The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Yeah statements like that are always a bit annoying because they are "true" but it is also doesn't acknowledge how little worth while changes there are.

I hope Wolf's action is better but the Wolf 2 trailer action already looks far more impactful than Expanses. I honestly think they just did not touch up the motion capture or something because punches for example have no weight as if they didn't actually hit something just like when they did it in their motion capture suit, so it looks like everything is weightless because it literally is.

Pipas posted: »

Also they said that the game is so short so that people were more likely to replay the game and see the different outcomes of choices, but f

• Telltale be like:

uhh dlc episode is out now and uhh idk fuck it out on steam right now too lets get this over with

• Seems like with the Steam release they permanently reduced the price of the Expanse. Big L for everyone who purchased it at launch I guess, kek. Let's be honest here, it should've been like that from the beginning.

• I feel like Telltale games are really awkward for pricing because some of Telltale's absolute best games were honestly sold for so little so they probably would want to increase their pricing. Just disappointing the first game to do it feels like the price was pretty steep for the actual amount of content.

Seems like with the Steam release they permanently reduced the price of the Expanse. Big L for everyone who purchased it at launch I guess, kek. Let's be honest here, it should've been like that from the beginning.

• I remember making a thread in which I told you guys to not be excited for TWAU Season 2 when it was first announced in 2017. I can already recall so many comments giving me shit for giving you all a warning, thus deleting that thread. I may have had a poor choice of words but what I meant the most was to keep your expectations very low since Telltale disappointed us with A New Frontier.

Guess what? 6 Years later, still no TWAU2. Can't say I didn't warn yall. Keeping my expectations low was the right call.

• I think it unfair to bring up considering Telltale shut down in the middle of it all, and then scrapped whatever was planned for TWAU 2 to make a new story. Even low expectations could not necessarily see that coming.

AronDracula posted: »

I remember making a thread in which I told you guys to not be excited for TWAU Season 2 when it was first announced in 2017. I can already r

• Yeah the situation is pretty different now. I think the only similarity really is that both Wolf 2's were probably announced far too early. I mean based on the little we did know about the original Wolf 2 I do think this Wolf 2 will be the better version but there are much different uncertainties.

I think it unfair to bring up considering Telltale shut down in the middle of it all, and then scrapped whatever was planned for TWAU 2 to make a new story. Even low expectations could not necessarily see that coming.

• Everyday becomes an increasing struggle to not quit. Leadership that has no respect for the other managers and associates they manage, being complacent with the same problems we deal with day in and day out, sheer incompetence in the way they structure their labor plans that I am left to justify and explain to my team, having racial slurs and threats hurled at me for telling someone to do the job in which they’re paid for (they were not fired and I am still forced to work with them), to having to open an insubordination case, a fireable offense, because someone refused to move to a different station 10 feet away for the sake of one spot having work, and the other not.

Thankfully, I have three interviews coming up, one tomorrow and two next Friday.

• This might be the ONLY new IP that I am looking forward to play in the future. It looks interesting.

• edited November 2023

Mfw Telltale wants us to vote Expanse for the Steam awards and one of the two options they suggest in their twitter post is the best soundtrack.

Like I get why would someone vote it for the story-rich game award (even though I wouldn't), but... best soundtrack?

what

• edited November 2023

Happy Thanksgiving.

• Naughty Dog did absolutely nothing in this generation so far.

• edited November 2023

So yeah, a couple of days ago I said I wanted to quit.

Well turns out I can't (well, I can, but I shouldn't) until January 15th. Why? Because that's when my final stock options become available. Before taxes, I'm looking at somewhere between $10-12k. So yeah, I think I can sell my soul for a little while longer.

• Mhm. Money...

So yeah, a couple of days ago I said I wanted to quit. Well turns out I can't (well, I can, but I shouldn't) until January 15th. Why? Bec

• Just remembered Expanse has music at all

Also I am trying to gage how well Expanse is doing on Steam. Telltale's previous worst performance was GOTG with only 900 peak users but Expanse has been at around the 100 mark for a few days. Only problem is because it is all out at once it is hard to tell how many newer people are coming in rather than the episode releases peaks and then drops a lot the next day. But it does seem to be doing a lot better than I thought, I had a really bad feeling it was going to look really bad.

Kind of looking like Steam release is doing a lot better than Epic. I kind of hope Wolf 2 somehow gets out of the epic agreement just because I do think it would do better on Steam and I don't want to see a million Epic exclusivity comments everywhere but I don't see it happening. Although I do think there is some irony in appearing on Steam and then immediately saying STEAM AWARDS lmao bit of a read the room moment considering it is obviously not going to win due to being so small to begin with.

Mfw Telltale wants us to vote Expanse for the Steam awards and one of the two options they suggest in their twitter post is the best soundtr

• Telltale waiting until the literal exact second after the game awards ends to post the yearly "News next year guys!" instead of saying so before the awards

• edited November 2023

So, how sure are we in the current state of things that wolf 2 will actually come out? Just doing a quick check in before the game awards chaos and the recent announcements of lay offs. As a massive telltale person I'm just feeling really disinterested in this "new" telltale. I loved that wolf 2 teaser from almost 2 years ago (that long..what the hell?), but the silence is telling me more that they ran out of money and that the game might just be scrapped entirely in favor of cheap low effort 3rd party shit.

• Star Wars Jedi Survivor is the best Star Wars project I have experienced in a LONG time.

• edited November 2023

I think Wolf 2 is still going to come out. However I am not sure how much longer Telltale sticks around after that. That Wolf 2 trailer was really good but after Expanse and Telltale's general marketing for Expanse I feel like this really means AdHoc is the carry here. I was saying something like this before but Telltale's partnering with other studios will make their games all over the place in terms of quality. And good luck getting more casual people to understand the whole joint development thing. So I still think Wolf 2 will be a good game and it will probably sell well but who knows if it will sell enough to keep Telltale afloat. Then what comes next? Will they finally make their own IP or go back to choosing at random and hoping it works out. Then who do they work with it?

Even then I do think Telltale knows Wolf 2 is going to be the game they need to amaze with. Just the lack of communication and putting out a very not amazing game in between is just not what I would really suggest to be doing. Because now it doesn't feel like a give it time thing anymore it feels pretty uncertain.

I really hope everything works out for Telltale in general but they need to get some of their act together. I still have hope for Wolf 2 but if the game awards has a different Telltale game announced I do think a ton of people's good will is going to plummet. I just hope they are at the game awards. If everything is going as smoothly as they say I don't know why they'd skip it on purpose. Kind of feels like they have to seeing how after Expanse's not great reception and the lay off news you kind of need to come back swinging.

So, how sure are we in the current state of things that wolf 2 will actually come out? Just doing a quick check in before the game awards ch

• Hahah hey guys imagine if the Super Show was REAL! Could you imagine that!

me when the super show is real and is shown at the game awards

• edited November 2023

Sadly, Sam and Max's remastered third season has been delayed to early 2024, somewhere around Spring maybe. Kinda sucks, but I'm certain the wait will be worth it.

I'll have three games I will be eager to play in 2024. Apollo Justice Trilogy, Persona 3 Reload and Devil Playhouse remastered.

That said, the preview images on steam look promising. https://store.steampowered.com/app/2648050/Sam__Max_The_Devils_Playhouse/

• For anyone who watches anime on this forum I am curious about the usual Sub vs Dub arguments. I don't know why anime fans keep saying that Japanese original voice acting is always better. I usually don't like reading subtitles on Anime's unless it's only available for Japanese language or if I don't like the English dub voice acting of some characters. For me it just depends on who voices which character.

For example Cyberpunk Edgerunners (great but sad anime that might make you cry if you enjoyed the game), imo both English and Japanese voices were great for this. Same goes for great anime like Chainsaw Man, Jojos Bizarre Adventure, etc.

So my question is do you guys prefer just Japanese language for anime, English, or it just doesn't matter?
    Would make a thread for this but I'm too lazy.

• For anime I tend to prefer subtitles, I usually prefer to hear the original language, though that can also depend on a show's setting. Like, for Fullmetal Alchemist it's set in a fantasy world, but it's pretty clearly set in a sort of fantasy Western Europe analogue, so it feels more appropriate to have English voices, helped that it has a really good dub. I think English dubs being bad is an exaggeration leftover from the 90s/early 00s where it could be genuinely dogshit at times, as of now, dubs tend to be pretty consistent in quality. But that's where I personally have some problems, due to most dubs being produced by the same few companies... they tend to start sounding very... samey in their delivery for most shows, outside of some standouts.

As for games, you bet your sweet biscuits I always go for English dubs unless they're bad. It helps that they're not being produced by the same few companies, so voice acting's more varied, I also have a tougher time listening to all Japanese dialog when I'm in control of the pacing, particularly in visual novels. And when a video game English dub is good, it's very good.

Menofthe214 posted: »

For anyone who watches anime on this forum I am curious about the usual Sub vs Dub arguments. I don't know why anime fans keep saying that J

• But that's where I personally have some problems, due to most dubs being produced by the same few companies... they tend to start sounding very... samey in their delivery for most shows, outside of some standouts.

Yeah I just got back into watching anime a year ago, before that I stopped watching anime in 2012 so I wasn't aware about many of the reusing of english VAs when I started again but now I'm noticing that many of the animes I have watched, both old and new, tend to do have just that. For Japanese VA I actually have a very hard time noticing whos voicing a character, which is obviously a good thing.

Also thanks for the video of AI: The Somnium Files. I'm actually interested in seeing if it's for me.

dojo32161 posted: »

For anime I tend to prefer subtitles, I usually prefer to hear the original language, though that can also depend on a show's setting. Like,

• I think it really says something about The Expanse's quality and release/marketing so far, as to why I still haven't played the Bonus Episode and feel no burning urge to get into it anytime soon.

The shadow drop was one thing. The quality and length of the rest of the series really makes it tough to be interested in some random side-story to the game

• WOOOOOOOO DECEMBER 7THHHHHH

Cool that they aged them up. Makes sense considering the VA's are almost adults at this point.

• GTA 6 is gonna come out before The Wolf Among Us 2

• edited December 2023

GTA 6 is gonna come out before The Wolf Among Us 2

• edited December 2023

There's a YouTuber that animates movie and game scenes in the style of Minecraft: Story Mode lmao

Here's one they did for Oppenheimer.

"This is cinema fr fr." - Martin Scorsese

• You know what's worse than job interviews?

Doing said job interviews, while suffering from laryngitis. Been stuck with a cold all week, and literally the night before 2 interviews, my voice just completely gave out. By the time the interviews were done, there was no voice left, I could scream and it would come out as a whisper.

And as for why I didn't just try and reschedule the interviews: we're in Peak season at Amazon and I'm working Sunday-Thursday pretty much from 5:30am to 7:00pm. The only day I have is Friday, and I already have 3 more interviews next Friday. I had no choice but to power through it.

• If you ever need a quick pick-me up, try Puppy Cam :smile:

• If Alan Wake wrote The Office...

Poogers555 posted: »

• me trying to summon the wolf 2 trailer at the game awards just to accidently summon Minecraft Season 3 and the super show instead

• Chicken now that gotg is no longer the most forgettable Telltale Game

AChicken posted: »

I think it really says something about The Expanse's quality and release/marketing so far, as to why I still haven't played the Bonus Episod

• Holy shit, this is actually real!!! Is this actually a video game though?

• IT'S HAPPENING!

WHETHER IT'S HERALD OR NOT, IT'S GONNA BE GOOD!!
    (Honestly Herald of Darkness, Dark Ocean Summoning, or Anger's Remorse are all bangers in the game, so it'll be neat to find out which one they'll play!)

• The real winner was me and GOTG. <3 Thanks Telltale.

Poogers555 posted: »

Chicken now that gotg is no longer the most forgettable Telltale Game

• edited December 2023

Jesus, that is absolutely gorgeous looking and the sheer volume and variety of NPC's is staggering. There is no way this game is going to be anything under 150GB lol.

Interested to see the Bonnie and Clyde route they're going with.

Holy shit, this is actually real!!! Is this actually a video game though?

• I'm a little bit worried about the story though. It looks too GTA 5-ish.

lupinb0y posted: »

Jesus, that is absolutely gorgeous looking and the sheer volume and variety of NPC's is staggering. There is no way this game is going to be anything under 150GB lol. Interested to see the Bonnie and Clyde route they're going with.

• edited December 2023

I'm more worried if GTA 6 will even be on PC at all. Because it seems it will only be on consoles at launch.
    https://www.take2games.com/ir/news/rockstar-games-announces-grand-theft-auto-vi-coming-2025
    I know that they released GTA 5 and RDR2 on PC 1-2 years later but then there's also the hacker problem with their online modes. Was hoping to mod just singleplayer. Guess I'll have to wait longer to find out.
    Edit: The trailer did give me Miami vibes, they captured the image of it well (I can say this as someone who grew up in Florida).

I'm a little bit worried about the story though. It looks too GTA 5-ish.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.