Strong Language

So i played episode 1 for free and i loved it. And i am thinking of buying the rest of the episodes. But i noticed in the rating it said "Strong Language". I don't really play games that have strong swear words. Don't ask why, just not my thing. I am ok with the other swear words, but the F bomb im just not a fan of it. I would still buy the series, depends on how many times a character drops the F bomb. For some i didn't hear an F bomb in episode 1, even it said Strong Language.

I know a lot of you people here on this side of the forums enjoy characters using the F word, but is an opinion i have. We all got opinions.

So what kind of "Strong" swear words will be heard in TFTB?

Comments

• edited November 2015

"Fuck" is used by Finch once (Don't remember what episode). But besides that what you heard in episode 1 is what you'll be hearing in every episode. "Shit" is used a lot more throughout the series though. (especially episode 5)

• They almost never use the F word in TFTB. They use practically everything else, but not the F word. Although, I think there was one time where someone muttered it under their breath but I'm not entirely sure.

• That was Finch who muttered it. I believe.

They almost never use the F word in TFTB. They use practically everything else, but not the F word. Although, I think there was one time where someone muttered it under their breath but I'm not entirely sure.

• The F bomb is hardly used in Borderlands overall. You might get tamer variations of it like "freaking" or "fricken" but that's about it.

• Ah. but it's just like once.

That was Finch who muttered it. I believe.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited November 2015

Finch says it in episode 3, and it's based on doing something very specific, so to the OP, you're most likely not going to hear it.

"Fuck" is used by Finch once (Don't remember what episode). But besides that what you heard in episode 1 is what you'll be hearing in every episode. "Shit" is used a lot more throughout the series though. (especially episode 5)

• Use of the word shit is mainly the word used

• "Fuck" is only said by Finch once in EP3 I think, but that's if you do something very specific. (Also I think Vasquez in EP2 can say it if you keep waiting and not doing anything in the "gun" part) Other than that, shit is mainly the word used.

• Vasquez said "fucking" once, but you will never notice it unless you turn on the subtitles, and it also only plays if you wait too long.
    Finch said "What the fuck" once, but it is only triggered by very specific dialog and choices.

"asshole" and "shit are the most frequently used ones.
    "bitch" was used a few times.
    "Piss" was also used a few times.
    "Freaking" is also quite frequently used.

Other than that, there is nothing to worry about. Those are very mild language (At least for me). Same as you, I dont like games that uses "fuck" and "nigger". I am okay with all other swears except these two.

• edited November 2015

Alright so 2 F bombs...Alright is only 2. So i am sold. Will there be a sale on the game soon?

• Hold on a second. If there is a F bomb on episode 2 and 3, then why does it say "Language?"

• edited November 2015

I don't really know but trust me there are only 2 F bombs and you don't even notice them in your normal playthrough, The one in EP2 you have to like sit for 1 mins to hear dialogue until you get to the F bomb part and you can only really hear what he says by subs only because he was whispering. The one in EP3 you have to do a specific action for it to happen. The other words are just mostly shit, asshole, frickin/freaking etc. There's nothing else really, don't worry.

Smellmeh posted: »

Hold on a second. If there is a F bomb on episode 2 and 3, then why does it say "Language?"

• Ok...one more question. Is there anything else i need to worry about other than swearing. Like...nudity? Sexual content? Anything like that?

CarL_J posted: »

I don't really know but trust me there are only 2 F bombs and you don't even notice them in your normal playthrough, The one in EP2 you have

• edited November 2015

Nope, no nudity or sexual content. (There's a bit of romance like flirting but nothing really sexual or anything lol, there are some sexual jokes at times but most of them are determinant by your choices) Though there's a lot of gore (especially EP2, EP4 and EP5). That's it.

Ok...one more question. Is there anything else i need to worry about other than swearing. Like...nudity? Sexual content? Anything like that?

• Alright then. In that case, the game is going on my wishlist. Ill put on my christmas list. Or if the game is on a good sale, ill get my credit card and press "download." Thanks for the information! :)

CarL_J posted: »

Nope, no nudity or sexual content. (There's a bit of romance like flirting but nothing really sexual or anything lol, there are some sexual

• muh triggers

• So you are worried about any kind of sexual reference but don't have issues with graphic depiction of violence at all?

Alright then. In that case, the game is going on my wishlist. Ill put on my christmas list. Or if the game is on a good sale, ill get my credit card and press "download." Thanks for the information!

• I swear I remember Jack muttering Cunt in episode 5.

• Oh...really...

ActionHank posted: »

I swear I remember Jack muttering Cunt in episode 5.

• keyword is muttered. Don't let some muttering ruin an entire series for you.

Oh...really...

• Is swearing really that much of an issue? Not trying to be rude, just curious.

Oh...really...

• Ludd Whitehill Intensifies

Green613 posted: »

Is swearing really that much of an issue? Not trying to be rude, just curious.

• It's an 18+ game. Take it or leave it tbh :l

• h-holy crap when does that happens though? Never had it in my game

I swear I remember Jack muttering Cunt in episode 5.

• To me, it is. But is like freelance said, is just muttering. But still can't believe he says that.

Green613 posted: »

Is swearing really that much of an issue? Not trying to be rude, just curious.

• Maybe I misheard, but it's somewhere around Jack trying to strangle Rhys with his own arm.

Starting to think I heard wrong but, maybe I'll check in on it tomorrow.

h-holy crap when does that happens though? Never had it in my game

• i need to check this now really curious because i dont remember hearing this

Maybe I misheard, but it's somewhere around Jack trying to strangle Rhys with his own arm. Starting to think I heard wrong but, maybe I'll check in on it tomorrow.

• I have decided to take it already. (For christmas, or when is on a sale)

bigdogg0821 posted: »

It's an 18+ game. Take it or leave it tbh :l

Sign in to comment in this discussion.