Episodes not loading on iOS devices

edited December 2013 in Game Support

Episodes 3 and 4 from season 1 are having issue loading on my iOS ipad. Can someone please refund me for these two episodes.

Comments

• I purchased all the episodes for the Law and Order Legacy series, however I cannot download all the episodes. I am using an iPad mini updated to iOS 7.0.4. I have episodes 7, 6, but I cannot download 2-5. I have followed the suggestion of resetting my device and ensuring a good wifi connection. It will usually start the download, then it goes quite slowly, perhaps it times out. Help me TellTale, I have criminals to put away.

• Me too,please fix the problem as soon as possible!!!I am in China。

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Please make sure you have a strong internet connection when downloading individual episodes. Also please make sure that all of your applications running in the background are closed, to free up necessary system resources. To close apps running in the background, please double tap the Home button, and Hit the red X's (if you're on iOS6) or swipe up on the open apps (if you're on iOS7).

I purchased all the episodes for the Law and Order Legacy series, however I cannot download all the episodes. I am using an iPad mini updated

Can you please clarify if you are having trouble downloading the episodes, or running them from inside the app? If your app is crashing when attempting to load the episodes, please make sure that all of your applications running in the background are closed, to free up necessary system resources. To close apps running in the background, please double tap the Home button, and Hit the red X's (if you're on iOS6) or swipe up on the open apps (if you're on iOS7). If you are having trouble downloading them, please make sure to be connected with a strong internet connection to ensure a successful download.

• My internet connection is fine and I followed your above instructions to make sure no other apps are running. I am unable to download the episodes. Very frustrating. Please advise on what to do. I am playing on iPad 2

Can you please clarify what your downloading issue is? Can you see the download button, and start the download, but it's not finishing, or are you not given the option to download the episodes at all? If you are not seeing the 'Get' button, please try restoring your application by following this forum FAQ on restoring here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53347/twd-ios-cannot-restore-workaround

dplossi posted: »

My internet connection is fine and I followed your above instructions to make sure no other apps are running. I am unable to download the episodes. Very frustrating. Please advise on what to do. I am playing on iPad 2

• edited January 2014

I am also playing on iPad2 and have this same problem. The first time it got to 97% then gave me the "internet connection" error. I have tried at least twice a day since then, when no one else is using the internet, but still get the same message.. Mod, we see the "get" button on all of the episodes, and when we click on it it gives us that internet connection error message.. I have recently uninstalled/reinstalled the app. It is reinstalling now, I will post here after I see if it has worked.

xx

• Okay, so now it has deleted my load and it won't restore my purchases. I'm getting frustrated.

I am also playing on iPad2 and have this same problem. The first time it got to 97% then gave me the "internet connection" error. I have tried

If you are having trouble restoring, please follow the instructions in this link:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53347/twd-ios-cannot-restore-workaround

If you have the episodes say 'Get' but the download isn't completing, please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them)

Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. Then please make sure you are connected to a strong internet connection when attempting to download the episodes. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Okay, so now it has deleted my load and it won't restore my purchases. I'm getting frustrated.

• No, it says "Owned" on the purchase screen and coming soon near the episodes. Every time I try to restore the purchases nothing happens. Then I tried to go through the Play screen and download that way and I get another screen that says " Unable to Download at this time, please try again later."

I also tried the methods suggested in the link u sent and it is still not working......

Can you please clarify what your downloading issue is? Can you see the download button, and start the download, but it's not finishing, or are

• I am pretty much not being given the option to download at all, the Get button does not appear at all, even after following the instructions u have given me

Can you please clarify what your downloading issue is? Can you see the download button, and start the download, but it's not finishing, or are

• Also, I need help with the Walking Dead 2, the first Walking Dead is running just fine.

If your Season One of Walking Dead is working fine, is the issue your experiencing that you can't download the episodes in Season Two? If so, please note that Episodes 2-5 are still in development, and have not been released yet.

dplossi posted: »

Also, I need help with the Walking Dead 2, the first Walking Dead is running just fine.

• I prepaid for season 2 of The Walking Dead. I wanted to play it on my iPhone, which is where I played Season 1 and the 400 Days. I can't find an iOS version on this site to download, In the meantime I decuded to download the Mac version to play on my laptop. However, after downloading, I was unable to install because Ii received the message the file was from an unidentified developer. It's been 3 weeks, and I'd really like to play the game. HELP!?!??

If you are receiving the error message on a Mac computer, please disable Gatekeeper, as this may be preventing you from opening the file. To do this, click the Apple logo on the top toolbar and select System Preferences. Now select Security. If the padlock in the bottom left corner of this screen is not open, click on it. You will now see 3 options for downloaded applications, they are: Mac Store, Mac Store and identified developers, and Anywhere. Please select Anywhere and then confirm your selection. Then try installing the game again. Please note: To be on the safe side, please follow these steps again, and turn Gatekeeper back on after the game is finished installing.

RedCelosia posted: »

I prepaid for season 2 of The Walking Dead. I wanted to play it on my iPhone, which is where I played Season 1 and the 400 Days. I can't find

• I'm having an issue where I had season 1 downloaded on my iPad, I have an iPhone now, I can download the game and play the first episode but when I try and restore purchases it's asks for my Apple ID info then does nothing. I still have the game on my iPad but I can't get the whole game on my phone. Just wanted to go through it again before getting a season 2 ep2-5

If you are logged into the same Apple account that you originally purchased the game, you should be able to restore the app, and receive all of the episodes of Season 1 on the other phone. Please read over this FAQ for more info on making sure your iOS device can restore the game here:

Lex elis82 posted: »

I'm having an issue where I had season 1 downloaded on my iPad, I have an iPhone now, I can download the game and play the first episode but w

• What about an iOS version here? I only see a Mac, or a PC version available, and I'd really prefer to play on my iPhone. Although your suggestion about the Gatekeeper on my Mac worked like a charm. Thank you for that.

If you would like to purchase our game for an iOS device, they are available in the iTunes App Store for purchase/download either on your iTunes on your computer, or right from the App Store on your iOS device.

What about an iOS version here? I only see a Mac, or a PC version available, and I'd really prefer to play on my iPhone. Although your suggestion about the Gatekeeper on my Mac worked like a charm. Thank you for that.

• Ok,

So played ep 1 of the Walking Dead and loved. Bought the €17.99 pack with ep 2-5 + 400 days. However it doesn't download, restore button doesn't work. When I try to play Ep 2, it only gives me the option to buy it again for 4.49 when I click the get button. Tried deleting and reinstalling. Internet connection is fine and I'm not running any other apps. What's weird is that in the app store under in app purchases for the Walking dead, it doesn't just show the 17.99 purchase I did, but in addition to that 4.49 for every episode + another 13.99 for the ep 2-5 multipack. Sure hope you aren't charging 3 times for the same content. Which so far, doesnt work. Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Strauss

• I've already paid $23 for the pre-order here.There was nothing in the pre-order information that said the versions that would be made avaikable would only be for Mac or PC. One would expect the source company to have all versions for sale. Apparently one would be wrong. I think it's an unfair practice to make me pay for the game again for the only version I really wanted. If someone could arrange to refund my pre-order payment, I'd be happy to go to iTunes and buy each episode as they are released for my iPhone.

If you would like to purchase our game for an iOS device, they are available in the iTunes App Store for purchase/download either on your iTunes on your computer, or right from the App Store on your iOS device.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We would be happy to refund you your order. Please contact/email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com for further assistance regarding this issue. After emailing our Support email, feel free to send me a personal message with the unique ticket number you receive from our auto response, and I will try to get your refund process expedited. (To send a Private Discussion, click on a Username, and click on Private Discussion on the left hand side of the page.)

I've already paid $23 for the pre-order here.There was nothing in the pre-order information that said the versions that would be made avaikabl

I apologize for any difficulties you have run into. Please view our FAQ on restoring your purchased app in out iOS subforum here:

DarkStrauss posted: »

Ok, So played ep 1 of the Walking Dead and loved. Bought the €17.99 pack with ep 2-5 + 400 days. However it doesn't download, restore butto

• Hui ebanyi

• I have the same problem.i bought a multi-pack of 2-5 episodes and 400 days , my card withdrew the money, but the download episodes I can't. I want to get my money back.

Dimka123 posted: »

Hui ebanyi

Please view our FAQ on restoring your purchased app in our iOS subforum here:

If you are unable to restore your episodes, please reply back and I will attempt to assist you further. If you would rather inquire about a refund, please contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Dimka123 posted: »

I have the same problem.i bought a multi-pack of 2-5 episodes and 400 days , my card withdrew the money, but the download episodes I can't. I want to get my money back.

• edited January 2014

Telltale, I too am having the failure to load multi-pack (2-5 plus 400) issue, and the workaround is not working for me. When I try to restore purchases, or when I try clicking the multi-pack "buy now" button, I am prompted for my Apple ID password but then receive an error message that the Apple ID does not exist or the password is incorrect. Both the ID and the password are correct. How do we resolve this?

• Hey Mike--I just got the workaround to work. You should clarify in the FAQ that the pop-up informing you that the purchase has already been made will only come after the pop-up that asks you to you commit to buying the multi-pack a second time. Otherwise, it appears as if you are about to purchase the multi pack a second time and the workaround has not worked.

skuperberg posted: »

Telltale, I too am having the failure to load multi-pack (2-5 plus 400) issue, and the workaround is not working for me. When I try to restore

• I too can't download episode 2 from Season 1. I've read this entire thread, & yes, the GET button shows. Yesterday 48% loaded, but today have all been no connection with internet error pages. What do I do? Get a refund? I have IPhone 4 & 7IOS. TY.

Thank you for the feedback, I will make sure to send this information over to the team. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced by this.

skuperberg posted: »

Hey Mike--I just got the workaround to work. You should clarify in the FAQ that the pop-up informing you that the purchase has already been ma

Please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will clear the device's cache.

Then please attempt to 'Get' the episode again. I apologize for the inconvenience.

BeachFire posted: »

I too can't download episode 2 from Season 1. I've read this entire thread, & yes, the GET button shows. Yesterday 48% loaded, but today h

• TellTale, I keep running apps down to a minimum, as an OCD habit. Will try powering down & placing ph closer to router. All your previous suggestions I had already tried.

Please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app

• When ever I try to play TWD Season 2 on my iPod touch it keeps closing out when ever I upload a season 2 save file. I completed all of season 1 on the same iPod and I've tried to play season 2 several times but it always closes out when the season 1 file is uploaded.

Are you currently on an iPod Touch 4th Generation? If so, I regret to inform you that the listing of iPod Touch support in the compatibility section for the Walking Dead: Season 2 app is incorrect. The Description section has an accurate list of supported hardware. We are not able to update this section on the store. We encourage you to either ask Apple for a refund or, if you have the option, to play on a supported device. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

If you are playing on an iPod Touch 5th Generation, please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will clear the device's cache.

When ever I try to play TWD Season 2 on my iPod touch it keeps closing out when ever I upload a season 2 save file. I completed all of season

• I am playing TWAU on iPad Mini. My internet is extremely fast, I have no apps running in the back ground.

Episode one worked fine, though was extremely laggy through fight scenes. So, I completed that and downloaded episode 2. However, whenever I try to open episode 2, the screen goes black and the load circle comes up, but then the screen just goes all black, like the game is about to start, and it just crashes onto my home screen. Please advise as this isn't good, is it...

Can you please clarify what iOS version your iPad Mini is currently running on? iOS6 or iOS7?

iEatLitter posted: »

I am playing TWAU on iPad Mini. My internet is extremely fast, I have no apps running in the back ground. Episode one worked fine, though w

• This happened to me when I spent $19.99 on The Walking Dead Season 1 episodes 2-5 and 400 days!!! In 24 hours, the most that episode 2 loaded was 13%!!! Please help me if you know how to fix this!!! I really want to play the next episodes and season 2!!!**** PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!****

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try closing the game and all other application running in the background, as I explained in my above post. Then after all of them are closed, please turn off the device for at least 3 minutes. This will clear the device's cache. Then power the device back on, and make sure you are connected to a strong internet connection, and start the download again. Please note that this download may take more than a few minutes to complete.

EAPTTHeart posted: »

This happened to me when I spent $19.99 on The Walking Dead Season 1 episodes 2-5 and 400 days!!! In 24 hours, the most that episode 2 loaded

• Same problem with trying to download episode 2 of TWAU, freezes at 99% and then all further attempts are met with no progress at all. I've tried reinstalling the game, tried the walking dead suggestions, so far nothing seems to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Never mind. Reinstalling worked after all.

Same problem with trying to download episode 2 of TWAU, freezes at 99% and then all further attempts are met with no progress at all. I've tri

This discussion has been closed.