spore stuff

2»

Comments

• edited September 2008
    If you already have the Creature Creator, is there any way to get a discount on the full game, or do you still have to buy it at full price?
  • edited September 2008
    If you already have the Creature Creator, is there any way to get a discount on the full game, or do you still have to buy it at full price?

No way to get a discount unless you purchased online from UK retailer GAME (they are the only people I know of who were offering a discount).
  • edited September 2008

It all depends on the retailer.

Some Best Buy locations were offering $10 off if you PRE-ORDERED it when you bought Creature Creator.

Amazon.com had a $5 off deal, but it wasn't activated properly in time for the release shipping. They gave everyone who qualified for that promotion a coupon code for $5 off FUTURE purchases of Spore. Hint, hint, EA DRM!
  • edited September 2008
    I'm one of those weirdos that usually tries to make stuff at least sorta naturalistic looking, instead of cartoony, and weird, and... weird. Probably my best one:

gerf1.jpg

gerf2.jpg

gerf3.jpg
  • edited September 2008
    Okay, I can tell you are using the Creature Creator, because the way the wings look changed in the final release. Looks beautiful too.

That said, you are not one of the weird ones. I'm currently applying for a community list of people who have "playable" creations because they don't want to deal with chair people or egg-laying humans. :p
  • edited September 2008
    supraface wrote: »
    what exactly is spore?

only like the best game ever(besides SandM and SBCG4AP) where you get to build your own species and cities and planets and stuff.
    p.s. I got the full game. its awesome. here is my guy in creature, tribal, and civ. stage. Their names are the Joobos and they live on planet Jooblio picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=578
    picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=579
    picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=580
    now here are some random ones
    picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=582grubbington
    picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=583valiean
    picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=581buster
  • edited September 2008
    Yeah, that was an old creature creator screenie. Here's what they look like in spaaaaace!

gerfspace.jpg
  • edited September 2008
    Arrkhal wrote: »
    Yeah, that was an old creature creator screenie. Here's what they look like in spaaaaace!

gerfspace.jpg

Thats kick butt dude
  • edited September 2008
    Glad people like my stuff. Here's my other main good one. I tried to make it really weird.

brenneke.jpg

brenneke2.jpg

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Arrkhal
  • edited September 2008
    500106817663_lrg.png

Yeah, it's buildings made to look like sushi, a soy sauce bottle, and a wasabi dollap.

I was hungry, and I've been wanting sushi for quite some time now.
  • edited September 2008
    Where are the Rice Balls?
  • edited September 2008
    Where are the Rice Balls?

It's the round building with the black-framed door for the seaweed wrapper.
  • edited September 2008
    Glad people like my stuff. Here's my other main good one. I tried to make it really weird.

brenneke.jpg

brenneke2.jpg

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Arrkhal

wait how'd you get him to be shiny?
  • edited September 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    It's the round building with the black-framed door for the seaweed wrapper.

To show it's a rice ball, you should use a different angle.
  • edited September 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    500106817663_lrg.png

Yeah, it's buildings made to look like sushi, a soy sauce bottle, and a wasabi dollap.

I was hungry, and I've been wanting sushi for quite some time now.

Dang, that is awesome. It should be featured, if it hasn't been.
  • edited September 2008
    To show it's a rice ball, you should use a different angle.

In hindsight, I should have. The negative space between the rice ball and the far right sushi roll is kind of large in the game, so moving the door there would make it look more like a rice ball.
  • edited September 2008
    wait how'd you get him to be shiny?

It's an option in the paint thingie. There are all kinds of textures, including shiny.
  • edited September 2008
    It's an option in the paint thingie. There are all kinds of textures, including shiny.

Pick the right color, and you can make your creature look like it is made out of polished metal.

Naturally, you need a really good graphic card in order to see it.
  • edited December 2008
    brenneke.jpg

brenneke2.jpg

This looks something like a necromorph. Maybe it's the scythes sticking out on the shoulders?

Man, Spore has some sick graphics.
  • edited December 2008
    since i have a vista the graphics on mine suck...
    I need a better graphics card...My vistas graphic rating is a 3.7
  • edited February 2009
    Ouch.
  • edited February 2009
    im glad you posted that snicklin cause i really wanted this thread to be available cause i just got spore for christmas.
    anyway
    t-dor[IMG]http://C:\Users\chris\Documents\My Spore Creations\AnimatedAvatars\Spore_GIF_2009-01-31_16-12-29.gif[/IMG]
  • edited February 2009
    wait how come i cant see it?
  • edited February 2009
    I don't know. Maybe you can link it instead.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.