Wait, was Sasha Captured?

I don't see much discussion about this...

It looked to me more along the line that Sasha WASN'T captured, but rather, she sold the group out to Yvette. Am I alone in this?

At least in my playthrough, Fiona was more surprised than angry after seeing Sasha and Yvette. Not an expression you get if someone is captured. Also, though Sasha had two guards standing next to her, she wasn't restrained. Thirdly, she had an expression of guilt. If Sasha was really captured, by the description of her demeanor so far, she should have been fighting a lot more with an angry expression.

Now, I don't know if that can be changed. I chose pretty neutral paths during the space ride. Throughout the playthrough, I more or less chose along the lines of "I promise you" and "we should stick together." Nothing that's suggestive of "let's get the heck out of here at the first possible chance"

I am not quite sure if that scene can be altered by someone choosing more along the line of "let's just tough it out on Pandora."

So, is that pretty spot on?

Comments

• I think she sold us out. I mean if that's not an expression of guilt, I don't know what is.

Of course she could feel guilty if she was captured as well, less likely though.

• Find out in the next episode of...

enter image description here

TALES FROM THE BORDERLANDS!

• I thought she did at first, but after playing it a second time I really didn't get the sold out vibe, To me it looked like Sasha was looking down and feeling shitty because she's known as a person who can make it out of a situation alright, but the feeling of being caught and disappointing her sister looked more reasonable as her expression compared to "sorry Fi, I like money and this place is cool as fuck.! Man...this must suck, huh?".

• I saw a lot of discussion about this shortly after the episode aired and I think this is one of those times that Telltale was accidentally way more ambiguous than they intended to be. Because really it could be read either way, but surely they meant for us to come to a conclusion.

Personally, I think we are meant to believe she sold out. In a determinant scene in the beginning of the episode, Vallory can cut her arm if Fiona doesn't give her the answers she wants. She makes a big deal of insisting Fiona keep her mouth shut at great risk of pain and harm to herself, and later makes a comment to Rhys about how they are different or do things differently (I can't remember the exact conversation).

So I have a hard time believing that she would have come down without restraints, without a mark on her. If they wanted information from her she wasn't willing to give, they probably would have had to drag her kicking and screaming at best, and rough her up at worst.

Plus, there were a lot of little foreshadowing comments about never wanting to go back to Pandora and how awesome these offices are, etc. Not to mention, Yvette wasn't aware of Sasha and Fiona being aboard Helios to begin with, it's not like she was looking for her. Then there was that look of guilt on her face.

All these things lead me to believe that we as the audience are meant to understand Sasha sold the team out. I also fully believe her betrayal will be part of some sort of con and she'd never actually sell out her sister.

• Fiona was more surprised than angry after seeing Sasha and Yvette.

Eeeh.

Her turning the corner and promptly changing into an expression of bafflement and bewilderment implies that her shock is directed at Yvette and the guards, not Sasha. There wouldn't be any point to concealing Sasha behind Yvette unless it was meant to be a surprise to the players and, by extension, Fiona.

Not an expression you get if someone is captured.

The implication being that Sasha's capture is the cause of Fiona's surprise, even though its reveal happens after Fiona's shocked expression?

Also, though Sasha had two guards standing next to her, she wasn't restrained.

Well, yeah, because she already had two guards standing at either side of her. She wasn't resisting arrest and, unlike Fiona (who was actually restrained after shooting Butt Stallion), she didn't have any weapons on her person. Two guards were enough.

Thirdly, she had an expression of guilt.

... Or bashful acknowledgement that she fucked up and got captured. shrugs

If Sasha was really captured, by the description of her demeanor so far, she should have been fighting a lot more with an angry expression.

Sasha is adventurous and daring, a risk-taker. I've never seen her characterized as completely stupid. Why would she attempt to fight her capture when she knows the whole mission is already compromised as it is? That would just create more problems.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

What if the tour guide lady was actually onto Sasha the entire time and got her to talk about Fiona in order to incriminate herself, then turned her in

• I agree with you 100 percent on this one. Sasha just dosent seem like the person who would backstab her sister and the rest of the group. She made a huge deal about Felix betraying them earlier, and I think one of the things Sasha values most is loyalty. Going back to episode 1 when Hugo offers you the deal and if you decline it you get the Sasha noticed your loyalty notification. And yeah she talks about how great it would be to get of Pandora but I don't think she would screw over the group for that. If she did indeed betray us though it would be completely out of character for her. Unless of course it's some kind of con. My point being no, I don't think she betrayed us :D

Fiona was more surprised than angry after seeing Sasha and Yvette. Eeeh. Her turning the corner and promptly changing into an exp

• I personally think she felt guilty and maybe even useless because she couldn't do anything to stop it. I mean, Felix, Fiona and she have been living the whole life fooling people and getting out of shitty situation, so I think that's why.

I doubt she'd really betray us, seeing how she was stubbornly telling Fiona at the beginning of the episode not to accept Vallery's offer no matter what.

• I'd believe it. :P They did get kinda... Flirtatious, and in some deleted audio, she literally full out flirts with her and calls her gorgeous or something like that.

Deltino posted: »

What if the tour guide lady was actually onto Sasha the entire time and got her to talk about Fiona in order to incriminate herself, then turned her in

• Sasha fell for the trap

enter link description here

I'd believe it. :P They did get kinda... Flirtatious, and in some deleted audio, she literally full out flirts with her and calls her gorgeous or something like that.

• She was probably caught, Im sure itll be explained, maybe she looked "guilty" because she was doing something stupid with all her awwww and wonder in Helios and thats why she feels bad for getting caught. I doubt she full on willingly sold them out, but I guess she had to have said something for them to find Fiona.

• edited October 2015

That would be so out of character for Sasha to do that. Like even more out of character than the traitor scene in GOT that people never stop complaining about

• I think she was just sticking to Rhys' plan. You know, find a way to the prison level etc... in fact, when Rhys tells the Sisters to get arrested, she says "I'm on it"

Still can't explain Yvette's presence though

• edited October 2015

Well there is cut audio of Sasha full on flirting with the tour guide ;D

Deltino posted: »

• I don't think she would do, concidering she would be betraying her own sister. But hey, it would make an amazing plot twist, right ;D

• I think she did. Could you really blame her? She wants off of Pandora so bad it's not even funny. Here's her first opportunity. And since she does have a thing for Rhys, maybe she's doing it for him too? Where is she when Fiona is with the stranger in present time? Working her new job on Helios. It is a possibility.

• Probably xoROSENTRO Tox is right...Sasha haven´t a look of scary and all that stuff...
    And probably that´s why Fiona was angry with Rhys in the present: If Sasha never knew Rhys or Rhys never talked to her gently or even made the plan about infiltration with both of them, She wouldn´t wanted to sold her sister in order to get a position in Helios, and that will explain her reaction when Rhys accepted Jack to work toguether as a team to rule Helios because that would turn on Death for Rhys, becoming on more guilt for Sasha that she couldn´t handle.

• Wow you know what I forgot Rhys told her that. And we just gotta wait 9 more days my friend!

TheTP87 posted: »

I think she was just sticking to Rhys' plan. You know, find a way to the prison level etc... in fact, when Rhys tells the Sisters to get arrested, she says "I'm on it" Still can't explain Yvette's presence though

• This, although I'm pretty sure they were deliberately being ambiguous. They want us guessing and maybe even thinking she actually did betray us. The biggest sign to me is if you let Sasha get stabbed earlier. Sasha comments on an established deal they have earlier, and though those details aren't really given, I think the idea is that the sisters can sell each other out at certain moments. It's not an issue of loyalty, they'll always work together. But making deals and cons puts them in a better position down the road. I think that's the idea, at least. It would be really shocking and heartbreaking if Sasha was actually a traitor.

cussbunny posted: »

I saw a lot of discussion about this shortly after the episode aired and I think this is one of those times that Telltale was accidentally w

• Yeah I definely wanna see if thats what happened to lead up to Yvette's confrontation. I guess Yvette being there, she's the only figure head in Hyperion right now (that we know). So she'll be the antagonist in this situation.

TheTP87 posted: »

I think she was just sticking to Rhys' plan. You know, find a way to the prison level etc... in fact, when Rhys tells the Sisters to get arrested, she says "I'm on it" Still can't explain Yvette's presence though

• ^^^ We're on to something here xoROSE and Cookie!

Fiona may be mad that Rhys not only is in the Hyperion throne, but also maybe he took her sister to rule with him? The thing that I can not quite understand is Rhys' present time arm. It looks Atlas-y. Silver, (Heh. Atlas Silver) I read someone confronting his silver arm, too. Maybe Jack's Atlas deed is given to Rhys? Rhys rules Atlas with Sasha, Jack rules Hyperion with his 'New Body'. Fiona returns to Pandora, as seen in the teaser, and Vaughn is still unknown. We know Sasha favors Atlas weaponry, or at least one gun being manufactured by Atlas. Why would she turn down ruling the company she at least partially likes? Hyperion got removed from Episode 1, right? The eye turns yellow at the end of episode 4, right? It all makes sense..-ish. There is a pretty major hole, being that Rhys and possibly Sasha would have to go back to Pandora to actually rule Atlas, right? And that would be the opposite of what Sasha wants... She may just want to join Hyperion simply to start a new life. Which is kind of what all people in Borderlands Universe actually do... whatever they CAN to make their lives better.

KeepItGoingPeople!

• Link???

lottii-lu posted: »

Well there is cut audio of Sasha full on flirting with the tour guide ;D

• I remember there was a discussion about how Sasha might possibly have sold them out. Her motivation being wanting to leave Pandora forever and she saw an opportunity because she didn't want to go back to that terrible planet. At first, I seriously thought that she has simply been caught, but when that thread got posted, it really made me question and wonder about the whole situation.

Personally, I hope that isn't the case, because I doubt that Sasha would sell out her own sister for her own personal gain. It would also make her a hypocrite considering how she reacted to Felix's betrayal.

Well, 9 days till find out. :)

• That is a pretty awesome theory! Sasha might not mind being on Pandora if she doesn't have to scrape by. Heck, she might even enjoy it. But then again, in one of the dialog choices, it's talked about that Rhys has an apartment or condo on one of the Edens. So revived Atlas could be off Pandora. Fiona could claim to have Vaughn, which lures Rhys back to Pandora and that is when he is caught by the stranger.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

^^^ We're on to something here xoROSE and Cookie! Fiona may be mad that Rhys not only is in the Hyperion throne, but also maybe he took h

• enter image description here

I'd never really thought of it like that, but it makes total sense. I also think that deep down, Sasha knows that Felix wanted a better life for the girls, even if he did technically betray them. I think she is still very influenced by Felix and what he wanted for them, even if she does claim that she hates him... And when she's given an opportunity to fully take advantage of what the best in the universe has got in store... It makes sense that she wouldn't pass it up, even if it meant betraying her sister (who she DOES love deeply, but maybe she thinks it's for the best). In the end, Sasha doesn't want to be a Vault Hunter. She doesn't ever want to go back to Pandora and she's fascinated by the richer life that Hyperion can give her. There's a regular pattern of betrayal in the Borderlands world and this betrayal is rewarded with selfish gain... Maybe her turning them in is a way for them to all get what they want, but maybe not in the way they would have expected.

Otherwise, it also makes sense that she would just be ooh-ing and ah-ing at everything in Hyperion and she just got caught by someone. Yvette knew something was up the second she showed up in the office to "confront" Rhys. When she wakes up, she's gonna do everything in her power to track down whoever it is that's in her way... And who's a better catch than someone who's distracted by all the beauty in Hyperion, tricked a tour guide, and knows all the answers that Yvette needs? If Sasha was promised a job and she really did just flat out betray everyone, there's a very good shot that she's being manipulated... Maybe she thought Rhys and her could have a life on Hyperion and Fiona would escape like she always does and everyone would get their happy ending this way.

^^^ We're on to something here xoROSE and Cookie! Fiona may be mad that Rhys not only is in the Hyperion throne, but also maybe he took h

• Sasha wouldn't betray Fiona. She's loyal to her family, and was way too mad at Felix to do the same thing herself. If there was guaranteed safety for her sister, and a way for both of them to get off Pandora, then **maybe** she would consider making a deal to tell them about Rhys. But she was starting to like Rhys, so even that I find questionable. Give them the vault? Maybe, but it would still be just like Felix taking the money.

She also hates Hyperion, and would take any opportunity to screw them over. IF she made a deal, she probably plans to go back on it and stop them from getting what they want. That's the only way I see her being anything more than captured.
  • Considering her history with August, the flirting means nothing. Especially after it was cut.

Here you go

• Dude, I don't think she was actually flirting with the tour guide, I know she was just doing her job.

Demarcoa posted: »

Considering her history with August, the flirting means nothing. Especially after it was cut.

• ah, I did not notice your ;D implying as such :)

Dude, I don't think she was actually flirting with the tour guide, I know she was just doing her job.

• i think she was interrogated after being captured and she is guilty faced because she was forced to sell out her friends

• edited September 2017

• She looks so high end now....

• what/?

She looks so high end now....

• She looks rich

Enigma12 posted: »

what/?

• edited September 2017

She looks rich

Sign in to comment in this discussion.