Can somebody here please help with this game on android?? Has anybody else had this happen?

I downloaded this game off Google play, and it plays flawlessly up until the part where Rhys and Sasha go down the hatch in the abandonded mining facility, after the hatch closes the screen goes dark, and I can only see the pause button, dialogue options and subtitles. I managed to wing it up until the part where it switches over to Fiona and Vaughn talking to the bandit. At that point the graphics return, up until they hop on the motorcycle carriage thing, then the graphics disappeared again, leaving memwith dialogue, subtitles and the pause button. I confirmed through YouTube gameplay that this isn't supposed to happen.

I'm running the game on a kindle fire HD 7 with custom android 5.1. According to what I've read, my device meets the minimum requirements. 1.2ghz dual core, 1gb of ram, powervrgfx540. So I don't understand what could be causing this.

I understand that I shouldn't post this here, but I already submitted this request to support, and have yet to receive any response. This game has me hooked and I just want to play it.

Has anyone else came across this problem? Does anyone have a fix for it? I've tried using gltools, but I couldn't get it to work. Please, I'm super frustrated, and I just want to play the game.

Comments

• Have you tried deleting the game and re-installing it? That's the only thing I can think of trying. Getting weird, game breaking glitches like that really sucks. I hope you'll find a solution so you can enjoy the rest of the game!

• Thanks, I haven't tried that, I'm worried I'll lose my save, that's about an hour in. Lol. Do you know how I could back up my save?

Deadpoolian posted: »

Have you tried deleting the game and re-installing it? That's the only thing I can think of trying. Getting weird, game breaking glitches like that really sucks. I hope you'll find a solution so you can enjoy the rest of the game!

• Just tried it, no luck my friend :( back to the drawing board.

Have you tried deleting the game and re-installing it? That's the only thing I can think of trying. Getting weird, game breaking glitches like that really sucks. I hope you'll find a solution so you can enjoy the rest of the game!

• you could try downlaoding a free backup software from google play

Jedisean420 posted: »

Thanks, I haven't tried that, I'm worried I'll lose my save, that's about an hour in. Lol. Do you know how I could back up my save?

• edited November 2015

Damn. D:

Is the game fully updated with the latest patches, if there are any? Have you tried a new save file? Maybe your current save somehow got corrupted. If not, hopefully Telltale will get back to you on that support request you submitted. And if it comes to the worst, hopefully you can get a refund.

Jedisean420 posted: »

Just tried it, no luck my friend back to the drawing board.

• Luckily its only the first episode, so I haven't spent any money yet. Its the latest version from Google play. I also rewinded a bit to before the problem, and when I got back up to it, it persisted. It seems like the textures just aren't loading for some reason. Or maybe they're even missing from the game file for some reason. I hope they get back to me soon(still no word), from what I've seen, this game is even better than the walking dead. I just want them to help memso they can hurry up and take my money. Lol

Damn. Is the game fully updated with the latest patches, if there are any? Have you tried a new save file? Maybe your current save someh

• After doing research and reading Google play reviews, I've found quite a few other people have the same problem. The screen goes black but they still get sound, dialogue etc. So I'm guessing telltale may be aware of this occurring for some users. As well, I tried a couple older versions of the app, both of which were unplayable whatsoever. So hopefully telltale has an update in store for some point in time. I've got my fingers crossed!

Damn. Is the game fully updated with the latest patches, if there are any? Have you tried a new save file? Maybe your current save someh

• I also played the Android version. I had other problems with episode 4 (not gonna spoil it). But I guess the problem is in system speed of response. For me solution was in deleting all other games and unnecessary apps.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.