HOLY S>>> WE BLEW IT UP..but wait that does not fit with a early scean?

HOLY CRAP WE DESTROYED THAT STUPID EVIL BASE HEILOS YESSSS that is all I ever wanted to do since i first played Borderlands 2 and it finally happened o it was so satisfying you have no idea..but and trust me i hate to spoil such a great moment this make and earlier scene a huge plot hole.
enter image description here

What the hell did they just put that there so we would not guess case that's kind of a dick move if they did or did they just make one huge mistake when making that scene it was ep 1 after all.

Comments

• Those earlier scenes were updated to remove Helios and Elpis from the sky, actually.

• What are you serious. That's kinda of an awesome and dick move on telltale part then in less they did not know that they would be destroying the base at that point but still. my hopes of destroying helios were broken when i first saw that scene

ActionHank posted: »

Those earlier scenes were updated to remove Helios and Elpis from the sky, actually.

• Since I went back last week and replayed the episodes, I can confirm that Helios and Elpis were removed from this shot in Episode 1.

jdgjordan posted: »

What are you serious. That's kinda of an awesome and dick move on telltale part then in less they did not know that they would be destroying the base at that point but still. my hopes of destroying helios were broken when i first saw that scene

• I believe the later episodes were changed tremendously, hence why a lot of the achievement names don't line up. I guess in the original script, Helios would not be destroyed.

• I don't know about that. I mean Gearbox would want a set out story if this was going to lead into BL3, and having something like Helios being destroyed would have to be set up quite early.

ponds75 posted: »

I believe the later episodes were changed tremendously, hence why a lot of the achievement names don't line up. I guess in the original script, Helios would not be destroyed.

• Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep ENDING - BORDERLANDS 2

So what's going to happen in BL3, what happened to the Vault Hunter's assault?

• I guess we beat them to it. I like to think that just as they finally get ready, got all there gear up and are plumbed up and ready to go there sitting in there space ship counting down to blast off. suddenly the space station starts to fall down to Pandora and all the vault hunters are like AWW WHAT F<<< MAN.

So what's going to happen in BL3, what happened to the Vault Hunter's assault?

• I would love to see their faces :D hahaha would be a funny intro scene or cutscene for BL3

jdgjordan posted: »

I guess we beat them to it. I like to think that just as they finally get ready, got all there gear up and are plumbed up and ready to go th

• The actual story is invading Helios was SUPPOSED to be the plotline for a DLC expansion for Borderlands 2 but technical limitations meant they couldn't do another expansion on present-day hardware. So, the only option was to create a separate game. The Pre-Sequel evolved from their plan to invade Helios but they decided to instead make it BEFORE Borderlands 2, starring a new set of Vault Hunters.

So that's why the plot has roughly the same idea of retaking Helios from Zarpedon's crew. The whole plan to retake Helios from Hyperion was scraped because it became the plot of the Pre-Sequel.

You'd be surprised how many Borderlands fans are STUNNED by this, as if the idea of Helios not being retaken in a mission never occurred to them despite it happening in the Pre-Sequel.

• edited October 2015

Well to be fair there probably thinking more on the lines of going up there and totally destroying the base not taking it over like we did in pre. Witch is what so many of us wanted to see, is that space station go to hell. As it was the only real plot point left still standing after Borderlands 2.

The actual story is invading Helios was SUPPOSED to be the plotline for a DLC expansion for Borderlands 2 but technical limitations meant th

• They just answered why this happened in the AMA they hosted earlier.

enter image description here

• Did not know about this thank you very much for posting it.

They just answered why this happened in the AMA they hosted earlier.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.