Episode 5 Theory

Atlas created Gortys right? Atlas doens't make tech like this apparently, they dont make nice robot that help you find vaults and what not.

I don't think that Gortys is the vault monster. I think that Atlas created Gortys so that they would have something to fight off the actual vault monster.

Gortys grows from every piece. Maybe the next piece beams us to the vault of the traveler and makes her into the giant thing we see in the teaser.

Comments

• Gortys tells you why Atlas made her first time you boot her up.

When Gortys has all the pieces, she has the power to hold the vault of the traveler in one place, since it changes places mostly ever instant. She can't "beam" in there.

• We will see. The big monster thing in the teaser (did you watch it?) looks like gortys. The fingers are the same just much larger. By "beam" i meant exactly what she told us sorry that i forgot about the specific details but whatever.

Gortys doesn't know what happens to her when she gets all three pieces as i'm assuming it's never happened before. I'm only assuming the third piece makes her a giant and shes able to fight off the vault monster. Where there is a vault, there is a vault monster.

Gortys tells you why Atlas made her first time you boot her up. When Gortys has all the pieces, she has the power to hold the vault of the traveler in one place, since it changes places mostly ever instant. She can't "beam" in there.

• I'm with ya that Gortys isn't the Vault Monster but I don't think it's intended use will be to fight w/e might be in there, Gortys' primary function is more or less going to be a cork/anchor I'm betting so that the Vault can't poof away again. While Gortys will probably have to fight w/e is in the Vault, I'm afraid it'll be a losing battle, I'm not sure Atlas knew what was dwelling inside Vaults so I can't believe they prepped Gortys for combat since they should have no idea about a threat to begin with. I'm still pretty curious as to how Atlas even knew about that Vault, let alone discovered a way to track it down.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.