Was it humane to...

...keep the Handsome Jack AI?

Jack is my favorite character of the entire franchise. He was the only reason I played more than 5 minutes of Borderlands 2 and the only reason I even considered buying TPS. He's easily one of my favorite villains ever, and I wish Telltale had been allowed to keep the option to remain with Jack at the end, especially after his powerful final scene.

I'm wondering though, is it good to keep the eye uncrushed? A lot of Jack fans say it's because they want to see him live on, and I do too, very much, but the in-game choices say this is "keeping Jack imprisoned" rather than saving him. From what he tells Rhys the digital void he lived in is horrible, and there's nothing there at all. As a massive Jack fan, I thought crushing the eye was the better option rather than keeping him trapped. If Season 2 deals with Rhys and Fiona directly and the eye plays a role, I'll go back and redo it, but from what I can tell crushing the eye is the humane, pro-Jack thing to do.

What do you think?

Comments

• Oh.... OH. OH NO.

I didn't even think of it that way? I just wanted to keep the eye in case there was a way to help him later. Oh my god I've imprisoned him forever in a hellish limbo what have I done

• I bought this game cuz of Handsome Jack.

• I crushed it, I just don't want him to manipulate Rhys anymore. He clearly destroys the relantionship between Rhys and Sasha, the ones who I ship the most, if sided with him a lot.

• I kept it in hopes I could place him into something like a harmless claptrap or something, where he wouldn't have to live in nothingless but instead be doomed to not be able to do shit anymore 8D

• I could place him into something like a harmless claptrap or something

Handsome Jack in a ClapTrap?

enter image description here

SCR4P-TP posted: »

I kept it in hopes I could place him into something like a harmless claptrap or something, where he wouldn't have to live in nothingless but instead be doomed to not be able to do shit anymore 8D

• edited October 2015

Destroyed it because although I like Handsome Jack and all... I'd literally not want to have to deal with him again.

And have you guys ever watched death note? Well I am kinda like N where I respect Jack and all, but he's a failure. And we don't need failures to keep thinking they can rule the world. Not on pandora.

• i think "imprisoned" was a figure of speech, he has most likely just been turned off, and he is stored in the memory of the eye thing

• Yes. Put him into something he hates, the perfect plan.

ZapThroat posted: »

I could place him into something like a harmless claptrap or something Handsome Jack in a ClapTrap?

• I kept him imprisoned in the hopes of reviving him and putting him into a body. I just can't let go of Jack, he's too loveable. Even if he tried to kill Rhys.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.