Could the stranger be...

I think the stranger is Lilith because who else will ask all these questions like.

enter image description here

and plus Lilith lost Roland and read what the stranger said
enter image description here

Comments

• Yeah, Im starting to think its Lilith too, BUT that would mean she'd need to appear in ep 5 at some point because in the trailer the Stranger says that he knows them, meaning we had to have met them atleast once.
  • It could be Mordecai

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah, Im starting to think its Lilith too, BUT that would mean she'd need to appear in ep 5 at some point because in the trailer the Stranger says that he knows them, meaning we had to have met them atleast once.

• Good theory.

I think the Stranger is a "grown up" Gortys. I'm guessing something happens to her when they try to open the vault, or maybe the addition of the final piece alters her personality somehow. The losing someone the Stranger cares about? Could be Gortys's own innocence, mourning her lost childhood, had to grow up too quickly, that sort of thing.

But really, I'd be surprised if that's correct, but it's my headcanon until Tuesday at least. :) But if I am correct, then using pronouns to refer to Strortys could get confusing.

• By your arguments it could be any of the Vault Hunters. Like Axton lost his job and wife in the same day and could simply be investigating the Gortys Project for some action and glory.

• Ok

Bluebirdo posted: »

Good theory. I think the Stranger is a "grown up" Gortys. I'm guessing something happens to her when they try to open the vault, or maybe

• I have to agree with Kennybadger. Your argumentation is kind of weak and vague so it could fit for anyone.

Many people think the stranger could be Lilith. In the official trailer for episode 5 the stranger states that he knows Fiona and Rhys meaning that they must have met him during the events of TftB (which doesn't apply for Lilith).

Kennybadger posted: »

By your arguments it could be any of the Vault Hunters. Like Axton lost his job and wife in the same day and could simply be investigating the Gortys Project for some action and glory.

• My guess would be Cassius or (less likely but hilariously) General Pollux.
    Due to the fact that Fiona says that she recognizes the outfit of the stranger.

Roymiller33 posted: »

I have to agree with Kennybadger. Your argumentation is kind of weak and vague so it could fit for anyone. Many people think the stranger

• I'd rather itt be someone we met

• Could of been General Pollux. Might explain why he's so determined to find Gortys, since he worked on creating it/her.
    I bet Fiona still has his eye too ;)

zeke10 posted: »

I'd rather itt be someone we met

• Ahahaha, I could totally see it being a year later and Fiona STILL inexplicably carrying it around in her spiffy new duds (even after Athena called her out on it being weird)...

Yhrite posted: »

Could of been General Pollux. Might explain why he's so determined to find Gortys, since he worked on creating it/her. I bet Fiona still has his eye too

• Yes, yes. There is discussion about it somewhere. You're not Columbus, sorry.

• I think everything FOR ME is leaning to the Vaughn.
    About lose someone you care about, maybe that could be Rhys , after he got um.. 'hacked' by Jack? , or maybe that Rhys just left Vaughn, after he done something wrong.
    It's just makes more sense , Vaughn knew them. He knews them even more, after they told story. Vaughn hates Rhys after he left them ( Or maybe he knows that's not Rhys or something)

• enter image description here i know who he is

• Really doubt it being her, doesn't quite fit her persona to hide behind a mask. From the pre-sequel and Borderlands 2, she becomes a much more louder and dominant type of person, not the kind who wears a disguise or who makes mistakes like we've seen the Stranger do. Assuming that while in the present, AI Jack is still in control of Helios I'm sure he's doing some bad stuff and the Vault Hunters probably are in hiding in one fashion or another, but again, Lilith just doesn't strike me as someone to be in disguise nor make those errors.

• How do you know Lilith doesnt appear in the past section of episode 5?

I have to agree with Kennybadger. Your argumentation is kind of weak and vague so it could fit for anyone. Many people think the stranger

• My guess is Pollux or Cassius. Still, though - no real idea.

• So, what if the person we should be concerned with isn't the stranger, but who hired the stranger. What I'm getting at, is we might find out the stranger was just hired to kidnap, and take us to someone else. Wouldn't that be a twist?

• For a while I've been thinking it was Handsome Jack's AI in a version of the Immortality Suit, modified for heavy use on Pandora, but recently I began thinking it's August. He actually has reason to go off on his own in search of answers since Vallory kept him in the dark about what Gortys actually is and

I know what it's like to lose someone you care about.

could be referring to his breakup with Sasha, or perhaps something worse happened...

But then again, he was present for a few of the events Rhys and Fiona are narrating, so I doubt he would be asking to hear stories about events he was a part of, namely the Helios Heist. Which then begs the question, can the Masked Man actually be anyone we've met throughout the game? Perhaps he/she's someone who's had a passing interest in the Gortys Project and has ties to some clandestine groups who know things about Pandora most don't, or maybe they're an Atlas employee who went dark and off the grid after learning about Athena's rampage, etc.

• Felix: I got lucky, real lucky.™

i know who he is

• At first I was curious if the Stranger would be Sasha and Vaughn (I was going to make a joke thread of this) but then I found out the Lilith theory and I am completely on board with it!

• Mordecai's probably the stranger.

• Did anybody assumed it's Moxxi yet? :D She was the one looking for the Gortys project in the first place... Or yeah, hired whoever it is in that funny suit... Technically, it could be an endless chain of this guy hired this guy who hired this guy %\
    Maybe the-person-we-don't-know-yet is not such a bad idea? Someone who will though make appearance in further BLs... 'Cause seriously so far (from all theories I've seen everywhere) nobody makes sense enter image description here

• Haven't seen anyone speculate Moxxi being the Stranger but I doubt it's really her for the same reason I don't believe it to be the old guy from episode 4.

See in episode 1, The Stranger drags Rhys one-handed across dirt/sand so whomever it is has some measure of strength so I don't believe she can be a realistic option.

Did anybody assumed it's Moxxi yet? She was the one looking for the Gortys project in the first place... Or yeah, hired whoever it is in th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.