The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• So Fables has now ended for the second time now.

Wouldn't this be the third time now, with the previous revival being Fables: Ever After which was meant to follow one of Bigby and Snows kids but ended up getting cancelled?

Poogers555 posted: »

So Fables has now ended for the second time now. Now both times it has ended extremely anticlimactically! Not a great revival but honestly I

• Completely forgot about that. But that was a spin off and this was the official continuation. I don't know they wanted to focus so much on Bigby and Snow's not very interesting kids so much.

lupinb0y posted: »

So Fables has now ended for the second time now. Wouldn't this be the third time now, with the previous revival being Fables: Ever After which was meant to follow one of Bigby and Snows kids but ended up getting cancelled?

• me when Telltale finally gives an update after all this time but the game releases on July 8th exactly 10 years since the game ended (I think it would be poetic)

• Reality: Ya'll get nothing.

me when Telltale finally gives an update after all this time but the game releases on July 8th exactly 10 years since the game ended (I think it would be poetic)

• YOU FOOL! Just you WAIT! When July rolls around that update is going to HIT and it is going to HIT HARD! JULY IS STILL EARLY 2024 DAMNIT!

Reality: Ya'll get nothing.

• Well, I've been used to being let down so many times in the past, so I empathize with you here!

• Telltale's one fan marching on its HQ on July 9th:

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

I got a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop for my birthday (which is St. Patrick's Day). It's a good computer, but the large screen makes the computer itself large and it's hard to reach the keys on the keyboard.

I don't even have small hands, and it's hard for me to reach the center number keys. You'd need big meaty paws to use it comfortably.

• If you're going to be stationary for a while, you can get a USB keyboard (or a wireless keyboard) of your choice and use that instead. Laptop keyboards aren't known for their usability.

Jennifer posted: »

I got a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop for my birthday (which is St. Patrick's Day). It's a good computer, but the large screen makes the computer

• You'd need big meaty paws to use it comfortably.

More like:

I got a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop for my birthday (which is St. Patrick's Day). It's a good computer, but the large screen makes the computer

• My thoughts on this forum at this point

(jk love you guys)

• edited March 16

Insane? I was insane once. They showed me a trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer with hype. And hype make me insane. Insane? I was insane once. They showed me a trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer with hype. And hype make me insane. Insane? I was insane once. They showed me a trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer with hype. And hype make me insane. Insane? I was insane once. They showed me a trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer with hype. And hype make me insane. Insane? I was insane once. They showed me a trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer with hype. And hype make me insane. Insane? I was insane once. They showed me a trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer with hype. And hype make me insane. Insane? I was insane once. They showed me a trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer with hype. And hype make me insane. Insane? I was insane once. They showed me a trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer with hype. And hype make me insane. Insane? I was insane once. They showed me a trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer with hype. And hype make me insane. Insane? I was insane once. They showed me a trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer with hype. And hype make me insane.

Cocoa6372 posted: »

My thoughts on this forum at this point (jk love you guys)

• ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHER FUCKING WOLF BEING NOT A FUCKING MONG US!

• Okay, but what if we get the update and it looks horrible

• edited March 16

How people be saying Expanse actually had no impact on Wolf 2 because Telltale only published instead of developed (spending money on publishing a game that bombs apparently has 0 financial downsides)

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Boy howdy

• Comment of the year LMAO

bruzdaa posted: »

Insane? I was insane once. They showed me a trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer. A TWAU 2 trailer with hype. And hype make me insane. Insane? I was in

• I wouldn't tell anyone if I ever struck the lottery, but there would be signs.

• edited March 18

Just saw the book cover art for the Fiona book. This shit gonna suck ass.

They couldn't even afford an artist. The fact they keep using the fucking Sasha wiki image is also the funniest fucking thing ever.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

This one? Yeah, video game tie-in books can have some of the laziest covers where they just take pre-existing key art or images.

Just saw the book cover art for the Fiona book. This shit gonna suck ass. They couldn't even afford an artist. The fact they keep using the fucking Sasha wiki image is also the funniest fucking thing ever.

• Oh Anthony Burch is writing this? It's not a high bar but at least he's the best non-Telltale writer for the series.

dojo32161 posted: »

This one? Yeah, video game tie-in books can have some of the laziest covers where they just take pre-existing key art or images.

• I think what I love about this cheap tie in book cover specifically is the BL2 Gaige instead of BL3 and how I guess they actually just copy and pasted that random screen grab a fan made and just decided "Yup. This is the official Sasha art now."

dojo32161 posted: »

• edited March 18

This unfortunately is still a ginormous step down considering outside of Bl2 a lot of what he has written has been pretty bad, but obviously personal taste. It also appears he had a much larger part in New Tales than most thought. But yes, he would be considered the best write on Borderlands who isn't Telltale lol.

I still remember how he said he thought the finger gun fight in episode 4 wasn't any good/didn't get it. It really makes me wonder who wrote the scene in New Tales where they actually shoot each other over and over because it comes off as someone trying to emulate that moment in episode 4 without getting it.

lupinb0y posted: »

Oh Anthony Burch is writing this? It's not a high bar but at least he's the best non-Telltale writer for the series.

• I like how all three of the biggest IPs that Telltale made games off of got screwed by the owners. Clementine comic, New tales and Bill expressing his dislike for twau and possibly trying to hinder development by making the comics public domain. It’s like the fans can’t catch a break.

• edited March 19

The thing with Burch is that he has moments where he is really good. When he manages to focus on characters and story and keep it solely focused on that, it's when he's at his best. BL2, most of the scenes he did in Tales (Rhys and Jack on the caravan and in the Helios crash), and he was also a writer on God of War Ragnarok.

The problem is that for all the moments he's able to keep himself in check and give us something good, he has times where he just can't help himself. He's not subtle, and some of his jokes and commentary can be very, very cringe-inducing, bordering on Life is Strange levels of awful. His public and mental breakdown years ago saw him, and his writing, at his worst, and there have been times where it has still shown (I think he did the scene of Rhys, disguised as Vasquez, talking to the two guards and talking about corporate misogyny, and that was just so painful to watch because of how awkward and unfunny it was). And of course we have new Tales.

The problem with Burch is that we don't know which one we're going to get. Are we going to get BL2 and TFTBL Burch, or Pre-Sequel/New Tales Burch. Considering that this is also, I believe, his first novel and writing for that is a lot different than writing for a video game, I feel as though it's going to lean towards the latter.

Correction, he has apparently done a few graphic novels (one of which was actually one for Rocko's Modern Life), but this is, in fact, his first novel.

This unfortunately is still a ginormous step down considering outside of Bl2 a lot of what he has written has been pretty bad, but obviously

• edited March 20

me forcing myself to read the Fiona book to find out how one of the best (and very underrated) female video game protagonist becomes an incredibly boring shell of a character

• I don't want to judge him based on what he is sort of infamously famous for. I just think he overall is not that great at writing. BL2 is written good overall, pre-sequel is honestly pretty bad. I've said it before but I think the only reason people look back at it more positively is because BL3 writing is atrocious. Pre-sequel feels like they wanted to try their best to recapture what people really liked about BL2, which was primarily Jack. So pre-sequel just becomes a really messy Jack origin story with like a million plot holes and weird character moments. None of the new characters were very memorable except for maybe Janey (who has been sent to the shadow realm for some reason) and the humor wasn't great either. Plus unskippable very very boring story segments.

I just don't have much faith in the book, the summary is already shitty BL3 territory story telling. Imagine the original Tales but instead of hunting Atlas tech it was about finding Funko Pops.

The thing with Burch is that he has moments where he is really good. When he manages to focus on characters and story and keep it solely foc

• I was thinking this too not long ago. Hopefully Wolf 2's problem will just be dev hell rather than "shitty sequel moment"

Cocoa6372 posted: »

I like how all three of the biggest IPs that Telltale made games off of got screwed by the owners. Clementine comic, New tales and Bill expr

• The Horizon franchise just can't catch a break, can it? Being dominated by Breath of the Wild, Elden Ring and now Dragon's Dogma 2.

• I wouldn't say Dragon's Dogma 2 counts. I haven't played it yet but I was gonna buy if the reviews for it were good. Unfortunately the optimization on PC is bad and it has microtransactions for it's singeplayer. As for Horizon on Steam it seems to have a way better release and better reviews then Dogma.

AronDracula posted: »

The Horizon franchise just can't catch a break, can it? Being dominated by Breath of the Wild, Elden Ring and now Dragon's Dogma 2.

• I wanted to ask it is just me or does the gap of games releasing between 2020-2024 seems to have worse releasing games then 2010-2014? First Cyberpunk 2077 at release ( I like the game now but I wish it's what it should have been at launch), Starfield, Saints Row Reboot, the Battlefront remastered collection recently, and now Dragons Dogma 2.

• The MTX are bad but tbh, it has been a thing since RE7 I think. Those MTX are actually optional and you can get certain items by just playing the game.

Menofthe214 posted: »

I wouldn't say Dragon's Dogma 2 counts. I haven't played it yet but I was gonna buy if the reviews for it were good. Unfortunately the optim

• I am actually not familiar with Capcom's other games except for the Street Fighter games. I do know the amount of MTX they've been adding seems to be more and more. But yeah to what you said I checked the MTX of DD2 and it actually isn't really that expensive, I just wish it wasn't there begin with.

AronDracula posted: »

The MTX are bad but tbh, it has been a thing since RE7 I think. Those MTX are actually optional and you can get certain items by just playing the game.

• Well, I just had one of the most up and down nights of my life.

• Had a date scheduled with a girl to go to an improv theater, she was into it and I got tickets for the two of us.
    • She doesn’t show, and I get radio silence when I reach out to her. Several hours later, I still have nothing.
    • The shows were hilarious, and were really fun.
    • Felt like I couldn’t enjoy it to its fullest because I just got stood the fuck up while everyone else was with a group of friends or a partner.
    • Met some people who invited to go to a bar with them.
    • Started chatting up a girl and even danced with them.
    • Strikeout as she says she has a boyfriend (unsure if true, either way, leave empty handed).
    • Was thrown into awkward situation by one of the people who tried to push me on a random girl, who was visibly nervous.
    • Apologized to her for the scenario, to which she was understanding, started chatting.
    • Rushed getting her number as she was leaving with a couple of friends, unsure if I got the right number from her.

So yeah, that was my up and down night.

I was having a conversation with my nephew and afterward, I realized I'm fluent in Gen Z slang.

As an older millennial, I find that a little disconcerting.

• Love that you posted about it soon after it happened.

You're an Even Steven!

Well, I just had one of the most up and down nights of my life. * Had a date scheduled with a girl to go to an improv theater, she was

• That's bussin'. The millennials are so joever.

I was having a conversation with my nephew and afterward, I realized I'm fluent in Gen Z slang. As an older millennial, I find that a little disconcerting.

That's sus. You're delulu. You might think we're cheugy, but no cap, we're the original rizzlers.

... after that I'm shook, fam. I'm low key going back to adulting.

That's bussin'. The millennials are so joever.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.