Erin Yvette's voice is higher why?

so I've noticed on the wolf among us and the walking dead, Erin Yvette's voice sounds normal but on tales from the borderlands it sounds higher and sounds nothing like her. why is that?

Comments

• It is not an unusual thing for voice actor/actress to have different tones and accents.

• It's just surprising hearing Erin Yvette's voice in a normal tone and it being a lot higher in tales from the borderlands.

It is not an unusual thing for voice actor/actress to have different tones and accents.

• Well, its a different role.

• I'm guessing you don't know what a voice actor does then lol. They are supposed to be able to change their voice for a role. Look at Troy Baker for example. He doesn't sound the same in every game he does.

• And Troy impressively managed to fool me into thinking that it was still Patrick Warburton when he took off that voice thing in episode 4.

I'm guessing you don't know what a voice actor does then lol. They are supposed to be able to change their voice for a role. Look at Troy Baker for example. He doesn't sound the same in every game he does.

• Yes..... That's what voice actors do....

• The best Voice Actors don't even let you realize they're doing a voice. You just think it's natural

tintin1029 posted: »

Yes..... That's what voice actors do....

• same omg I thought I was the only one

And Troy impressively managed to fool me into thinking that it was still Patrick Warburton when he took off that voice thing in episode 4.

• Who is Erin voicing?

• Sasha, in TFTB.

Who is Erin voicing?

• Who does she voice in TWD and TWAU?

Sasha, in TFTB.

• TWD: Molly (I think), Bonnie

TWAU: Snow

Who does she voice in TWD and TWAU?

• same here

same omg I thought I was the only one

• Her voice has always had a higher pitch to me

• You are right about Molly..

TWD: Molly (I think), Bonnie TWAU: Snow

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

I've had the pleasure of getting to write for Erin as both Sasha and Bonnie now and she's really awesome to work with - Out of all the characters she's done for Telltale I'd say Sasha is closest to her "natural" voice.

• Whoa, that is cool. I thought Molly's voice was closest to her natural voice. I hope she gets more work both in your games and others. :)

stirpicus posted: »

I've had the pleasure of getting to write for Erin as both Sasha and Bonnie now and she's really awesome to work with - Out of all the characters she's done for Telltale I'd say Sasha is closest to her "natural" voice.

• She's got roles in the upcoming games Firewatch and Oxenfree, both of which are being made by former Telltale employees. In Firewatch, she's apparently playing a girl named Chelsea, and in Oxenfree, she's playing the main character Alex.

enter link description here

Whoa, that is cool. I thought Molly's voice was closest to her natural voice. I hope she gets more work both in your games and others.

• edited December 2015

Professional voice actors can do some amazing things.

Similar to Troy Baker doing the Patrick Warburton impression, if you listen to the Lemony Snicket audiobooks voiced by Tim Curry, he not only voices Violet, Claus and Sonny convincingly, there is a bit in the Carnivorous Carnival where he convincingly does Violet pretending to have a deep voice to hide her identity while Claus raises his voice to hide his.

• ill probably pick this up just because she is in it tbh lol

She's got roles in the upcoming games Firewatch and Oxenfree, both of which are being made by former Telltale employees. In Firewatch, she's

Sign in to comment in this discussion.