The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited February 2023

Great energy from these two and its cool to see Zak Garriss be officially a part of the new Telltale. If this does well I can see Telltale partnering with Deck Nine long term.

lupinb0y posted: »

Telltale released a dev gameplay commentary for the Expanse! It all looks solid so far! QTE's are back, there's exploration, graphics

• Hmm, not a fan of just binary dialogue choices. Losing the timer is fine I suppose, but I'm going to miss the sense of urgency while making those choices. I wonder if they're planning to implement that to Wolf as well, this might just be a Deck nine thing after all.

Otherwise looks good. Having optional conversations based on how well you do on the scavenging missions sounds like a fun mechanic, however I kinda doubt it's going to influence the ending much. I know this is a new team and all, but we've heard that one before, Telltale.

Telltale released a dev gameplay commentary for the Expanse! It all looks solid so far! QTE's are back, there's exploration, graphics

• Exploration seems like the coolest aspect to me. However, this game feels way more like a LIS game rather than a Telltale game imo. Not that is a bad thing as its obviously a different style, but it seems like there is no timers, only 2 choices with lengthy in-betweens, which is much more LIS than Telltale. I hope choices have overall larger impacts as I am becoming more and more weary whenever "The Ending" is brought up with how choices change the story as more and more that talking point feels more like "Nothing changes until the last 10 minutes" rather than something throughout. Mainly just hoping choices feel meaningful (and the choice of supplies or cutting someone's leg off are already types of choices I really like) because I felt True Color's choices felt like they didnt mean anything substantial.

So 100% not disappointed, but this kind of feels like more a Deck Nine game published by Telltale rather than Telltale's return if that makes sense. I'm still excited to check it out.

• Guess we should start flocking to the Expanse section if they're finally starting their big marketing push for the release later this year.

Pretty cool stuff, what interests me most is how much more expansive (lol) the exploration seems to be. Waypoints, and secondary objectives?
    It's probably just a crutch to guide the player along, but it seems like a major improvement to the smaller Hubs the old games had.

• the virgin expanse section vs the chad literally post anything and everything in the whatever's on your mind megathread instead

AChicken posted: »

Guess we should start flocking to the Expanse section if they're finally starting their big marketing push for the release later this year.

• edited February 2023

So 100% not disappointed, but this kind of feels like more a Deck Nine game published by Telltale rather than Telltale's return if that makes sense. I'm still excited to check it out.

I actually kinda hope that's the case for Telltale's games going forward. If all of their games ends up being a collaboration of some sort, I'd like it if each of them had a distinct look and feel to them that sets them apart. Instead of old Telltale their games, outside of TFS and maybe Minecraft, felt pretty much the same.

Like maybe Wolf 2 will play more like a "classic" Telltale game, but Expanse and whatever their third IP is will feel and play a little differently.

Poogers555 posted: »

Exploration seems like the coolest aspect to me. However, this game feels way more like a LIS game rather than a Telltale game imo. Not that

• I do hope Wolf 2 has a bit more of that classic Telltale feel. I like the LIS games enough, but I always preferred Telltale's style as they felt more cinematic and gave players a lot more agency with a lot more chances to talk in a conversation and the timer helped everything flow well and made you feel a lot more a part of the conversation. Plus I feel Telltale games consistently had really good choices (although I know its debatable how well they were followed through on) but point is the choices were really memorable with what the dilemma was. LIS I remember the story well but not so much the choices, except for a few that kind of hit you like a truck like in lis2 ep 4.

I think the choice system of a Telltale Game and the exploration of LIS games would be a pretty solid mixture, and with Wolf 2 hopefully some cool detective gameplay will be in the mix because Wolf 1 really lacks any kind of detective work from a gameplay perspective. But if I had to chose, I hope Wolf 2 is similar to classic Telltale. (Ironically, even though that style has been considered basic, I still think its funny New Tales tried to emulate clearly didnt understand the appeal)

So 100% not disappointed, but this kind of feels like more a Deck Nine game published by Telltale rather than Telltale's return if that make

• New Tales go more than 1 month without being 50% off challenge (impossible)

ʸᵉˢ, ᴵ ʷᶦˡˡ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ˢᵗᵒᵖ ᵇᵉᶦⁿᵍ ᵛᵉʳʸ ᵖᵉᵗᵗʸ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᴺᵉʷ ᵀᵃˡᵉˢ.

• DechartGames (Bryan Dechart and Amelia Rose) haven't completed TWDG Definitive. I wondered why and it seems theres a couple of reasons.

First is that they say the TWDG Definitive is "too depressing", which imo feels weird for them to say especially since they've played games like Last of Us. Heck even Detroit Become Human was frustrating for them at times. Yet when they played Season 1 and 2 of TWDG, they're frustrated and claimed that it wasn't positive or healthy to play.

Second was that many people were having negative reactions to Amelia's choices, mainly due to her killing Kenny.
    https://imgur.com/jJ1txOi (someone called Amelia dumb as hell)
    https://imgur.com/GGRFdYO(oddly enough they've only responded to the negative comments instead of the nicer ones)
    Now I realize how toxic choice based game players can be when they see someone that makes a choice that they disprove of. And if I'm being honest, I feel like TWDG players are the most toxic out of the other choice games.

• Aaahhhhhh, I'd buy it at a high price.

• edited February 2023

Way to kill the hype this quickly, Rocksteady.

EDIT: I just forgot that this is supposed to be Kevin Conroy main departure from his Batman role. Are you for real with this, Rocksteady? Huge disrespect to a legend.

• What are they gonna do, rebuild the entire game because the voice actor for one of the characters died, and fans don't find the direction the franchise going any good?

I am pretty letdown too by what they showed, but let's be realistic here.

AronDracula posted: »

Way to kill the hype this quickly, Rocksteady. https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1628891098415304714 EDIT: I just forgot that this is sup

• Looks like next post is 1000.
    We expect some earth-shattering revelation or major pearl of wisdom.

captainivy1 posted: »

What are they gonna do, rebuild the entire game because the voice actor for one of the characters died, and fans don't find the direction the franchise going any good? I am pretty letdown too by what they showed, but let's be realistic here.

• When did I say they have to remake the game? I don't think it needs to when they can just make the solo campaign offline.

If the single player campaign requires online connection, it will be DOA. Just like Marvel's Avengers. Just like Anthem. Let me remind you, this is what Rocksteady has been working on since Arkham Knight. 8 years

What are they gonna do, rebuild the entire game because the voice actor for one of the characters died, and fans don't find the direction the franchise going any good? I am pretty letdown too by what they showed, but let's be realistic here.

• I think the main issue is that the game was clearly made to be an online game but just claims its just as much of a solo adventure when in reality it really isnt and will probably suffer the same fate as Avengers did where it literally couldnt decide what it was. So yes they 100% could just disable the internet thing, but they probably wont. But its not like it would change much in what the quality would be to be honest.

I actually really dont like this being the Arkham universe. Feels tonally completely off and we kill Batman and he stays dead in this game, that feels pretty insulting to this version of Batman's character.

In general the game was designed this way and its way too far in development for changes. Small things like being able to play offline would be great, but it doesnt change this game is looking like a farm waves of enemies kind of game. Not super caught up on everything about this game, but its online only because whatever currency crap that happens will be tied online so people dont "cheat" by skipping grinds.

AronDracula posted: »

When did I say they have to remake the game? I don't think it needs to when they can just make the solo campaign offline. If the single p

• edited February 2023

Skybound has officially cancelled the Clem and Lee statues, almost 3 years after announcing them and never providing a solid timeframe as to when they can be expected. They outright said they have failed and have no confidence in their ability to deliver it in any meaningful time period.

As a result, those who ordered versions of the Definitive Edition will get a $150 check in the mail.

So I got the email they sent out, and they are absolutely brutal towards themselves, pretty much acknowledging they fucked up and send their apologies to everyone for their mistakes.

• edited February 2023

Yeah, even with no online connection, this game just doesn't look very appealing. The characters are floaty as hell and it feels more like Sunset Overdrive: DC Edition. They even dared to call it a genre-defying, even though rhe Borderlands franchise did the looter shooter thing first. It doesn't help that the graphics look worse than Arkham Knight. I get that this isn't a Batman game, he is not main protagonist but this still takes place in the Arkhamverse.

I was willing to give this game a shot at some point in the future. But with the online connection for single player, it is already a hard pass. Not to mention, if they shut down the servers, the single player mode will go away as well.

I think the main issue is that the game was clearly made to be an online game but just claims its just as much of a solo adventure when in r

• Very sorry to hear that. At least they didn't pull the same mistake as Bethesda did with Fallout 76 merch.

Skybound has officially cancelled the Clem and Lee statues, almost 3 years after announcing them and never providing a solid timeframe as to

• I wonder what went so wrong with this? It was probably a bit of a mistake to announce them after the first statues were considered low quality, but the fact so much time has passed and then for them to just fully move on makes me really interested in why this happened

Skybound has officially cancelled the Clem and Lee statues, almost 3 years after announcing them and never providing a solid timeframe as to

• edited February 2023

They made a public statement on the Skybound website.

We know many of you have been patiently waiting for this statue for far too long. We understand your disappointment —because we are disappointed too. We wanted to see this statue in the hands of fans, but as production continued, we encountered many setbacks – from design challenges and production delays to massive global supply chain issues from the COVID-19 pandemic that impacted collectibles manufacturing. In addition to these challenges, ultimately, the statue has not met our expectations in depicting our Lee and Clementine, and our collaboration with Level52 on this project will not continue.

It seems that a bunch of stuff along with Covid just snowballed into one giant problem that unfortunately couldn't be fixed.

We had every hope that we would be able to deliver something that lived up to all of our expectations, but because that is no longer feasible, our only option is to issue refunds. Despite us having fully paid for production on the statue, we are issuing refunds because this is our fault, not yours.

At least they're being straightforward with it, and the refunds are great.

However, I straight up did not receive any of the stuff from the pack I ordered lmao. I've sent several emails over the course of 3 years asking about it only to be told that they'd look into it. The sheer level of incompetence I've received is staggering. I didn't even get an email about the cancellation, I had to find out from going on here, which makes me think I'm somehow not eligible for the refund. Even if I do end up receiving the $150 return it wouldn't cover the full amount I paid to receive literally nothing.

I wonder what went so wrong with this? It was probably a bit of a mistake to announce them after the first statues were considered low quali

• That's unreal. I'm sure it's not entirely on Skybound as there are parts out of their control, but the sheer incompetence and mismanagement on display here places it largely on them. Their communication has been horrible, you didn't get a single thing you paid for, and there is no outlet for recompense.

The email I received gave this email address for any questions or concerns, you can try that one of you haven't to see if they are more help. Don't let this rest, get your money back.

statue@skybound.com

They made a public statement on the Skybound website. We know many of you have been patiently waiting for this statue for far too long

• Dang, looked into the studio making the statue and it looks like Covid absolutely blasted them as they seemingly haven't even made anything at all since 2019 and their homepage is basically saying "We are dying." Pretty sad and unfortunate.

also I hope you enjoy your 5 dollar subway gift card in 9 months

They made a public statement on the Skybound website. We know many of you have been patiently waiting for this statue for far too long

• Reply button is working for me, but I agree that Suicide Squad does look like a Sunset Overdrive with DC characters. I will most likely end up buying this just because I’ve wanted something new from Rocksteady.
    However, since this game doesn’t look like it’s going to be as good as Arkham City I would’ve preferred had they made a Superman Game instead as opposed to this. They claimed it’s 5 years after Arkham Knight. (which I liked the Batman segments but absolutely despised the whole Batmobile thing being required to solve puzzles and fight many of the bosses they should’ve changed the tagline to “Be the Batmobile.” mini rant over) when I saw this I was like wait what? My brother and I who are huge Batman fans were disappointed since we were happy with how Arkham Knight ended, so having a Superman game in the Arkham Universe would’ve been a lot of fun! I get that’s hard to make a game revolving around Superman but they could’ve used the same combat style as Superman and added flight, freeze breath, and heat vision as some of his abilities and using X-Ray vision when I guess conducting some sort of investigation like maybe Lex is meeting with someone and you can use that to spy on him. I would’ve rather had any other character with gameplay focused more on single player gameplay and narrative than an online game with a tacked on singleplayer. Online only to play a singleplayer game disappointing.

• Yep I already did. I just got a reply and they've offered me a full refund. Finally, after all this time it seems I'm actually gonna get my money back lol. It only took almost 4 years.

That's unreal. I'm sure it's not entirely on Skybound as there are parts out of their control, but the sheer incompetence and mismanagement

• Oh wow you're right, it's bordering on being a cry for help.

Dang, looked into the studio making the statue and it looks like Covid absolutely blasted them as they seemingly haven't even made anything

• Here are the main reasons not to buy Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League:

• Online connection, both solo and co-op
    • Each character lack unique abilities and combat, it's all about GUNS!!!!!
    • Graphics are a downgrade compared to Arkham Knight
    • Microtransactions
    • 70$
    • Pay for online connection if you are on console
    • Battle pass

I wasn't exactly excited for this game to begin with but now I have all the reasons to skip it completely. The least I can do is watch a video with all the Batman scenes in the game.

• edited March 2023

POV: You just finished Wolf 2 Episode 5, it took 10 years to reach this moment and it was over before you knew it

It will then be 20 years until Wolf 3

this aged poorly fast, make it 11 and 21 years

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1630991796468629504 @Johro How's that for message 1000

• pouring one out for my boy

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1630991796468629504 @Johro How's that for message 1000

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Well, I appreciate getting this news early into the year, at least.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Lets just hope this old quote is true.

• edited April 2023

I kind of had a feeling it would be delayed but didnt think we'd really hear that for a while. I would much prefer a game like this is delayed until it reaches its max potential as if it releases and its just "ok" I think that was disappoint a lot of people, and I think the devs really want to make this the best of the best.

I will say it feels kind of strange that they moving to Unreal Engine 5 from 4. I cant think of any features in 5 that Wolf 2 would greatly benefit by (especially at this point in its development) unless Wolf 2 does something wildly different than what we are expecting. Like I am not super sure why they'd want to make that choice this far into development, but also I have 0 idea how to manage a game dev team. I just hope it all goes well for everyone involved.

• also obligatory

• Well this didn't work for Duke Nukem Forever.

OzzyUK posted: »

Lets just hope this old quote is true.

• Nooooo not a delay

But yayyyyy no crunch

But noooooo not a delay

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Yeah, not sure why the move of engines is needed, but according to the IGN article, several engineers and artists at Telltale felt it was worth the effort for some of its features, which is very interesting.

I kind of had a feeling it would be delayed but didnt think we'd really hear that for a while. I would much prefer a game like this is delay

Sign in to comment in this discussion.