unable to find save from season 1

edited December 2013 in Game Support

I noticed many of us in Europe are having this problem. Anybody else seeing this on the PS3? I don't want random choices made for me but I so can't wait any longer for this game…. arrrgghhh!!

Comments

• Yup, I have the same issue. I've checked and the save from my Season 1&400 Days playthrough is still in tact and saved on my PS3, but Season 2 claims it's unable to find it.

I really don't want to have to play with randomised choices, especially when my save game is just sitting there.

• Exactly the same problem here. This is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sure they claimed that there would be less glitches in this season than in season 1, yet if they can't have something as pivotal to the game experience as save importing as a functional feature upon launch then I'm not happy. As noknowncure has said: I don't want to have to play with randomised choices when my 3 identical save files are just waiting to be imported.

• edited December 2013

totally agree with you,

Waited the whole day long for this game to come up in the psn store, not being able to Import the choices made in season one makes the whole game pointless to me.

EDIT
    Telltale just release a patch !
    patch installed; seems to work now !

YAY

Exactly the same problem here. This is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sure they claimed that there would be less glitches in this season than in s

• Confirmed, patch installed and it works straight away! Wow - that was nice and quick, I had one of those feelings this would go on for days before it got fixed. Telltale Games rule!

• It's been patched? HELL YES! I also thought that this was a problem that would go on for ages but apparently not. Kudos TellTale!

• Wait where can I find this patch? There isn't one for my game and I really really want to play it already >__<

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

You should be able to restart your system, and then make sure you are connected to the internet before running the game again. Once you run the game you will be prompted to install the update.

Bippitybop posted: »

Wait where can I find this patch? There isn't one for my game and I really really want to play it already >__<

• I'm pretty sure I downloaded the patch but even so it still counts it as version 1.01 :/ Is there any way to try manually redownloading said patch?

You should be able to restart your system, and then make sure you are connected to the internet before running the game again. Once you run the game you will be prompted to install the update.

The latest patch was for Europe and the UK. What country are you in, and are you on PS3 or PC/Mac? The patch was for European users on PC/Mac, so this may not solve your issue.

I'm pretty sure I downloaded the patch but even so it still counts it as version 1.01 Is there any way to try manually redownloading said patch?

• I'm on a PS3 in Australia so if it's for PC/Mac in Europe no wonder it didnt count. Is there a patch coming out for PS3 systems?

The latest patch was for Europe and the UK. What country are you in, and are you on PS3 or PC/Mac? The patch was for European users on PC/Mac, so this may not solve your issue.

If resetting the system did not allow you to update the game, did you possibly play the US version of Season 1? If so, the games are not cross-region compatible.

I'm on a PS3 in Australia so if it's for PC/Mac in Europe no wonder it didnt count. Is there a patch coming out for PS3 systems?

• Damn yeah I ordered the disc from America before it was released in Australia... Ok thanks for helping sorry for the fuss :P

If resetting the system did not allow you to update the game, did you possibly play the US version of Season 1? If so, the games are not cross-region compatible.

Yes, the games regions have to match in order for them to read each other. So if you have a European version of one Season, and an American version of another, the saves/choices will not be read by Season 2. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Damn yeah I ordered the disc from America before it was released in Australia... Ok thanks for helping sorry for the fuss :P

• I have the same problem. I have played both season one and 400 days on my ipad but Season 2 can't find any saves. Don't want to play the game without my saves. Willt here be a patch to fix thos on the ipad too?

Do you still have Season 1 installed? If not, your saves were stored in Episode 1 of Season 1. If you still have Season 1 installed, please make sure your saves are complete playthroughs of each episode, in order for Season 2 to read your saves as completed.

Zorii posted: »

I have the same problem. I have played both season one and 400 days on my ipad but Season 2 can't find any saves. Don't want to play the game without my saves. Willt here be a patch to fix thos on the ipad too?

• I have the same problem... The game on PC does not recognize my Season 1 Save, but it does detect my 400 Days? I really wanted my choices, and Its sad if I cannot? Any solutions?

• I have a PS3 in the USA and I have no save files either. I have played through twice with completely opposite choices on each so I am able to see more than one side of the story..Why can't I use my save files from last season and 400 days

• Does anyone ever get a reply?

IamBullfrog posted: »

I have a PS3 in the USA and I have no save files either. I have played through twice with completely opposite choices on each so I am able to see more than one side of the story..Why can't I use my save files from last season and 400 days

• For PS3 people having issues with finding their save files, I started the first season I checked to make sure my files were there, then from there I went to the system game menu and started the second season, confirming that I wanted to shut down the open game (first season) to start season 2. Then when I pushed play and hit ok when it asks to search for save files my Files which showed up this time. Hope this helps.

• edited December 2013

F.Y.I. it will not offer to search for the save files until you have hit the x in the play menu to start a game. Then it will ask to search for them. Save files will not be shown under the save file menu until they have been searched for and found.

IamBullfrog posted: »

For PS3 people having issues with finding their save files, I started the first season I checked to make sure my files were there, then from t

• Your apologies really solved the problem, I feel better already, thanks.

Season 1 I bought in EU, Season 2 I bought in US. I most certainly will not rebuy and replay the game all over.

Fix it maybe, why should I pay for something that doesn't work? Mass Effect had no issues with regions why here it's such a problem.

Yes, the games regions have to match in order for them to read each other. So if you have a European version of one Season, and an American ve

• did you try loading season 1 then from their jumping right into season 2, forcing the shutdown of season 1. there won't be any new save files but when you start the game after the main menu start new game. then from there it will look for save files from season 1.. which should show now..

Your apologies really solved the problem, I feel better already, thanks. Season 1 I bought in EU, Season 2 I bought in US. I most certainly

• I have the same problem and it's patched up to the latest version. There's a small possibility my S1 was bought through the US PS store but S2 was through the european one. Does that make the game saves not findable by season 2?

edited February 2014

If your saves are from separate regions, they will unfortunately be incompatible with each other. I apologize for the inconvenience.

That1Guy posted: »

I have the same problem and it's patched up to the latest version. There's a small possibility my S1 was bought through the US PS store but S2 was through the european one. Does that make the game saves not findable by season 2?

• edited February 2014

I am having the same trouble. I played season 1 via disc. Now I have downloaded S2E01 from PSN. Its unable to find the S1 game saves. I tried deleting the whole install of S2E1 and redownloaded and reinstalled with the patch but still no go. I have wasted 4 hrs in trying to get this game to recognize my S1 saves.

Are the developers even looking at this. What is the point of such a game. I am never again buying games from this developer.

Can you please clarify if you can see your save games if you start Season 1 back up and look at your save files? If you are able to see them, please make sure to read over this article on how to properly import your saves here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53823/season-2-save-import-faq-please-read

technofunky posted: »

I am having the same trouble. I played season 1 via disc. Now I have downloaded S2E01 from PSN. Its unable to find the S1 game saves. I tried

• I am able to see the S1 game saves. I even tried doing what one of the users here suggested, i.e Start S1 and then jump over to S2. Not sure if the S1 is updated though, anyway to know what is the latest version of S1.

Can you please clarify if you can see your save games if you start Season 1 back up and look at your save files? If you are able to see them,

Can you also clarify if you have purchased both Season One and Season Two from the same region? (For example, if you've purchased Season One on US PSN and Season Two on EU PSN, your saves will be incompatible with each other.)

technofunky posted: »

I am able to see the S1 game saves. I even tried doing what one of the users here suggested, i.e Start S1 and then jump over to S2. Not sure if the S1 is updated though, anyway to know what is the latest version of S1.

• I'm a bit slow to downloading season 2 episode 1 but anyway, I downloaded it, installed the update, but it still says unable to find save file. I completed season 1 - the save files are all there on my ps3. I bought that and played it on disc, then downloaded season 2 ep 1 from the PSN Store. I've tried jumping straight from season 1 to season 2, uninstalled season 2 then reinstalled again with the update but STILL says unable to find save file. everything is up to date. Both were bought from the UK. Someone please help me!

• OK, I've had a closer look at my season 1 disc and it looks like it's the US version (even though I bought it from Amazon UK) So never mind.... Disappointing though that different regions are incompatible.

I'm a bit slow to downloading season 2 episode 1 but anyway, I downloaded it, installed the update, but it still says unable to find save fi

• [removed]

• Hey, did you ever figure out how to get season 1 decisions on your ipad to season 2? I have same problem. To be honest I didn't even see anywhere to save during game so does that mean none where saved at all?

Zorii posted: »

I have the same problem. I have played both season one and 400 days on my ipad but Season 2 can't find any saves. Don't want to play the game without my saves. Willt here be a patch to fix thos on the ipad too?

• I am playing on ipad. Can't figure out why my season two doesn't pick up from my season one game. I see there were saves from season one. To be honest I did see anywhere to save anything from my season one game. Be nice to me, I'm an old gal trying to figure out all the stuff you younger Einstein's find easy so don't get too complicated here

edited March 2014

Here is the Season One Save Import Sticky . Please read over it, as it has suggestions on making sure your app is set up properly to import the saves successfully.

Please make sure that you are including these steps:
    - Closing all apps that are running in the background
    - Making sure both the Season 1, and Season 2 apps are updated to the latest version.
    - Making sure that you can open Season 1 and still see your save game first in there, and then open Season 2 to import.
    - Making sure that you are tapping the 'Play' button to get to the screen where you can import your saves.

Gritsgal posted: »

I am playing on ipad. Can't figure out why my season two doesn't pick up from my season one game. I see there were saves from season one. To

• Having just downloaded episode 2 I decided to restart season 2 as it's been so long, and start from the beginning. And now it won't find my season 1 save file. It's still there have opened season 2 directly from season 1 and still not working. It worked fine for episode 1, but since I've deleted that save file since downloading episode 2 it now won't find it. No other apps open, season 1 save file still there.

Any help?

• Also to add it's the new eu version which came out a few hours ago.

• Having the exact same problem. Quite annoying

Also to add it's the new eu version which came out a few hours ago.

Can you guys please clarify if you moved or deleted the Season 1 Save files that you used to import your Season 1 data originally?

Adammq10 posted: »

Having the exact same problem. Quite annoying

• Just deleted the season 2 episode 1 save file in the game. Actually did this yesterday and it worked fine. But when I downloaded episode 2 today I wanted to play the two in a row so deleted the file after downloading episode 2 today. Since then it hasn't worked.

• Didn't touch or go near the season 1 save file.

This discussion has been closed.