The Fate Of The Crooked Man

edited December 2015 in The Wolf Among Us

Personally I felt that it would be a bad way to start off the new justice system by right away killing someone, so instead I gave the crooked man a trial and then decided to lock him up. Now don't get me wrong I hated that guy and I totally hit him a few times, but I didn't kill him. So how did you handle the Crooked Man?

Comments

• Well actually... I just threw him down the Witching Well, seeing as that was his punishment as dictated by Snow.

In the Fables comics they send a lot of people down the Withing Well for crimes against Fabletown...

• I kill him too by throwing him down the witching well without any regrets
    In the comics "Wolf Among Us" he was imprisoned...

• Threw him down the well but didn't rip his head off.

• I brought him to the trial and then ripped his head off, but then I realized that it was too much, so I replayed and threw him down the well.

Only time I ever replayed a part in my cannon play through

• I thought it would be more fair to imprison him rather than kill him. I didnt want my Bigby to be seen as a killer, aince he is trying to make people not afraid of him.

• I got everyone on my side, everyone agreed to throw him down the well. After he attacked I killed him then chucked him down.

• My first play through I tossed his ass down the Witching Well.

• He didn't even make it to the trial in my game. :)

• Not the Crooked man though. And the reason was Snow too ironically

HazzatheMan posted: »

Well actually... I just threw him down the Witching Well, seeing as that was his punishment as dictated by Snow. In the Fables comics they send a lot of people down the Withing Well for crimes against Fabletown...

• Not greenleaf

I got everyone on my side, everyone agreed to throw him down the well. After he attacked I killed him then chucked him down.

• Imprisoned him. I never kill peope in video games. At least i try not to.

To me thats the right choice anyway. No matter how you look at it. In the throw him down the well ending everyone looks sad EVEN HOLLY.

• Imprisoned him, Bigby wanted to atone for his past mistakes, so it only seemed fair to show everyone how Bigby has changed.

• Imprisoned him.

• I ripped his head off because I was a bit pissed and I thought this was a good revenge for Faith and Lily (you know, the whole head thing xD)
    Though if there will be season 2 then I'll probably go back and throw the Crooked Man down the witching well. I don't want Fabletown to be afraid of me, I want to bring justice, and I think the witching well is the best way to do it ^-^

• edited November 2015

I was pissed off because he had Gorgie kill Faith, a character who I was really interested in, so of course I tossed that mother fucker down the well.

• Crooked Man killed your waifu

lottii-lu posted: »

I was pissed off because he had Gorgie kill Faith, a character who I was really interested in, so of course I tossed that mother fucker down the well.

• First time I threw him down the well, with his head still attached to his body

Second time I imprisoned him.

• If you kill him, some people will be negative.
    If you put him onto a jail, some people will be negative.

If you throw him down the well, everyone seems okay with the decision.

So what is the best decision?

I threw him in the well on my first time through and was happy that nobody questioned it, unlike other playthroughs I watched where the town started to complain if you killed him or put him into jail.

• I let Auntie Greenleaf turn him into a crow. I seem to be the only person who did that.

• I threw him in The Witching Well.

• edited November 2015

I decided to throw him down the witching well since the situation was pretty tense and a discreet execution inexplicably wasn't an option, and then when he tried to strangle me I ripped his head off instead because to ignore that would be to look weak in front of half the town. Now Fabletown is afraid of the big bad wolf, and I'm okay with that. I set out to be a sheriff, not a lapdog with something to prove.

• I Killed him the first time i had a chance. When i had to chose the only thing i could think of was Star Wars and how Anakin didnt kill Palpatine and how everything went to shit because he didnt kill him when he had the chance.

• I did it too.

ralo229 posted: »

I let Auntie Greenleaf turn him into a crow. I seem to be the only person who did that.

• Actually he was trying to make people STOP being afraid.......acording telltale and his inner dialouge

Off_Ground posted: »

I decided to throw him down the witching well since the situation was pretty tense and a discreet execution inexplicably wasn't an option, a

• Wasn't whole point of Star Wars to show mercy to people even when they don't deserve it and nobody wants you to......at least that was the point in the last movie.

• I threw him in the well.

• I actually let the time run out on and he just kind of fell into the well. I thought that made a for a good end, since I didn't actually do it, he just kinda lost his balance, lol.

• Nah, only according to the TWAU comic, in which Bigby's character is completely inconsistent with his self in the original Fables. That Bigby - the REAL Bigby as far as I'm concerned - has been feared throughout Fabletown for over three hundred years and is all the more effective as Sheriff because of it. No brooding about not being loved enough or sucking up to people for approval, just pure ruthless efficiency working for the good of Fabletown, and the game more or less allows you to play him like that if you aren't afraid to stand up to people.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Actually he was trying to make people STOP being afraid.......acording telltale and his inner dialouge

• edited December 2015

But thats because he realised it was pointlessly and have up chosing to only care for snows opinion and nobody elses hence 'i can't win with these people'. During TWAU hes just starting to get respect.

Nah, only according to the TWAU comic, in which Bigby's character is completely inconsistent with his self in the original Fables. That Bigb

• edited December 2015

What are you talking about? He only cared about Snow's opinion in the first place, and even then the two of them are less friendly by the start of the comics than they were when she convinced him to come to Fabletown in the 1600s, so he obviously never tried very hard. Otherwise he's just vaguely pleasant to the people he likes and annoyed at the rest. It makes no sense for him to have groveled for approval for over three centuries only to give up on the whole thing in the twenty or so years between TWAU and the comics, and there's no indication whatsoever that that was ever the case.

But thats because he realised it was pointlessly and have up chosing to only care for snows opinion and nobody elses hence 'i can't win with these people'. During TWAU hes just starting to get respect.

• And that is why that happened. Bigby spared the crooked man because he didn't want snow to be resposible for someones death ie see him as a murderous monster.

What are you talking about? He only cared about Snow's opinion in the first place, and even then the two of them are less friendly by the st

• edited December 2015

Fabletown canonically has capital punishment for treason. They behead north of twenty fables for instigating a rebellion at the farm with no controversy whatsoever, and Snow herself is certainly not squeamish about killing - she personally killed each of the seven dwarves in cold blood as part of her backstory. Not only that, but her first response to seeing Bigby for the first time in his true form was to pick up a sword and threaten him with it. She doesn't need to be babied and is no stranger to the ways of the world.

By Fabletown law the Crooked Man definitely merits the death penalty, the only reason he isn't sentenced on the spot is because of the tension with the town's lower class with which he's been heavily involved and the absence of established leadership. In the comics, being thrown down the Witching Well alive is a one-time gesture of respect towards a very well-liked fable whose treason has mitigating circumstances.

And that is why that happened. Bigby spared the crooked man because he didn't want snow to be resposible for someones death ie see him as a murderous monster.

• Im just using the logic for the TWAU comic. Still you bring up good points. This was a good debate thanks for having it with me :)

Fabletown canonically has capital punishment for treason. They behead north of twenty fables for instigating a rebellion at the farm with no

• Threw him down the Well.It looked like it was the only option for me.You see, I did't wanted to look like some psycho murder who kills other bad guy for "justice".After all most of the Fables agreed that he was worth it (at least,I hope so)

• I threw him down the well

• Ripped his head off...

• yeah. made him more croocked

• As is the law of Fabletown he went down the well.

• There are a lot of spoilers in the title... and I threw him down the Witching Well.

• Threw his crooked ass down the well.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.