Xbox Support told me to get my code here...

edited February 2014 in Game Support

Hello,

Like many of the frustrated fans who waited and waited for A WOLF AMONG US ep 2 to arrive, only to not have the Season Pass work once it was finally here...I have waited the 48+ hours to recieve my "code" via email/Xbox Live messages so that I may play the ep w/o having to buy it again. After having not recieved it in the promised time frame, I phoned XBOX SUPPORT and they told me that all I had to do was visit this page and "easily" obtain a code from your end. Feel like I am being jerked around by both parties involved.

I just want to play the game. Who gives the code, and do they know they are the ones supposed to give it? Please advise.

Comments

• I'm in the same boat. And after the fiasco with TWD: GOTY edition and the 4 weeks it took to get my codes then I should have known better. Should have bootlegged it from the start...

• I am also in the same boat. Friends have received their codes but I have yet to get mine. GT: TylerDurden4220

• This sucks. Tales from borderlands and the rest of twd season 2. I won't be so quick to pay. Feel like I'm getting screwed again like when borderlands 2 came out broken. Maybe you and gearbox studio are a perfect match. I really don't want to hate you. I love the games. So c'mon fix this shit and quick. I

• By the way , fuck xbox customer support. Oh we don't work the weekend. If you take my money on a weekend then you can fucking sort this shit out.

• where is my fucking code or my god damn money back telltale fucking sucks ass

• Okay...Just following orders here...Waited 4 days already...I'd like my code now please :) GT: shawzy666

• This should be so embarrasing for telltale, I haven't received my code either and I bought the season pass last thursday.
    They should've already given us a solution this is so frustating, and it's not about playing it now, it's about getting what I payed for.

Shame on you, telltale

• edited February 2014

Guess my problem goes here. As above. Bought season pass. Waited a week. No fix yet. Just googled and heard about codes. Haven't received yet so if I could get would be much appreciated. All the anger isn't really understandable as a quick search reveals it's a fault on microsofts end not ttg.

GT: Daddy Supes

• Apparently they both put the blame on each other, but I bought the game to telltale, so they're the ones who should be breaking their asses telling MS to send all the f**ng codes or making an update.

& I don't think they even read these but just in case,
    GT: eider154

Guess my problem goes here. As above. Bought season pass. Waited a week. No fix yet. Just googled and heard about codes. Haven't received yet

• Fair enough I guess. Well this and the walking dead save on second console issue are telling me that it's high time to drop somebody...

eider154 posted: »

Apparently they both put the blame on each other, but I bought the game to telltale, so they're the ones who should be breaking their asses te

• Im waiting for more then 3 days and i didnt recieve a code . Gamertag: darkdomi1

• I bought my season pass yesterday, I was pissed when I couldn't play ep2 right away. I hope that this gets sorted out soon.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Please note that we are currently working on a Title Update that will fix this issue, and hope to have it resolved in the near future. I apologize for any difficulties this has caused you. If you have purchased a Season Pass, you should be receiving a redemption code within 48 hours of the Season Pass purchase. If you have not received your code, please contact Microsoft Support for further assistance regarding this issue.

• I just got off the phone with Xbox support and they are no help whatsoever. They simply told me to get in contact with you guys. I perfectly understand how difficult this must be to get fixed but this is getting ridiculous. I was fine with waiting the 48 hours but now that it is significantly past that time period I'm starting to get pissed off. The only reason I paid the extra money for the season pass was to avoid bullshit like this

Please note that we are currently working on a Title Update that will fix this issue, and hope to have it resolved in the near future. I apolo

• I've waited a few days as well. Nothing yet. Gamertag = name here. UnzippedCanine, hopefully I can at least play episode 2 soon -_-

• but as a few comments have posted they are redirecting back to TTG. Any response to this please?

Please note that we are currently working on a Title Update that will fix this issue, and hope to have it resolved in the near future. I apolo

• i got borderlands 2 the day it came out and never had a single issue with it? what happened on yours? it worked fine for my buddy who i played coop with aswell

This sucks. Tales from borderlands and the rest of twd season 2. I won't be so quick to pay. Feel like I'm getting screwed again like when bor

• edited February 2014

Replied to wrong dude. Sorry JR

JRTHEFIEND posted: »

I just got off the phone with Xbox support and they are no help whatsoever. They simply told me to get in contact with you guys. I perfectly u

• Per the title of this post, I DID contact Xbox Support after waiting 72 hours since my Season Pass was purchased and they told me to get it here.

• edited February 2014

Sorry. Whenever I try to reply to "TelltaleMike" when i hit "post" it goes under someone elses comment. More great TT Customer Service!

• This is getting ridiculous. "Pay before the episode comes out so other people who didn't can play it first while you wait for your codes." Get it fixed, Telltale.

• SEND CODE ;_; GT: Mia the witch

• And patch this ASAP. Xbox isn't doing anything about it, so it's on your head Telltale!!

megmerriet posted: »

SEND CODE ;_; GT: Mia the witch

• Know you guys are trying your hardest to sort everything out, so good on ya. I also haven't gotten my code within the 48 hour window. If you could send it in the near future, it would be appreciated. Gamer Tag: Spac3Pop3

• Yeah it's now the 11th and I still haven't received a code (username: El Marso) not has the general problem been fixed. Pretty p*** poor stuff happening here

• Same boat. Waited over 72 hours for the code, then Xbox "support" told me to come here for my code. The funny thing is, I was gonna go ahead and get TWD season 2 pass as well. If this doesn't get sorted soon, I'll probably be too bitter =[

XBL Gt: Archonways

• Alright, I have my code and it works!

I advise you to do what I did, I sent a tweet to @XboxSupport saying that I didn't have my code and it's been over 48Hs and in less than 2 hours I had it.

Good Luck people :)

• BTW keep in mind that they have their working hours from 6AM to 12AM, i think they just got online.

Hope it helps.

• spoke w my 5th Xbox Support Agent today. He had me buy the episode, then refunded me once I did. Better than nothing, I guess. Don't know why the 4 other ppl I spoke with couldn't have done the same thing...they basically all acted like it was thier first time hearing of the problem.

• They just directed me here so obviously that's not the option.

• GT: Xxnitronick8xX, please send soon! can't wait!

• Waited 77 hours for the code, this is getting ridiculous now. GT- zFYl

• XBOX told me to wait 2 days. its been four since i bought my season pass. please send me my xbox redemption code for episode 2 of a wolf among us. im trying to support you guys....

xbox gamer tag: drbloodthrone

I apologize for any difficulties caused by this issue. For those of you who are still waiting for a code, have deleted their code by mistake, or are receiving the 'invalid code' message, please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com and we will be glad to assist you with your issue. Please make sure to include your exact situation in the email (Deleted your Code, Receiving an Invalid Code Error, or Haven't Received a Code yet), as well as your full name, gamertag, and the 25 digit code (If you have received it, but it is invalid).

• Hello, I bought the season pass 2 days ago and the Microsoft's help told me to come here. So here I am :) and I would like to ask for a redeem code to the episode 2. My gamertag is Dufi1984
    Thank you

Please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com and we will be glad to assist you with your issue. Please make sure to include your exact situation in the email (Deleted your Code, Receiving an Invalid Code Error, or Haven't Received a Code yet), as well as your full name, gamertag, and the 25 digit code (If you have received it, but it is invalid).

Dufi1984 posted: »

Hello, I bought the season pass 2 days ago and the Microsoft's help told me to come here. So here I am and I would like to ask for a redeem code to the episode 2. My gamertag is Dufi1984 Thank you

• I've sent an email as well after the post.

Please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com and we will be glad to assist you with your issue. Please make sure to include y

Microsoft will be sending codes out to people 48 hours after they have purchased the Season Pass. If you have not received a code yet, you should be receiving one in the near future. We are currently working on releasing a Title Update that will fix this issue for all players experiencing this issue. If the Title Update releases before you receive a code from Microsoft, you will not receive a code. Instead you will be able to download the Title Update that will resolve your issue.

Dufi1984 posted: »

I've sent an email as well after the post.

• So roughly how long do you think the title update will take? I had no idea this was going on or I wouldn't have purchased the season pass and I would have bought them one at a time. Since that is not an option anymore... and I don't feel like sending email from my 360 (I lack a personal computer at the moment) I want to know if this is something I need to take the time to do or if it is just as worth while to wait for the update. Thank you in advance if you reply.

Microsoft will be sending codes out to people 48 hours after they have purchased the Season Pass. If you have not received a code yet, you sho

• I wish I looked this up before I bought the season pass. Waiting patiently for it to either work or I receive a code, This is a real pain.

This discussion has been closed.