Why were Fiona and Rhys mad at each other at the beginning of episode 1?

Before they got separated in episode 5 they weren't mad at each other.

EDIT: I guess Fiona thought Rhys joined Jack? and Rhys thought Fiona left him

Comments

• edited October 2015

It got explained when they finished telling the story, but the beginning makes little sense anyways.

• edited October 2015

I think they alluded to it being that Rhys thought Fiona left without him, and Fiona thought Rhys betrayed them by taking Helios. But honestly I think it was that they didn't have the whole story figured out yet.

• You can tell there was rewrites, Rhys' reason made more sense, I mean the last time Rhys and Fiona can talk, they still seem friendly, that plus me telling Fiona about Jack and rejecting, Fiona really shouldnt have been mad.

• edited October 2015

What was the explanation? I guess I wasn't paying attention

Reliqum posted: »

It got explained when they finished telling the story, but the beginning makes little sense anyways.

• They had way less info than we did.

Rhys assumed Fiona abandoned him. Fiona assumed Rhys betrayed him over Handsome Jack.

Even if you were honest about Jack, Fiona wasn't there for that whole thing, and in her eyes, well, it's not like it's out of character for her to assume the worst in him. Plus, it wasn't a great reunion in terms of atmosphere. They were both kidnapped and likely a bit stressed out about it.

• If Rhys accept to rule Hyperion, Fiona has a lot of reason to be mad. If Rhys rejects Hyperion and tell Fiona and Sasha about HJ, she is mad that Rhys only told them when he got backed into a corner and not being honest from the start.

Granted, I don't mind it that much.

• Ah! That makes sense. I was just replaying the game and I was wondering why Rhys and Fiona were mad at each other.

Demarcoa posted: »

They had way less info than we did. Rhys assumed Fiona abandoned him. Fiona assumed Rhys betrayed him over Handsome Jack. Even if you

• That's an excellent point. :)

Demarcoa posted: »

They had way less info than we did. Rhys assumed Fiona abandoned him. Fiona assumed Rhys betrayed him over Handsome Jack. Even if you

• Yeah, and I had to think about a lot of this, too. Perspective is very tricky in a game like this, because we're constantly switching between the two of them. It was easy to forget what each knew and didn't know, and that affects a lot of their behavior throughout the story

Ah! That makes sense. I was just replaying the game and I was wondering why Rhys and Fiona were mad at each other.

• edited October 2015

Rhys had to destroy Helios and Fiona was forced to kill cute little Gortys, plus no one got into the Vault. I think they were just frustrated at how things turned out and had to blame some one, aka each other.

I was expecting something different but I like what we got.

• Rhys thought the girls ditched him on Helios, that's regardless of choices and in his place I would have been angry too. Fiona's reasons tend to change, she either says that Rhys and Jack ruined her life, or she complains about Rhys being attracted to Sasha.

• Was Rhys looking for Fiona ever explained?

• Well it is revealed that it is Loader Bot, who wanted to find his friends and get them all back together to save Gortys so I think that it was him contacting Rhys and pretending to be Fiona to settle things down. I don't know, makes sense.

Jake360 posted: »

Was Rhys looking for Fiona ever explained?

• How do you know that ?

Green613 posted: »

I think they alluded to it being that Rhys thought Fiona left without him, and Fiona thought Rhys betrayed them by taking Helios. But honestly I think it was that they didn't have the whole story figured out yet.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.