I'm curious did any one not chose her(spoilers)

So obliviously when you play ep 5 at the end you get to pick your team. And the highest pick was Athena(no shocker there) so my question is who here did not end up picking her there first time playing ep 5. Because i sure as hell picked her up how could you not after what we went threw with her so i am just curious if there is any one who did not. And fell free to explain why you did of course pick her.

Comments

• I didn't, I wanted to see how a team of the biggest losers would do, so I picked the mystery character, Felix and Cassius, when Felix didn't come I brought August along instead.

• edited October 2015

Athena is the obvious choice. That's it. I don't know why minority of the people picked Felix.

SPOILERS AHEAD (Even for those who have played the episode)
    If you picked Felix, he later reveals he is just working on a bigger scam and that he never betrayed Fiona and Sasha. Also, he switched all the money with fake ones before it blew up (No idea how he done that) but he said that Fiona was unconcious for awhile. He also gives you 9 mil dollars which allows you to buy CL4P-TRAP.

• I don't know why minority of the people picked Felix.

Probably because the majority either shot or blew him up in episode 1.

Athena is the obvious choice. That's it. I don't know why minority of the people picked Felix. SPOILERS AHEAD (Even for those who have pl

• When I reached that point, I thought that I needed some of the best vault hunters possible. I just couldn't resist picking Athena and Zer0. I picked Janey because I thought we needed someone who know how to repair stuff and Athena and her would no doubt work well together. I probably should have picked Cassius, because his contribution is extremely badass.

• Money really makes the world go around. Those people would probably shoot their father irl if their father took 10m for him.

dojo32161 posted: »

I don't know why minority of the people picked Felix. Probably because the majority either shot or blew him up in episode 1.

• edited October 2015

Well, from the strategical point of view, taking her might've been the smartest choice - but, unlike in other telltale's games, when playing TFTB I sometimes allow myself the luxury of picking the choices, that might not be very smart, but are more pleasant and fun for me. I figured, that we'd succeed with the monster no matter what teammates we pick - because, let's be honest, telltale simply can't make our choices matter THAT much, at least not yet - so I decided I'll just take my favourite heroes. And that left Athena no chance, because I'm one of those few (or, maybe, the only one) who actually hate her.

The whole "badass cold-hearted vengeful warrior with a soft spot deep inside" thing practically never works for me - didn't work that time, that's for sure. From the very beginning my attitude towards her was like: "Stop. Stop it. Stop talking to me. Go away. Go away and never come back. I don't need you. I don't like you. I'm not interested in you. I don't care about your other side or your backstory - stop trying to shove it into my face. You are not cool. Stop trying to create a forced bond between us. It will never happen. And for fuck's sake, never, NEVER talk to me again - because your fucking voice makes my ears bleed every time you speak at least a bit louder than usually." I still threw her that shield, because doing otherwise would've been ungrateful of me - but I felt genuinely relieved when the Vault hunters took her away. They didn't kill her or anything, so I wasn't mad at them - I actually liked those two more than her and would've gladly taken them into my team if the opportunity presented itself. And of course, I would never willingly bring her back to my playthrough if there was the slightest chance to avoid it.

• I'm suprise how so many people didn't pick August when choosing him was justified from a storyline standpoint.

• I didn't pick Athena simply because my sister did in her game, and we wanted to see different results. So my final team was August, Janey, and Cassius while her team was Athena, Zer0, and Claptrap.

• I picked Athena, August, and Cassius because it seemed like they fit best in terms of story. I mean, to leave out August and Athena in the finale? That's crazy! It was a tie between Springs and Cassius for me, but I chose Cassius because I liked the character in Episode 3 (And wasn't that a good choice!).

I'm really glad I picked all of them in the long run! It felt like a really solid team!

• I picked Felix, August, Athena and ClapTrap. I would have picked Zer0 instead of Athena but he was not availible.

• Already did. Don't worry though, we were able to afford a decent funeral.

Money really makes the world go around. Those people would probably shoot their father irl if their father took 10m for him.

• Dude same, except I used the money from Felix to get the mystery character.

I didn't, I wanted to see how a team of the biggest losers would do, so I picked the mystery character, Felix and Cassius, when Felix didn't come I brought August along instead.

• What. Screw that, I'm glad I kept the money when he didn't show. 9 million for what, a joke?

Athena is the obvious choice. That's it. I don't know why minority of the people picked Felix. SPOILERS AHEAD (Even for those who have pl

• losers lmaooo

I didn't, I wanted to see how a team of the biggest losers would do, so I picked the mystery character, Felix and Cassius, when Felix didn't come I brought August along instead.

• I used felix Athena and august when felix didn't come I chose mystery vault hunter how do you get zer0? because I have no idea how to unlock him

• You have to tell Mordecai you are a vault hunter

I used felix Athena and august when felix didn't come I chose mystery vault hunter how do you get zer0? because I have no idea how to unlock him

• I did that but it still didn't unlock I guess I will try to do this again tonight

Duck_Hunt posted: »

You have to tell Mordecai you are a vault hunter

• edited October 2015

Really? when the choices screen came up for me at the end, August was the 2nd most picked after Athena.

I'm suprise how so many people didn't pick August when choosing him was justified from a storyline standpoint.

• How'd you pick 4 people? Thought it was limited to three.

I picked Felix, August, Athena and ClapTrap. I would have picked Zer0 instead of Athena but he was not availible.

• Yeah, but if you pick Felix, you get an additional scene and dialogue with him. He does some explaining about why he can't join you and leaves a 'small' gift for you instead. Afterwards you get to pick his replacement on the team from the remaining people.

pcharl01 posted: »

How'd you pick 4 people? Thought it was limited to three.

• GET AWAY FROM ME YOU HEARTLESS... PR... ICK

Rock114 posted: »

Already did. Don't worry though, we were able to afford a decent funeral.

• @pcharl01 That's why picking Felix is the obvious choice, I don't get why minority picked him.

pcharl01 posted: »

How'd you pick 4 people? Thought it was limited to three.

• Just tell everyone in the game you're a VH.

I did that but it still didn't unlock I guess I will try to do this again tonight

• You, I like you.

Rock114 posted: »

Already did. Don't worry though, we were able to afford a decent funeral.

• I don't have a choice, athena is one of the only three that will come along. I wonder what happens if you piss everyone off...

• edited October 2015

Wait if he replaced the money for fake ones why did he feel the need to open it still when he's shot? He would have already seen what the money looks like.

• edited October 2015

I think that's because in most people's games he's kinda too dead to help. :P

@pcharl01 That's why picking Felix is the obvious choice, I don't get why minority picked him.

• edited October 2015

Personaly, I think this situation is something like the Schrodinger's Question. It all depends on whelter you told him about the bomb or not.

If you warned him, then it was always his plan to play the long con. Thus, he knew about the bomb, disabled it, had the fake money ready and swaped with the real money, had the case explode and all the fault shifted to him, so that Fiona and Sasha were relatively save from Vallory, while still getting the cash (though like he said, he didn't predict the armorie falling out of the caravan during the escape).

If you didn't warn him (or just shot him) then there was never any long con. He just realised they were screwing with Vallory, so he had tried to steal all the cash and escape. Thus, he didn't know about the bomb, never opened the case while Fiona was unconcious, never had any fake money to swap, and in the end got killed by the bomb and Fiona.

Anyway, it's just my take on this. Feel free to agree or disagree.

Miny77 posted: »

Wait if he replaced the money for fake ones why did he feel the need to open it still when he's shot? He would have already seen what the money looks like.

• enter image description here

fayescarlet posted: »

I didn't pick Athena simply because my sister did in her game, and we wanted to see different results. So my final team was August, Janey, and Cassius while her team was Athena, Zer0, and Claptrap.

• But that would be lying
    enter image description here

Just tell everyone in the game you're a VH.

• You don't get anyone but Lilith for a choice.

Vold posted: »

I don't have a choice, athena is one of the only three that will come along. I wonder what happens if you piss everyone off...

• I couldn't pass up Athena, and her dialogue while she's controlling Gortys was epic.

• "Come-on-come-on-come-on-come-on, here we go! WAOOOOW!"

MosesARose posted: »

I couldn't pass up Athena, and her dialogue while she's controlling Gortys was epic.

• Here we go - here we go - here we go BOOYA!! That one had me laugh so hard.

"Come-on-come-on-come-on-come-on, here we go! WAOOOOW!"

• Yeah she was going crazy in there haha. it was kinda adorable.

MosesARose posted: »

Here we go - here we go - here we go BOOYA!! That one had me laugh so hard.

• Yeah, especially when she's with Janey. They are so cute together.

Enigma12 posted: »

Yeah she was going crazy in there haha. it was kinda adorable.

• My original team was August, Felix and Janey. Since Felix pays his way out however, I ended up picking her.

So yeah you know... originally I didn't pick her.

• My team was August, Zer0 and one more. I'd picked August because he was one of my favourite characters, and Zer0 because I was as much of a fanboy to him as Rhys was (And I've only played Borderlands 1). That left Athena, Janey, Cassius, Felix and the Mystery Vault Hunter (oooOOOooo). I hadn't saved all my money, so that ruled out the Mystery Vault Hunter (oooOOOooo). Cassius was my least favourite character, so there was no way he was being on my team. I figured Athena and Janey could stay together and I could only choose one, so I ended up choosing Felix out of process of elimination. That WOULD have been my team, if Felix didn't chicken his way out (But he did leave a fair bit of cash behind). I had the choice of Athena, Janey and the Mystery Vault Hunter (oooOOOooo). I could afford the last one now, and curiosity got the best of me, so my team was finally decided. (I'm so glad I chose this, especially after finding out the Mystery Vault Hunter (oooOOOooo) was CL4P-TP. I laughed my fuckin' head off!)

• It's not about money it's about the fact that he (seemingly) abandoned them for money, and players/fiona felt betrayed and vengeful.

Money really makes the world go around. Those people would probably shoot their father irl if their father took 10m for him.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.