The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

1464546464647464846494651»

Comments

• Replayed that GOT series after years, really wish we had a second season of that. TWD and the GOT series was probably some of the best games i played. made me remember what we lost!!

• The more I grow up, the more I feel embarrassed about my fanboyism for Telltale in the past.

• So I played LIMBO recently, and I beat it, since then it has left an impression on me, I've been thinking about it a lot, from the very hands off way it tells the story, the puzzles, the atmosphere, the artstyle, all has kept lingering in my mind on a constant basis. Going into the game, I didn't think it would have that sort of effect on me, but it has. Given it fits the mould of a platformer game, and arguably reshaped that mould since it released, I didn't anticipate that I would have enjoyed it as much as I did, as platformers as a genre is something I don't really connect with all that much, at least, this type of platformer is one that doesn't hold your hand or as linear in its design like Super Mario Bros., which I'd say everyone has played.

As much as I love having to be guided in games as my sense of direction is rather poor, that the concept of freedom to explore in games can be a tad overwhelming in some circumstances, the way LIMBO emphasises its trial and error to progression, as frustrating as it was to endure, in how LIMBO was designed, it did leave me feeling fulfilled.

I take no shame in using a guide for the game, I don't care, I'll do what I want, but even then, the guide still couldn't help me in some cases, perhaps my reading comprehension is on a decline :joy: but there was a remarkable amount of joy I felt in progressing, not because of frustration I experienced beforehand (which to say there was plenty of), but because the game itself kept me so engaged, the story does take a backseat, but the gameplay itself is so rewarding in its rather merciless nature.

I found a neat little video that goes over the history of LIMBO, it's conception, the development process, and it really is something, it makes me very appreciative for what the final product is, here it is if anyone wants to watch:

• If you haven’t played it the game Inside is made by the same developers and is essentially a spiritual successor to Limbo.

So I played LIMBO recently, and I beat it, since then it has left an impression on me, I've been thinking about it a lot, from the very hand

• INSIDE is one of, if not, my favorite indie game of all time. It's hard for me to believe it was made in the Unity engine because they delivered the best atmosphere ever presented in a video game.

• I've made a start on it! Been too busy with work to give it the appropriate time but I'm off for a few days so I'll get back to it this evening!

Cocoa6372 posted: »

If you haven’t played it the game Inside is made by the same developers and is essentially a spiritual successor to Limbo.

• TIL there is a Detroit: Become Human manga you can buy on the Quantic Dream website set in Tokyo of the same universe.

Here it is

• Exciting times! I'm raising money for Youth Suicide Prevention Ireland, and it'll be a thing where I will be skydiving in order to raise money. I am terrified of falling, and the idea of landing, but those few minutes of anxiety is well worth it, as the cause of raising money for a charity to assist in Youth Suicide Prevention is a just and noble cause that I am willing to put that fear aside for.

• Sweet Lord, make sure you are equipped with all the necessary safety. Or are you just gonna have an instructor attached behind you?

Exciting times! I'm raising money for Youth Suicide Prevention Ireland, and it'll be a thing where I will be skydiving in order to raise mon

• I'll be equipped with all of the necessary gear, and I'll have an instructor attached behind me to ensure it all goes smoothly, all of that will be sorted through the charity as they are hosting it. A relative of mine, her boyfriend did it last year, he absolutely loved it.

I'm tempted to share it on here but I'm not sure if it's permitted in the Forum Rules. It may be a thing that it's an Irish charity so it'll cater to primarily young people that reside in Ireland, that perhaps some abroad may not wish to donate, but all of us in this world, are here together, borders don't divide us, I won't see a single cent that's earned, it is all for charity.

AronDracula posted: »

Sweet Lord, make sure you are equipped with all the necessary safety. Or are you just gonna have an instructor attached behind you?

• It's been years since I last played a game of them, But here I am visiting here every now and again to see what's up, Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

The more I grow up, the more I feel embarrassed about my fanboyism for Telltale in the past.

• You said it

It's been years since I last played a game of them, But here I am visiting here every now and again to see what's up, Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

• Why do you say that?

The more I grow up, the more I feel embarrassed about my fanboyism for Telltale in the past.

• Because Telltale had red flags and flaws right from the start and I just ignored them because I was naive and kept defending them.

Used to be obsessed with Game of Thrones but now I realize, that game is mediocre at best. I haven't watched any clips of that game in a LONG time. Minecraft Story Mode was an obvious cash grab. How so? That game got three additional episodes in the first season and a second season (One year after, no less) while Wolf got none of it at the time. The Walking Dead Michonne just had NO reason to exist, like it didn't even try to make me feel invested in the story.

Why do you say that?

• That game got three additional episodes in the first season and a second season (One year after, no less)

I just realized Telltale kinda did the same in MCSM with what they did in TWDG Seasons. Season 1 you had your group of friends but in season 2 they cut that in half with only Lucas and Petra, same with TWDG Seasons where we could've gotten Christa or 400 days cast back, but instead made new characters. Again it would be more better if Telltale would have all episodes as one game without the rewrites with writers and actors not leaving for different projects.

The Walking Dead Michonne just had NO reason to exist, like it didn't even try to make me feel invested in the story.

I've only played it once, never played it again because the story and characters were very weak to the actual 4 seasons of the game. Even ANF I remmember more than Michonne which is weird.

Because Telltale had red flags and flaws right from the start and I just ignored them because I was naive and kept defending them. Used t

• I just realized Telltale kinda did the same in MCSM with what they did in TWDG Seasons. Season 1 you had your group of friends but in season 2 they cut that in half with only Lucas and Petra, same with TWDG Seasons where we could've gotten Christa or 400 days cast back, but instead made new characters.

I didn't even bother finishing my binge for Minecraft S2 because the writing was much worse and boring. What was even the point of having Season 1 of Minecraft on Netflix? Almost nobody bothered playing it as far as I am concerned.

I've only played it once, never played it again because the story and characters were very weak to the actual 4 seasons of the game. Even ANF I remmember more than Michonne which is weird.

I have to agree. As much as I hate ANF, that game is more memorable and more fun to trash on. Michonne is just plain boring. The fact that I'm forced to side with the character that caused the entire chaos in the first place is enough for me to never play it again.

Menofthe214 posted: »

That game got three additional episodes in the first season and a second season (One year after, no less) I just realized Telltale k

• I have to agree. As much as I hate ANF, that game is more memorable and more fun to trash on. Michonne is just plain boring. The fact that I'm forced to side with the character that caused the entire chaos in the first place is enough for me to never play it again.

Actually I remember why I played Michonne originally. Job Stauffer (who was also the guy who tweeted 400 days would have a mild impact on episode 3 of season 2 and said things about ANF like "it was so big we separated episode 1 and 2" said "you will want to play Michonne before Season 3" so in my head I thought ok maybe there's gonna be some tie ins to the first 2 seasons of TWDG. Man I really wish I didn't have that expectation.

Off topic, I just looked at Job Stauffer and he actually used to work for Rockstar Games, mainly GTA 4 and it's DLCs (found out on the GTA Wiki). But unfortunately like any other gaming company, he was under pressure. Some Rockstar employees were forced to work 100 hour weeks for deadlines prior to GTA 4's release. Job Stauffer actually tweeted "it was like working with a gun to your head 7 days a week." This was all under Dan Houser at time.

Here's hoping Job Stauffer is still not dealing with any pressure at his job now.

I just realized Telltale kinda did the same in MCSM with what they did in TWDG Seasons. Season 1 you had your group of friends but in season

• edited May 1

said things about ANF like "it was so big we separated episode 1 and 2"

Wasn't Kevin Bruner the one who said that? During Game Awards? That's what I remember but it's been ages.

I have to agree. As much as I hate ANF, that game is more memorable and more fun to trash on. Michonne is just plain boring. The fact that I

• edited May 1

Didn't Job Stauffer do most of the tweeting promoting Season 2 and 3 of TWDG? Either way yeah I don't remmember much.

said things about ANF like "it was so big we separated episode 1 and 2" Wasn't Kevin Bruner the one who said that? During Game Awards? That's what I remember but it's been ages.

• Yeah it was Bruner at the 2016 Game Awards, he was asked by Geoff when Episode 1 was releasing and he replied that they encountered an issue, that it was too big to fit into a premiere Episode so they split it into two parts. I went digging into the 2016 Game Awards Livestream to find that :joy:

said things about ANF like "it was so big we separated episode 1 and 2" Wasn't Kevin Bruner the one who said that? During Game Awards? That's what I remember but it's been ages.

• Ah ok that probably explains why I didn't know.

Yeah it was Bruner at the 2016 Game Awards, he was asked by Geoff when Episode 1 was releasing and he replied that they encountered an issue

• edited May 2

It's all good. Honestly I am not sure why he said that, two issues come to mind when I think of the statement he made, both are problems.

The first one is obviously hyping it up by saying it was so big that they split it in two, that would've raised the expectations for A New Frontier in delivering a quality season, because on the surface, it does make you think "wow, this must be a jam packed Episode", which it is an eventful one, and does cover a lot of ground, but moves a bit too fast, that it can be exhausting for players, hubs weren't as in-depth as previous seasons so the chill period isn't that long before you are swung back into dealing with the New Frontier.

The second issue is that, and I remember going back and reading those discussion threads from years ago as I liked seeing the discussions, but the second issue is that looking beyond the surface, it does sound concerning that they delayed the premiere by a month, then came to the decision that the original Episode 2 would be pushed to the wayside.

Looking further back in articles I've read from the late 2000's on Telltale, I do think that what Telltale did become from 2015-2017 was the intended end goal from their inception, shorter, bite-size episodes that can be done in one sitting without any worry. That would've been okay if they didn't have major IP's under their belt, and if so, they could've extended the Seasons, but I think the vision from the get-go was sound when they were producing Sam & Max and Law & Order, not The Walking Dead.

For me personally, I really don't mind A New Frontier, it's not a perfect Season, but I do still enjoy it, I admit I do possess an internal bias towards it due to The Walking Dead being a therapy game series for me, and being something that has helped me personally, but I do think in comparison to the other Seasons, it doesn't live up to the standards set, and personally, I do think the reaction towards it is a bit overblown, I really don't think it is that bad, but it's not a world beater of a game, I'd say if it wasn't affiliated with The Walking Dead, it may be regarded as a somewhat positively received, in the middle sort of game, not the inbred cousin that it's sort of looked at today.

Ah ok that probably explains why I didn't know.

• If I wanted to go skydiving, I'd sit next to the emergency door of a Boeing airplane and unbuckle my seat belt.

That's a brave thing for you to do, but you could not persuade or pay me enough to jump out of an airplane unless my life was actually threatened.

Exciting times! I'm raising money for Youth Suicide Prevention Ireland, and it'll be a thing where I will be skydiving in order to raise mon

• I been watching the back and forth between Kendrick and Drake.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.