TOMI-dont lauching!!!

edited July 2009 in Game Support
^^^ the game just dont lauch it dont even make an error i open it it apper in file manager but dont start i have the same problem in wallace and gromit episode 1,2,3 and sam and max season 2 so it isnt a problem of only one game it all telltale games i have.
all other games work fine
DXdiag:
NVIDIA 8400 GS geforce 512 ram
and 2048 GB ram
dac:integrated RAMDAC
display:1024*1280 (32 bit) (60 Hz)
win XP pro sp3

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Could you also tell us those from dxdiag?
    Main Driver:
    Version:
    Date:

Also take a look at his thread and this one for possible solutions.
  • edited July 2009
    i tried some solutions in that theard but dont work for me
    more information:
    main driver:nv4_disp.dll
    version:6.14.0011.8618
    date:06:30:00 10/06/2009
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    guille wrote: »
    i tried some solutions in that theard but dont work for me
    more information:
    main driver:nv4_disp.dll
    version:6.14.0011.8618
    date:06:30:00 10/06/2009

Okay, i don't see anything wrong in there.
    What solutions did you try already?
  • edited July 2009
    i tried: deleting the nvidia drivers and reinstalling
    tried lauch with other resolutions
    and hzs
    tried check the dxdiag
    no found the old tablet drivers i think i instal them
    reseting
    updating drivers (2.7.09)
    put the prop files of the telltale member will
    all my other games works fine (they are of the year 2009 with good grafics)
    so the problem is only with Telltale games
    i played a year ago sam and max season 2 perfecly
    sience that i upgraded my computer and formated it
    i have the same instalation now it dont work
    nothing works so far
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    i tried: deleting the nvidia drivers and reinstalling
    tried lauch with other resolutions
    and hzs
    tried check the dxdiag
    no found the old tablet drivers i think i instal them
    reseting
    updating drivers (2.7.09)
    put the prop files of the telltale member will
    all my other games works fine (they are of the year 2009 with good grafics)
    so the problem is only with Telltale games
    i played a year ago sam and max season 2 perfecly
    sience that i upgraded my computer and formated it
    i have the same instalation now it dont work
    nothing works so far

Has Sam & Max also stopped working?

I don't think it makes much sense in this case, but since you tried pretty much every solution i've seen so far you could try checking your memory or even your processor.
    About the processor test: You should monitor your processors temperature while running the processor test. You can do that with core temp. Let the Test run for 5 minutes. If the temperature reaches 60°C before that, abort it. To stop it use "Test/Stop" in the Menu. Just closing the window would keep it running in the systray.
    If there are no Errors listed until then, your processor should be okay.
  • edited July 2009
    when i say upgrade i mean i changed prossesor and memory sience sam and max season 2 worked i dont try all i will do the memory check
    if it the memories it can repair it?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    if it the memories it can repair it?

If it is, all you can do is exchanging it.

Have you tried running Sam&Max since then or the Wallace&Gromit demo?
  • edited July 2009
    i tried sam and max season 2 it dont work i dont play it a full year i instaled it before 3 days for checking if it work and a month ago i tried W&G that dont work too in W&G i though it just was the game becouse the demo doesnt work
    in short:

i still have them in my computer
    and tried to open it
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    i tried sam and max season 2 it dont work i dont play it a full year i instaled it before 3 days for checking if it work and a month ago i tried W&G that dont work too in W&G i though it just was the game becouse the demo doesnt work
    in short:

i still have them in my computer
    and tried to open it

If I understand you correctly Sam&Max Season 2 stopped working after you exchanged Memory and CPU?

Did you also exchange the Graphics Card and Mainboard since then?

Have you tried the Memory and Processor tests yet?

I updated the post about the tests with some more information about the processor test.
  • edited July 2009
    i am dont sure meybe it a program becouse i dont played S&M S2 a year i upgraded some 4 months ago so i am dont so sure it the upgrade
    i think the problem is the same in all Telltale games
    i dont tried the test yet
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    i am dont sure meybe it a program becouse i dont played S&M S2 a year i upgraded some 4 months ago so i am dont so sure it the upgrade
    i think the problem is the same in all Telltale games
    i dont tried the test yet

If you run the tests you can at least rule out some aspects of the upgrade.

If you don't want to do the tests, you should write to support@telltalegames.com and send them a link to this thread, so you don't have to explain everything again.
  • edited July 2009
    the prosseor temperature dont reach the 50 it reaches the 47 after 5 minutes and the most of the time it was in 41
    it E5200 prossesor
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    the prosseor temperature dont reach the 50 it reaches the 47 after 5 minutes and the most of the time it was in 41
    it E5200 prossesor

That's a good sign. At least your system doesn't overheat, even if it runs under maximum CPU Load.

Did the program show any error messages in the text windows?
    Sorry, i should have mentioned that earlier, because that's what it's all about. The temperature monitoring was just a safety measure to prevent hardware damage by overheating.

It would look like the red Worker Thread in this Picture.
    P95ss9.gif
  • edited July 2009
    so what i need to do i prefer a simpler solution
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Try Will's msconfig solution. If that works, we can take a closer look as of why.
  • edited July 2009
    dont worked, have another idea?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    dont worked, have another idea?

If msconfig and the processor test didn't help I would do the memory test if i was in your position. You just have to burn the program to a cd and run it. But do it when you don't need your system for maybe an hour. I don't exactly know how long 1 pass might take, but in many cases errors show up pretty early anyway. If you see the first sign of red you can abort the test and come back here to report.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    I did not notice it between all the things you tried. Did you update DirectX to the latest Version already?
  • edited July 2009
    tried updating
    dont work
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Okay, then tell me when you are done with the memory test.
  • edited July 2009
    I conected an other computer i had amd old and there IT WORKS!!!!!!!!
    BUT...
    two more small problems
    in that computer i dont have sound
    need to lachuch on worse resolution quality 2
    TOMI WORKS
    that game is good
    the problem is why this games dont support advance sistems?
    (this computer is totally formated)
    the sound problem i can fix
    sam and max i will try later
    but if someone finds the solution of the problem it was better
    thx :)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    I conected an other computer i had amd old and there IT WORKS!!!!!!!!
    BUT...
    two more small problems
    in that computer i dont have sound
    need to lachuch on worse resolution quality 2
    TOMI WORKS
    that game is good
    the problem is why this games dont support advance sistems?
    (this computer is totally formated)
    the sound problem i can fix
    sam and max i will try later
    but if someone finds the solution of the problem it was better
    thx :)

I assume you still haven't done the memory test?

Just to clear this up. You tried it on another computer where it works, but sound is missing?
    That is probably because of a missing driver, because you said it was freshly installed.

Because you pretty much tried everything that comes to my mind, you should send an E-Mail to support@telltalegames.com and send them a link to this thread.

You could also send a private Message to Will, who works for Telltalegames and officially does support here in the Forum.

Maybe they have further ideas.
  • edited July 2009

DjNDB wrote: »
    I assume you still haven't done the memory test?

Just to clear this up. You tried it on another computer where it works, but sound is missing?
    That is probably because of a missing driver, because you said it was freshly installed.

Because you pretty much tried everything that comes to my mind, you should send an E-Mail to support@telltalegames.com and send them a link to this thread.

You could also send a private Message to Will, who works for Telltalegames and officially does support here in the Forum.

Maybe they have further ideas.

the problem of sound is that i dont have a speaker dont a driver it dont so expensive i can buy one but
    i still can enjoy it
    i try for now only TOMI it very fun
    that all but if you find the ULTIMATE solution or any other idea tell me here or in private message it better to play on my main computer and it will help
    any way i (meybe) upgrade my computer soon:):):):D
    spoiler aheadvvv
    :cool:

[PHP]

[HTML]spoiler<<<< when you use the map of the animal you need to hear the soundb of animals<<<<spoiler[/HTML][/PHP]
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Here is an overview of what you should try, before asking further questions:

Testing your memory:
    Bad memory is often the reason for random crashes. In order to test your memory download http://www.memtest86.com/ and make a bootable cd or disk. Start your system from that medium to run the memory test.

It is probably enough to run it for one pass. Look at the lower table that looks like this after one pass is finished:
    Test Pass Errors
    ---- ---- ------
    Std     1      0

If there are errors they are showed in red as in this example:
    th_Photo024.jpg

Testing your graphics card:

Open your PC and make sure the graphics card cooler is dust free and look whether the fan runs when the PC is running.

Download FurMark to stress test your graphics card. Start it, select "Stability Test" and "Xtreme Burning Mode" and press "Go!".
    While running you should monitor the temperature at the bottom of the screen. Run it for 10 minutes or until the temperature seems to be stable for some minutes. If the temperature exceeds 80°C, abort with Escape.rature seems to be stable for some minutes. If the temperature exceeds 80°C, abort with Escape.
  • edited July 2009
    the main problem:
    i finished tales of monkey island 101 but the problem is when 102 comes out
    it was really hard withuont sound there were 2 part with sound puzzles and i got to use walkthough
    :( i know it a noob thing to use walkthough but i couldnt prossed <spoiler
    i dont get why an old computer even starts TellTale games and my good computer dont

still it even cannot lauch the laucher still dont know why
    i will try the memory test tommorow

the secundary problem:
    i have a problem with SAM and MAX season 2
    the computer resets when i get to some spots i tried to low resolution and grafic it dont work alot
    but if it work in my gaming pc i think it will dont have such problem (like in 202 in the "hidden" cave when i enter it the seamonkeys shows up and i finish the conversation when i should allow me play it resets) <my english it dont so good i know

if i solve the main problem it will solve the secundary one

the bright side is that i beat TOMI 101 that was fun i am waiting for 102 i hope it will work in my good computer .
    anyway i still want to solve the problem
  • edited July 2009
    i have done memory test one pass no errors i think the problem is in software not hardware some programs that block it what it can be :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    i want to solve the problem now i tried all:confused: i am very :confused: about it (confused) :(
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    I just saw that there's something important we have not tried yet, because i thought it was in your list of things you did and wasn't.

Msconfig for Windows XP:
    To Boot Clean in Windows XP

1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
    4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
    5. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    6. Click on the Services tab
    7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
    8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
    6. Click OK
    7. Click Restart
    8. After reboot, run game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your system by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click OK
    4. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer

Based on Will's post
  • edited July 2009
    wait i dont tried 8 in firts part
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    wait i dont tried 8 in firts part

But that's what it's all about ^^
  • edited July 2009
    i tried dont work 5 minutes ago
    have another idea in the old computer it shut down always in the same spot in S&M S2 but that computer is totally formated only the basic
    but the main computer is full of programs
    and beter hardward (grafic card , memories etc) beter in all why it work in the old one and in the new dont????????
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    i tried dont work 5 minutes ago
    have another idea in the old computer it shut down always in the same spot in S&M S2

okay... :(
    Which Episode of S&M S2?
    DVD or download version?
  • edited July 2009
    all episodes i have a dvd i dont think it the problem the same dvd worked a year ago
    and it the same problem in W&G and TOMI
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    I am running out of ideas. It's best if you write an E-Mail to the Telltale Support as mentioned above. Maybe they can sort this out.
  • edited July 2009
    already wrote a week ago
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    already wrote a week ago

You should try it again. Maybe it got lost somehow. They had issues with their support system just a week ago.
  • edited July 2009
    i dont tried to do the grafic card scan but becouse the game worked in that grafic card a year ago i dont think it will help
    i send other message
    meybe it becouse i installed motherboard vga driver i anyway dont sure if i installed it i dont know how to find if there is a driver
  • edited July 2009
    the same dvd of S&M S2 works on the old computer
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Hey Guille,

Sorry you haven't been receiving our support replies, I think your spam filter might be capturing them. I recommend adding support@telltalegames.com to your safe list.

DjNDB has walked you through everything we would try and the situation with your computer is frankly stumping us. Your newer computer should definitely be compatible, but we're out of new things to try. I'm afraid I can only apologize and offer you a refund at this point.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    I just had another idea of which i don't know if it makes much sense, but since the error doesn't either it might fit :D

Let's start with a more detailed dxdiag output.

Start dxdiag:
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Copy and paste it's contents into a new message.

More detailed:
    Open the file. Select all text that is shown in that file and copy it here into the forum.
    You can do that by pressing CTRL-A followed by CTRL-C in the open file to copy the data, and then write a message here and press CTRL-V.
  • edited July 2009
    meybe i will buy another computer and that all any way i wanted upgrade my computer meybe it was the mainboard i think it will work there
This discussion has been closed.