Could Gortys Be The Vault Monster?

If you've seen the new trailer for tales then you have seen the thumbnail, also the coments. Alot of them are Haveing the theory that Gortys IS the Vault Monster.I don't understand how the thumbnail would make the jump to this conclusion. Personally I think it is what Gortys looks like with her FINAL upgrade.But then again I think could this sweet lovable robot have tricked us all?

Comments

• It's because people presume the thing shown in the trailer to be the Vault Monster. If you look at the trailer you can see that said thing is Gortys new form (check out the eyes).

enter image description here

Ergo Gortys = Vault Monster.

It is, however, possible that Gortys just happens to be shown this way. Maybe she's not attacking us? Maybe she was designed to fight the real Vault Monster?

• I feel like Gortys was designed to Fight the Vault Monster, so we can watch like a full on Giant Robot vs Giant Monster Fight :P

Maybe Rhys will be able to control Gortys like he does loaderbot for the fight?

• I really want to know what place they're at. First a thought Sanctuary. But Then there are Those Bandits. So maybe old haven?

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited October 2015

How did Gortys become THAT huge? There are limits of transformation, even for Borderlands.

Is there another pair of eyes above the hand or just lights?

It's because people presume the thing shown in the trailer to be the Vault Monster. If you look at the trailer you can see that said thing i

• As far as I know, Vault Monsters are only contained in Vaults.

Gortys probably just got her last upgrade and she turned into a giant as a result.

• I feel like Gortys being the vault monster wouldn't make sense, that would imply she was part of (or pre-existed) the vault and we know she isn't. Atlas created Gortys to try and find the vault, meaning after the vaults creation so how could she be the vault monster?

• edited October 2015

A theory indeed, but without concrete evidence, that's all it is, a theory... A GAME THEOR-

• I would say, Gortys was designed to be a giant robot that fights the Vault Monster rather than being the Vault Monster herself since why would Atlus create something to find and guard a vault if they're trying to find vaults themselves. No doubt creating a giant robot to fight off vault monsters would make sense after the opening of the vault and how awful that turned out in Borderlands 1.

• I don't believe for a second Gortys is the Vault Monster. In all the other Borderlands games, the monster has always been inside the vault itself and on top of that it's always been organic too, where as Gortys is just a robot. Definitely appears that it's just Mega-Gortys once it gets the final part and possibly upgraded further since Jack is back in Helios, I don't think it's too far-fetched to believe that he might kidnap Gortys and upgrade it more and possibly try to rewire it too so Gortys only obeys him.

• It looks like an antenna on her back

Omid's cat posted: »

How did Gortys become THAT huge? There are limits of transformation, even for Borderlands. Is there another pair of eyes above the hand or just lights?

• If that's the case, Gortys is probably going to die.....and Telltale is going to force me to kill her.....

I don't believe for a second Gortys is the Vault Monster. In all the other Borderlands games, the monster has always been inside the vault i

• maybe gortys isnt so big maybe its another vault monster that copied gortys form

• I wouldn't put it past them, we're kinda over-due for more difficult choices and losses. Episode 5 is going to be a hard-hitter I'm sure.

J-Master posted: »

If that's the case, Gortys is probably going to die.....and Telltale is going to force me to kill her.....

• I thought only the Destroyer was organic, The Warrior and the Sentinel were both made from rock/eridium iirc.

I don't believe for a second Gortys is the Vault Monster. In all the other Borderlands games, the monster has always been inside the vault i

• The Warrior is organic too, although you are right about the Sentinel, it's made of rocks so it's more of a golem and not organic/biological.

MrShadow posted: »

I thought only the Destroyer was organic, The Warrior and the Sentinel were both made from rock/eridium iirc.

• The more I think about you could actually be right mabey she was designed fight the Vault monster.

It's because people presume the thing shown in the trailer to be the Vault Monster. If you look at the trailer you can see that said thing i

• I thought about this a while back - I'm not certain that the robot is the Vault Monster, but i'm thinking this "Traveller" will assimilate with the first being to open it, which will probably be Gortys. Hence making the huge Gortysmon.

• I see so the opening of the Vault may have caused Gortys to get a major upgrade. Which caused her to be huge

Nikolizzle posted: »

I thought about this a while back - I'm not certain that the robot is the Vault Monster, but i'm thinking this "Traveller" will assimilate with the first being to open it, which will probably be Gortys. Hence making the huge Gortysmon.

• That's not exactly what I was getting at, but that's plausible too.

I meant something like Gortys opens the door and is the first one to walk through it. The "Traveller" alien adopts Gortys' body as a host, but turns huge, Final-Fantasy-last-boss-style.

Hydra_Hell posted: »

I see so the opening of the Vault may have caused Gortys to get a major upgrade. Which caused her to be huge

• I get it that actually sounds like it could be it.

Nikolizzle posted: »

That's not exactly what I was getting at, but that's plausible too. I meant something like Gortys opens the door and is the first one to

• the opening of the destroyer released eridium, so maybe all the Vault monster were organic then they absorbed the eridiums power,???idk

MrShadow posted: »

I thought only the Destroyer was organic, The Warrior and the Sentinel were both made from rock/eridium iirc.

• Impossible since all Vault Guardians are Eridian's and Gorty's is Atlas Tech

• True

martymf621 posted: »

Impossible since all Vault Guardians are Eridian's and Gorty's is Atlas Tech

• Needs more tentacles.

• I bet it was made to fight the vault monster.

As far as I know, Vault Monsters are only contained in Vaults. Gortys probably just got her last upgrade and she turned into a giant as a result.

• The bandits are actually Vallory's people.

GSSalvador posted: »

I really want to know what place they're at. First a thought Sanctuary. But Then there are Those Bandits. So maybe old haven?

• It feels like it wouldn't make sense, but I get the feeling we're all just thinking in a different way than Telltale has is planned.

• enter image description here

...Uurrrk... You are right. The preview image just shows that Gortys gets pretty big, not that she is the vault monster.

A theory indeed, but without concrete evidence, that's all it is, a theory... A GAME THEOR-

• She probably has to fight it i mean i doubt rhys fiona and crew will be able to kill it. Bit OT but what do you guys think "The traveler" will look like?

• It sure seems like it's going to be GORTYS!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.