Jack's Plan

I don't really understand Jack's whole "robot army" plan. He wanted to stuff robotic endoskeletons into dead bodies, so that he could control an army all by himself? That's cool and all, but... Why would he go to the effort of meticulously extracting bones from a corpse, delicately placing a skeleton inside, and sewing it back up when he can just, uh, use actual robots? What is the benefit of having a tiny layer of human flesh over a robo-skeleton when he can just upload his AI into some Hyperion Loaders or something? Or if the endoskeleton is so great, why couldn't he could just put a layer of actual armor over the endoskeleton?

And hey, look at Loaderbot; he's using the endoskeleton, no human flesh or anything, and he's still a really tough guy. He knocks Rhys out cold with a single blow in Episode 1, and he doesn't have any difficulties handling a gun. He would already make a great soldier in that state, so why stuff him into a corpse?

I just don't get why he'd need to use actual human hosts while the technology for robots is already pretty solid. Maybe I'm overlooking something, but it seemed like a huge plot hole to me.

Comments

• I could understand if it was to make undercover soldiers.

• Yeah, but he planned on taking over entire bandit camps. The reasoning is kinda weird.

I could understand if it was to make undercover soldiers.

• Well his plan wasn't really all about efficiency, it was more for the sake of feeling like a god, he wanted to be everywhere and everyone.

• He wanted an army of securitrons so that he could destroy the NCR and Legion and then he'd rule the Mojave.

Oh whoops, wrong game :P

But it's Handsome Jack guys, as long as your that Handsome it'll always work out

• I thought his plan was odd as well. As if he really hadn't thought it through. From what I understand, he wanted to pretty much make an army of himself, uploading his AI into a ton of corpses using that endoskeleton. I just can't see having multiple copies of himself active being a good thing. Wouldn't they all eventually start fighting each other over who the real Jack was? There would be a Jack civil war, all of them fighting over power.

Jack's a nutcase, though, who knows how his thought process works. :P

• Honestly I'm just glad that Loaderbot is the one true Loaderbot and not Jacks AI downloaded on a Loaderbot before they crashed

• Yeah, insanity sounds pretty plausible. He was in Rhys' head for so long, he might've been getting too eager to kill and conquer again. Kind of weird that he'd find it necessary to wear corpses over the endoskeleton though.

Deadpoolian posted: »

I thought his plan was odd as well. As if he really hadn't thought it through. From what I understand, he wanted to pretty much make an army

• Hyperion didn't have Jack's AI back when Loaderbot was deployed.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Honestly I'm just glad that Loaderbot is the one true Loaderbot and not Jacks AI downloaded on a Loaderbot before they crashed

• The Tales from the Mojave wasteland, good times... Damn I'm hyping so bad for Fallout 4.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

He wanted an army of securitrons so that he could destroy the NCR and Legion and then he'd rule the Mojave. Oh whoops, wrong game :P But it's Handsome Jack guys, as long as your that Handsome it'll always work out

• Plot and literally nothing else.

• I think the whole corpse thing was because he wanted to look and feel human again, not just be a robot. So I can kinda understand wanting a corpse for his own personal endoskeleton, but wanting one for his entire army seemed like overkill, haha.

Piggs posted: »

Yeah, insanity sounds pretty plausible. He was in Rhys' head for so long, he might've been getting too eager to kill and conquer again. Kind of weird that he'd find it necessary to wear corpses over the endoskeleton though.

• Lemme guess, the plot's plot armour, right?

Plot and literally nothing else.

• Didn't the suit make the user immortal? I mean robots still rust

• Um, when does he say "army"? I thought he only wanted to do it to Rhys.

• edited October 2015

That whole scene went from "cool, I'm in charge now!" to "...that seems like a strange plan" to "wait you want me to be the first one, why!?" to "bye".

Wish choosing to rule Hyperion led to some extra scene or dialogue during his final speech instead of getting almost nothing out of it.

• Could be he wants to feel human again or maybe the whole "Invincible" A.I. thing that can have unlimited control probably got to his head considering that he's an egotistical nutcase who thinks he's the only "smart" one on Helios.

• Nope. I haven't seen what happens in playthroughs when you don't trust Jack, but when you trust him, he mentions putting the endoskeletons in dead hyperion soldiers, or dead bandits from recently conquered camps.

AChicken posted: »

Um, when does he say "army"? I thought he only wanted to do it to Rhys.

• Nah. Borderlands has plot armour but it isn't horrifically abused the same way it is in other series (like, TWD and Ramsay). The "Time heals all wounds" thing was pretty bad and plot armour-ish though...

Lemme guess, the plot's plot armour, right?

• Because Jack wants an undead army of robot zombie bandit Jacks.

Duh.

• Maybe A.I. Jack feels the need to put himself into people and wear them like meat suits. What Namayaka (whatever) programed him for.

• I'm just disappointed that we're not given the choice to accept. Choosing the rule Hyperion feels useless now. :( Maybe it's just me, but I'd be more than willing to be a Jack-Robot for him.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.