The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• On the bright side October 11th, 2023, 10th anniversary reveal trailer is looking more and more likely now :wink:

Gotta get that good marketing train a rollin'

Poogers555 posted: »

also obligatory

• I wish they at least shared the blow with a trailer. While its good to have a delay this early not sharing anything really sucks. Its been over a year since the proper reveal give us something at least!

• Can't watch this video while thinking of Wario walking down his hallway pointing out his greatest achievements.

POV: You just finished Wolf 2 Episode 5, it took 10 years to reach this moment and it was over before you knew it It will then be 20 years until Wolf 3 this aged poorly fast, make it 11 and 21 years

• Sigh

also obligatory

• I almost feel like it may be more of a business choice with Unreal/Epic considering it seems they have a bit more of a partnership than just exclusivity deals. When that event happened last year Unreal/Epic made an article detailing how they did it.

The weird thing about that statement is that its not like Wolf 2 is going to be a graphical powerhouse and I cant really think of what Unreal Engine 5 can do that Unreal Engine 4 cant do for a game like this and for a game this far in development. From my understanding the biggest benefit 5 has over 4 is much higher graphical fidelity and optimization, which again, I don't exactly think is something Wolf 2 would need to worry about. I know there's more but I just mean in general. If anything its probably just lumped together to 1. Say the game is now using Unreal Engine 5 and 2. To give a "reason" for the delay other than simply needing more time, which seems to be the overall reason.

dojo32161 posted: »

Yeah, not sure why the move of engines is needed, but according to the IGN article, several engineers and artists at Telltale felt it was worth the effort for some of its features, which is very interesting.

• It would be nice to have seen something. Maybe not a full on trailer as now more than anything its probably going to be a long time until we get a trailer. No way they show anything major closer to Expanse's release after saying it was delayed.

They could've shown some screenshots which would have been nice, like seeing Snow's new model rather than the concept art in the business office along Bufkin or something. So nothing huge, but just showing some familiar characters and locations.

I wish they at least shared the blow with a trailer. While its good to have a delay this early not sharing anything really sucks. Its been over a year since the proper reveal give us something at least!

• A teensy bit disappointed that Wolf 2 won't be coming out this year, but it's nice to know that New Telltale is serious about not wanting to make same mistakes of their predecessors. Plus with only one game coming out this year, it gives them time to put a spotlight on The Expanse.

Great quote by Ottilie from the IGN article.

"I've done [crunch], and I don't want to do it again, and it's not fair to ask it," he says. "You can't plan a business around it. So yeah, part of it is about maintaining a healthy work culture. We don't want to burn out our good people. It has been incredibly difficult to recruit the last two years between COVID and the labor markets and the growth in the games industry. So certainly, burning people out or grinding them down is the wrong thing to do long-term. It's not how you build a business. And as an industry, we're terrible about it. We burn our people out. We burn our best people out faster. And as an industry, if we're going to continue to grow, we have to stop it. We just have to stop doing it and make better choices."

• Clearly it's because they'll be able to 3D render each individual hair on Bigby's chest for the shirtless scenes.

I kind of had a feeling it would be delayed but didnt think we'd really hear that for a while. I would much prefer a game like this is delay

• edited March 2023

wind physics.

lupinb0y posted: »

Clearly it's because they'll be able to 3D render each individual hair on Bigby's chest for the shirtless scenes.

• Bigby is going to have Aloy's hair from Horizon

wind physics.

• Par for the course.

Maybe they don't feel like throwing the game out there, half tested(apparently), and trying to fix it on the fly day 1 and 2.

...But that's the Telltale way.
    (Sorry past team members, appearance is everything in this industry)

• edited March 2023

New Telltale currently has 3 games in development. / Telltale had multiple games developed at same time.

None have released. / Release issues by too much being worked on at same time.

Expanse does not have much public interest. / Late age Telltale projects losing people's interest.

New Telltale recently talking about New Investors. / Old Telltale becoming reliant on investors.

Wolf 2 announced very early to strike interest. Wolf 2 announced very early to strike interest in 2017.

This is a joke, so not serious. But please let it stay as a joke.

• "It's not looking good brev"

New Telltale currently has 3 games in development. / Telltale had multiple games developed at same time. None have released. / Release is

• edited March 2023

Yeah in a perfect world Wolf 2 would be their first game release in order to prove that they are capable of delivering a good product, but the Expanse will have to be that for now. I wonder when development for Expanse began, since it's development will finish long before Wolf 2. It has to have been their first game in development right?

Expanse does not have much public interest.

At the very least from what I've seen, the reception from the Expanse community so far has been surprisingly positive, especially after the gameplay reveal. Though it probably helps that the series has ended/is on indefinite hiatus, and the game is centered around a fan favourite character.

New Telltale currently has 3 games in development. / Telltale had multiple games developed at same time. None have released. / Release is

• At first I was thinking it was possibly Deck Nine simply already began working on Expanse and then partnered with Telltale, but I feel like that doesnt really make much sense at all. That said, Telltale started working on Wolf 2 in 2020 (although unsure how far they really got that year) and LIS True Colors launched Fall 2021, but then Expanse was shown at Game Awards 2021. So I have to agree, I wonder when this deal came together. As for why it seems so far in development I do think the answer is simply Deck Nine has a bigger overall team. It also depends on the scope of each game, I mean we still have no idea what Wolf 2's gameplay is and at this point I'm thinking they must be attempting something "bigger" than your average Telltale game, that or each episode ends up being really long. Or possibly going all out on choices.

I think that is also a bit of a double edged sword with Expanse. It was already a pretty niche series that was announced right before the series ended. I know Wolf itself was based on a niche comic, but the difference was it was the game right after Walking Dead. I think one thing they really need to do with Expanse's marketing is make the trailers way more newcomer friendly, because like you said Expanse fans love it, but anyone who doesn't know anything about Expanse seemingly don't care too much. Gotta give them a reason, but the trailers sort of act like everyone should already be invested, previous fan or not.

Yeah in a perfect world Wolf 2 would be their first game release in order to prove that they are capable of delivering a good product, but t

• What is the third game being developed? The Expanse, The Wolf Among Us 2, and???

• We have no idea what it is or if or who they are partnering with. Possibly a Skybound IP because they invested in Telltale, so either Walking Dead or more likely Invincible if it is a Skybound partnership.

What is the third game being developed? The Expanse, The Wolf Among Us 2, and???

• I don’t think it would be another Walking Dead game because they said it was the Final Season. It would be weird if they were like yea… this is the actual final season would tarnish the work the original team did in my opinion at least and then you also have those Clementine books that take place after the games but I’m not reading those. So an invincible game would be the most likely outcome.

We have no idea what it is or if or who they are partnering with. Possibly a Skybound IP because they invested in Telltale, so either Walking Dead or more likely Invincible if it is a Skybound partnership.

• I understand the avoidance of crunch but why still make multiple projects at the same time? I don't see how this can still work, especially when the new Telltale is on the rise.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

That did enter my mind after posting lol.

AronDracula posted: »

Well this didn't work for Duke Nukem Forever.

• edited March 2023

Fun Fact: It has now been longer since The Wolf Among Us 2 was reannounced at the game awards in 2019 than it was announced in 2017 from when Season 1 wrapped!

• Why

Fun Fact: It has now been longer since The Wolf Among Us 2 was reannounced at the game awards in 2019 than it was announced in 2017 from when Season 1 wrapped!

• And it sure as hell won't work for Beyond Good and Evil 2 which recently broke the record of being the most DELAYED game of all time.

OzzyUK posted: »

That did enter my mind after posting lol.

• Replying to this kind of late, but I do wonder if they'll have some kind of mini behind the scene thing with hopefully showing off the sequel. They did say they wanted to share more next year after just casually dropping some ancient behind the scenes screenshots. Would really love to see what they have stored away from that original version.

I know it will probably never happen, I mean especially considering Wolf 2 isnt out yet and we still dont know too much about that game, but one day I do kind of hope we learn more about the original Wolf 2.It seems for the most part there was really not a lot there at all, with the whole 3 episode thing, but I still think it would be interesting to learn what the story was going to be.

AChicken posted: »

On the bright side October 11th, 2023, 10th anniversary reveal trailer is looking more and more likely now Gotta get that good marketing train a rollin'

• edited March 2023

Telltale really said "Hey let's just not put Batman on sale for a full year" (this is for Switch --and Playstation). Weird.

• Da money!

Telltale really said "Hey let's just not put Batman on sale for a full year" (this is for Switch --and Playstation). Weird.

• Average waiting for Wolf 2 experience

• low key been wanting to explore the files of New Tales just to see what secrets it holds

However this means I would have to buy New Tales

• Why did you have to remind me of it? Already forgot it existed.

low key been wanting to explore the files of New Tales just to see what secrets it holds However this means I would have to buy New Tales

• edited March 2023

Saw a gearbox dev was teasing BL4 reveal somewhat soon, so buckle up for more incredible Tales from the Borderlands!

I for one am am very excited for the oversaturation of Borderlands, and personally I can not wait to see what incredible direction Gearbox takes Fiona's character!

I for one really think annual franchises have a lot of quality control. All series should be annual.

AronDracula posted: »

Why did you have to remind me of it? Already forgot it existed.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

So excited for the rest of the TFTB cast to finally be character assassinated, so I can just cry in a corner.

Saw a gearbox dev was teasing BL4 reveal somewhat soon, so buckle up for more incredible Tales from the Borderlands! I for one am am very

• edited March 2023

Hopefully they can at least give Fiona and Sasha an incredibly stupid amazing last name like Fiona Spring-Gun. I think that would be great and really match their new personalities of I am a bad ass and angry annoyed noises

Bonus points if they finally put Vaughn down behind the barn.

dojo32161 posted: »

So excited for the rest of the TFTB cast to finally be character assassinated, so I can just cry in a corner.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Gonna kill off Gortys to try and make players emotional as if the brand new personality they'll give them is in any way the same character.

Hopefully they can at least give Fiona and Sasha an incredibly stupid amazing last name like Fiona Spring-Gun. I think that would be great a

• RIP Gary Rossington. He was the last living member of Lynyrd Skynyrd. This one is for you.

• edited March 2023

I am once again thanking Spider-Verse for inspiring other studios to broaden their art styles.

The visuals look fucking fantastic, I absolutely love the sketchy look! I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, hopefully it's good!

• edited March 2023

Cool!! Only seen screenshots of this so far, I thought it was stop-motion. The characters have a very clay-like, hand-made looks to them /their texturing. I'm a total TMNT novice, but this looks exciting!

Looks really nice though. The main cast are (to me) relatively unknown small-time actors which is awesome to see leading a big IP like this.
    Brady Noon as Raph (The Mighty Ducks Game Changers [2021-22], Good Boys [2019])
    Nicolas Cantu as Leo (TWD: World Beyond [2020-21], The Amazing World of Gumball [2017-19])
    Shamon Brown Jr. as Michelangelo (The Chi [2018-22])
    Micah Abbey as Donatello (Cousins for Life [2018-19], Meet the Voxels [2022])

Very confused why news keeps calling it "Seth Rogen's TMNT". He's only one of the producers. He didn't direct or write the movie... weird...

I am once again thanking Spider-Verse for inspiring other studios to broaden their art styles. The visuals look fucking fantastic, I absolutely love the sketchy look! I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, hopefully it's good!

• Very confused why news keeps calling it "Seth Rogen's TMNT". He's only one of the producers. He didn't direct or write the movie... weird...

Not only that, it's Seth Rogen. Not Francis Scott Coppola or even Zach freaking Snyder. Sure, Rogen has directed and written some fun films, but like, c'mon, kind of ridiculous to attach his name so prominently.

That being said, I suppose TMNT has so many iterations that they need some distinguishing name, and this is what they chose.

Cool!! Only seen screenshots of this so far, I thought it was stop-motion. The characters have a very clay-like, hand-made looks to them /th

• Can you believe it guys? The Wolf Among Us 2! Just a year away!

• They better be using this time to implement a [GLASS HIM 2] choice, or I don't see what the point of all this was... :pensive:

Can you believe it guys? The Wolf Among Us 2! Just a year away!

• [GLASS HIM], but this time is actually means buy him a drink. Which wastes your currency and removes another choice option later on.

They better be using this time to implement a [GLASS HIM 2] choice, or I don't see what the point of all this was...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.