In TPS why is there no atlas guns?

There's this one gun that you get from the shift that says atlas on the side (the Rhys will remember that gun) but it still says its Hyperion. They could've atleast made one legendary gun but nope...

Comments

• enter image description here

They were lazy in writing which led to a lot of plot holes.

• Atlas and S&S weapons were collected by bandits and the likes and turned into bandit weapons.

• edited October 2015

Atlas was put out of business by the BL1 Vault Hunters after the end of BL1, so all the Atlas merch was scooped up by collectors (As mentioned by Rhys and Jack).

• Probably because Atlas was a Pandoran corporation, not all corporations could get to Elpis I guess.

• "I don't do my research so I'll say it's just plot holes."

They were lazy in writing which led to a lot of plot holes.

• edited October 2015

Atlas is NOT a Pandoran corporation. The only people who make guns on Pandora are the Bandits in Borderlands 2....

Probably because Atlas was a Pandoran corporation, not all corporations could get to Elpis I guess.

"I don't do my research so I'll say it's just plot holes."

• LOL I've argued with so many people about shit like this that I'm tired of it, so forgive my uninspired answer. And no, I've done a lot more research than most on this forum cause it's my favorite franchise.

"I don't do my research so I'll say it's just plot holes."

• Then why did you say "plot holes" to a question that had an easy answer? Look at the people below you, they answered it pretty simply.

LOL I've argued with so many people about shit like this that I'm tired of it, so forgive my uninspired answer. And no, I've done a lot more research than most on this forum cause it's my favorite franchise.

• The more you know.

Axton posted: »

Atlas is NOT a Pandoran corporation. The only people who make guns on Pandora are the Bandits in Borderlands 2....

• edited October 2015

(omfg I'm doing it again)

This clean sweep of removing all Atlas tech off the face of Pandora over the course of roughly 5 yrs, the time between Borderlands 1 and 2 is hard to believe. I can believe they went bankrupt quickly after the Knoxx DLC, but the company was so enormous, it'd take at least a couple decades for their presence to be gone completely. Not to mention members of the Crimson Lance are still on the planet (why would they get rid of their supposedly superior quality weapons?). Did Atlas really store every unused gun they brought to Pandora in Knoxx's Armory? Then you throw in the fact that TPS happens between these two games and Atlas is already completely gone. Not a trace anywhere. There is no reasonable justification for that. Okay fine, you can argue cause it's Elpis, and perhaps Atlas never took interest in the moon. It's still a weak argument.

I honestly don't know why they erased so quickly. My theory is because they wanted to give each brand a gimmick, which personally I believe limits the ammount of creativity and uniqueness of the weapons (but that's beside the point). But because this, S&S gets removed for no reason other than to replace it Bandit as the big clip brand. Atlas was suppose to be the already superior brand, and I guess that was too general/generic for their liking so they got rid of it completely and didn't worry too much about how'd it work into the story, because Atlas' bankruptcy was canon by then, but also fans would come up with theories to justify this purging of Atlas tech.

enter link description here

Then why did you say "plot holes" to a question that had an easy answer? Look at the people below you, they answered it pretty simply.

• my father works at borderlands he said ur lying

(omfg I'm doing it again) This clean sweep of removing all Atlas tech off the face of Pandora over the course of roughly 5 yrs, the time

Reliqum posted: »

my father works at borderlands he said ur lying

• You see, how hard was that? Thank you for supporting your claims.

(omfg I'm doing it again) This clean sweep of removing all Atlas tech off the face of Pandora over the course of roughly 5 yrs, the time

• You see, how hard was that? Thank you for supporting your claims.

• I don't know what to take from that.

I don't know what to take from that.

That clears it up.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.