What's wrong with his voice?? (minor spoilers)

What's wrong with Zero's voice? Why does he sound like that? Zero always sounded closer to what the stranger sounded like... does anyone know what's going on here?

EDIT: just took a quick clip with the Xbox if you haven't heard it in this.
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/30214597-7edc-42a1-b578-43cec599bf80?gamerTag=MartyVendetta27&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

Comments

• Haven't heard it got a vid

• What I've been reading about Zer0 on the internet indicates that they are a non-binary character, use they/them pronouns and are supposed to sound androgynous.

Bu I also want to know why the inconsistency. It is the same VA according to the credits.

• yep! just edited the original post to include a link.

zeke10 posted: »

Haven't heard it got a vid

• yeah, I don't mind Zero being non-binary, it's just the change in voice that is so jarring. and you say it's the same actor huh? curiouser and curiouser...

Abeille posted: »

What I've been reading about Zer0 on the internet indicates that they are a non-binary character, use they/them pronouns and are supposed to

• edited October 2015

According to the credits, yeah. But there were errors on the credits before.

In GoT, they put the wrong name for Lord Rickard Margryn's VA on episode 4's credits if I'm not mistaken (might have been episode 3, or even both), which made people think he was recasted when a tweet about episode 6 referred to the right VA. It was a mistake though, he wasn't recasted.

yeah, I don't mind Zero being non-binary, it's just the change in voice that is so jarring. and you say it's the same actor huh? curiouser and curiouser...

• Yeah.. I think one of the staff from todays AMA said this was definitely a glitch.

• so, I wasn't aware of the AMA, but I just found the answer. on page 5 when asked about the difference, they answered "There might be a glitch in the mainframe."

honestly, I don't think that's saying there's a real glitch, I think it's a hint at future character development, and in doing so, answers the question of what Zero really is. most people assumed alien or robot (or android, whatever), and this sorta confirms it.

with TTG working closely with Gearbox, i'm betting there's some future-hinting going on here.

Enigma12 posted: »

Yeah.. I think one of the staff from todays AMA said this was definitely a glitch.

• Oh damn I never really thought about it like that. but in any case, Zero is a badass :D

so, I wasn't aware of the AMA, but I just found the answer. on page 5 when asked about the difference, they answered "There might be a glitc

• i kinda loved it. tbh zer0s normal voice annoys me bc it just sounds like a guys voice not a gender neutral alien/ robot mystery thing. in this ep it kinda reminded me of the eridian at the end of the pre-sequel which i loved bc it gave me theory-fodder. although yes it was jarring for it to change.

• Gbx has said before they don't wanna reveal his origins

so, I wasn't aware of the AMA, but I just found the answer. on page 5 when asked about the difference, they answered "There might be a glitc

• Maybe his last battle messed up his vocal chords ?

yep! just edited the original post to include a link.

• In the ask me anything last night Telltale staff said it was a glitch, so it may be fixed in the future, also his voice sounds like what his voice actor does, there are a few clips in episode 1 of Zer0 without any voice editing and he basically sounds like what he did in episode 5

• Maybe he just ate a burriiiitoooo.

Heheh... heh... he...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.