"Everyone thinks they're the hero of their own story." *TRAILER SPOILERS*

Okay, so, am I the only one really panicking over this? Jack sounds completely lifeless in the trailer, so him sounding like he's dying off has put me into full on panic mode.

Don't die, Jack. ;n;

Thoughts, theories, anything?

Comments

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

"...except for me! Because I actually am! What, did you think I was referring to myself? No way, you idiot!"

• It means that the vault hunters and the TFTBL group think what they are doing is right. So does Jack. In one of the bl2 trailers, Jack says the BL2 vault hunters think they are the heroes, but he is the real hero.

This leads me to believe that Jack betrays the group, as the BL2 vault hunters lay siege to Helios.

I strongly believe Jack wont die, as he learned from his past mistakes.

I hope he says this line when he finds out about Angels death. Then goes into badass mode.

• Sounds about right.

Deltino posted: »

"...except for me! Because I actually am! What, did you think I was referring to myself? No way, you idiot!"

• "We are the heroes of our time, but were dancing with the demons in our minds"

• Apparently, Vallory is going to die. Hopefully her fight with Fiona will be the longest action sequence in the series.

• Well it also looks like we'll be fighting a Vault monster, so... there's that.

matteso586 posted: »

Apparently, Vallory is going to die. Hopefully her fight with Fiona will be the longest action sequence in the series.

• To me, it sounds different because it's a very much alive Handsome Jack who is being very serious. As in, a no longer insane Handsome Jack. I dunno, that's what my husband and I think.

• He's obviously alive, but his voice just sounds so empty and lifeless. It could be him coming to terms, but it's just... scaring me.

To me, it sounds different because it's a very much alive Handsome Jack who is being very serious. As in, a no longer insane Handsome Jack. I dunno, that's what my husband and I think.

• Legends are forever.

• I think coming to terms. The thing is, why kill him off... again? Gearbox regretted it the first time. That, and the whole borderlands community has had the Jack's not dead theory floating around since BL2 came out. So many people want him back, to boot. There's too much at stake for them to kill him again.

He's obviously alive, but his voice just sounds so empty and lifeless. It could be him coming to terms, but it's just... scaring me.

• Agreed. You've put most of my panic to rest, haha. Have fun playing the last ep.

I think coming to terms. The thing is, why kill him off... again? Gearbox regretted it the first time. That, and the whole borderlands commu

• This is the only time I'll ever thumb up any comment of yours.

papai46 posted: »

Legends are forever.

• First from a money stand point (to me at least) it doesn't make a lot of since to kill him off. He's kinda like the Joker to the franchise IMO.
    I think he sounds more defeated. So not dead but they give him the possibility of redemption? Though going off that idea I think the only thing that could bring about that change would be something to do with Angel. Which if that happens its going to be epic and really tragic/sad at the same time. If they do it right the feels could be rough...

• I get goosebumps every time I hear that line, and it does worry me - but I'm trying to keep up my delusion that his death would be pointless and therefore won't happen.

He sounds genuinely disappointed and almost defeated... maybe if you/Rhys chose to rule with him but then decide to help Fiona in Ep 5 he sees it as the ultimate betrayal (which we know is a contentious issue for him) and he feels that he needs to kill you (but in his deluded psychopathy believes that you're forcing him to do something he ultimately doesn't want to do - which is a common mind frame for manipulative abusers like Jack), so he's giving you this monologue before he tries to kill you/Rhys?

• That line sounds more like Rhys to me...

• Seriously, this. The thought of Jack didn't even come into my mind.

That line sounds more like Rhys to me...

• He sounds more like RHYS to me. But partly like handsome jack too. Almost like, their voices blended together. Also in screenshots you see a bunch of sharp objects that look like they're ready to heavily modify Rhys' body. Then in the trailer handsome Jack says "You used to idolize me, now you're going to be me".

I honestly think Rhys will turn into the new Handsome Jack, at the very least physically.

• That's... an interesting thought. Jack could be trying to use Rhys's body as his own... Now I'm scared that RHYS will die.

Greenzoid2 posted: »

He sounds more like RHYS to me. But partly like handsome jack too. Almost like, their voices blended together. Also in screenshots you see a

• It's definitely Jack. Just the way he pronounces words gives me a clear indication that it is.

• God no please!

That's... an interesting thought. Jack could be trying to use Rhys's body as his own... Now I'm scared that RHYS will die.

• Lol your welcome. You too!

Agreed. You've put most of my panic to rest, haha. Have fun playing the last ep.

• I actually agree with this phrase

• I am 99.999 percent sure it is Handsome Jack. If you listen to some of Dameon Clarke's interviews, you can tell. That, of listen to Cell from Dragon Ball Z. Another role for Dameon Clarke. At least, if I remember right Cell had a deeper voice than Handsome Jack lol.

• Yeah same. Didn't even consider it before coming here :P

ActionHank posted: »

Seriously, this. The thought of Jack didn't even come into my mind.

• edited October 2015

Jack who's inside of Rhys who-- wait... Jack who's inside of Rhys/Jack... Rhack?

RHACK

papai46 posted: »

God no please!

• I actually thought that it was Rhys saying that line. To me it sounded like Rhys was turning into a new Handsome Jack or something like that :P

• sounded like Rhys was turning into a new Handsome Jack

AHH STOPPPPPPPP!!!

nohuhhuh posted: »

I actually thought that it was Rhys saying that line. To me it sounded like Rhys was turning into a new Handsome Jack or something like that :P

• Well it is obviously Handsome Jack saying that line (or then Troy can do amazing Handsome Jack impression) so Handsome Rhys won't probably happen. Probably..

sounded like Rhys was turning into a new Handsome Jack AHH STOPPPPPPPP!!!

• Theories:

1. Rhys just got merged.
    2. Jack is dying. This mildly pleases me.
    3. He's redeemed himself...well, as far as a country-loving dictator can redeem himself.
  • ;n;

nohuhhuh posted: »

Well it is obviously Handsome Jack saying that line (or then Troy can do amazing Handsome Jack impression) so Handsome Rhys won't probably happen. Probably..

• Jack isnt dying

HES ALREADY DEAD

enter link description here

• I would be sad if anyone dies in the finale but I feel like Jack dying would be the saddest in its own way. Mainly since he's such an icon and an amazing character.

• That line hit me hard. I didn't cry over Jack, but it was a punch in the stomach.

• Welp. I cried.

I would be sad if anyone dies in the finale but I feel like Jack dying would be the saddest in its own way. Mainly since he's such an icon and an amazing character.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.